Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'Faithfull' biopic
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:08

'McQueen' Director to Helm Marianne Faithfull Biopic With 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Star Lucy Boynton

Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images for FIJI Water
Lucy Boynton

2/4/2020 by Alex Ritman

Altitude has boarded worldwide sales rights for the film, with casting now underway for the role of Mick Jagger.
The long-gestating biopic of British music icon Marianne Faithfull is gathering steam.

Ian Bonhôte, who landed two BAFTA nominations for his acclaimed Alexander McQueen documentary McQueen, has now been lined up to direct Faithfull, with Bohemian Rhapsody and The Politician star Lucy Boynton already tapped for the lead role. Production is set to start this fall.

Altitude has also acquired worldwide sales rights to the film, with Julia Taylor-Stanley (Coriolanus) of Artemis Films and Colin Vaines (Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool) of Synchronistic Pictures producing. Andee Ryder, producer of McQueen, will also produce for Misfits Entertainment, with Boynton also serving as an executive producer alongside Julian Bird and Abi Gadsby from Lorton Entertainment, Francois Ravard, Gideon Wittenberg and Will Clarke, Andy Mayson and Mike Runagall for Altitude. Hilary Davis (Belle) is a co-producer. Financing comes from Lorton (Diego Maradona, Horrible Histories: The Movie – Rotten Romans, Oasis: Supersonic).

“I am delighted that my story is finally being made with my dream team of Lucy, Julia and Ian,” said Faithfull.

Set in London in the mid-1960s, Faithfull will chronicle the star's roller coaster journey from being discovered as a convent schoolgirl of 17, finding fame as a pop idol, living through hedonistic times and a tumultuous romance with Mick Jagger that inspired some of their greatest songs, to being a homeless drug addict in Soho.

Her decline took her to the edge, but through her determination not to be known as just a footnote in rock and roll history, she fought her way back, going on to make 21 albums, including the classic Broken English and more recent Negative Capability.

"I fell in love with this project the second I read it so I couldn’t be more thrilled to be a part of telling Marianne’s story both as an actor and, for the first time, as an executive producer, especially alongside this creative team," said Boynton. "I can’t wait to really get started."

Casting is currently underway for the role of Mick Jagger with casting director Sarah Crowe, BAFTA-nominated for The Personal History of David Copperfield on board.

“This has been a cherished project for years and working with Lucy and Ian in bringing Marianne’s incredible story to the screen is an exciting collaboration and meeting of minds,” said Taylor-Stanley.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Re: 'Faithfull' biopic
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: February 4, 2020 22:34

Made one good song, "Something Better" got famous for going out with Mick Jagger, made a string of increasingly terrible solo albums punctuated by heroin addiction and homelessness. No one would care if she wasn't linked to the Stones. The end.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 4, 2020 22:58

Bollocks. Her albums the past two decades have been excellent. Her voice is tremendous, perfect for her Brecht/Weill covers on 20th Century Blues. Before the Poison; Easy Come, Easy Go; Give My Love to London all have tremendous moments.

Tough to find a better model for how to handle a late career.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2020 23:00

WorriedAboutYou
Made one good song, "Something Better" got famous for going out with Mick Jagger, made a string of increasingly terrible solo albums punctuated by heroin addiction and homelessness. No one would care if she wasn't linked to the Stones. The end.

To each their own. I like her solo albums a lot.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 5, 2020 00:18

Hmmm. What are the chances Victoria Pearman will pick this up for Jagged Films?

Yes, I'm kidding.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 5, 2020 05:36

My dad liked Faithful, and was very picky about vocalists. I hope it's not hokey, like 'Stoned'.

Date: February 5, 2020 07:19

The notion of casting someone to play "Mick Jagger" is a very tricky one. And so far has always been something of an embarrassment. I think first off they will have to decide which "Jagger" they are going for; which side of his image they want to push to the forefront. MF dd not have her relationship with the on-stage persona of Jagger. Also the Jagger of '67, ''68 was not who he became later. But it will be hard to ignore.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2020 07:43

There was a Marianne interview where
she stated that for years Mick payed
the rent on her mother Eva's cottage …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 5, 2020 08:26

cyclist
Bollocks. Her albums the past two decades have been excellent. Her voice is tremendous, perfect for her Brecht/Weill covers on 20th Century Blues. Before the Poison; Easy Come, Easy Go; Give My Love to London all have tremendous moments.

Tough to find a better model for how to handle a late career.

Exactly, Thank you!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 5, 2020 15:01

Rockman
There was a Marianne interview where
she stated that for years Mick payed
the rent on her mother Eva's cottage …..

I believe he later gifted the cottage to Nicholas as a wedding present in 1989.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2020 21:14

the little things we don't
hear about ….. very generous of Mick..….

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home