Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Mick and Rae Dawn Chong
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:35

Rocky Dijon
Rocky Dijon
schillid
Not a fan of Metallica.

I'll take Three Dog Night over Metallica any day.

Given the current hysteria in this thread, allow me to state that in no way did I suggest gun violence against schillid by mentioning Three Dog Night. Please don't contact another country's law enforcement agency in the name of Jeremiah the Bullfrog.

In 1972 when I was just fifteen years old, I camped out with my friend Elliott overnight at the Spectrum in Philly to get Stones tickets. (Unbelievable that our parents let us do that!)

We had staked out a good spot right in front of the box office window the day before. Unfortunately, later that afternoon, they made us move to the side because there was a show at the Spectrum that night:
Three Dog Night.

The next morning was mayhem. The crowd pressed against the box office window from all sides. So I had not ever forgiven Three Dog Night for making me lose my great spot on line.
But I got my Rolling Stones tickets... so I guess I can forgive them.

Can't we all just get along?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:44

Hairball

I was hoping we could talk more about the Carpenters.smiling smiley

We've only just begun to talk about The Carpenters.

Date: February 6, 2020 20:46

liddas

Say 3 Ave Maria before going to bed and your soul will be safe!

C

Come to think of it, Mary's husband was a Carpenter...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:53

keefriff99
TheGreek
Doxa
TheGreek
I cant believe how many apologists there are for Pedophilia . Shame !

Hmm... So you are basically claiming that Mick Jagger is a pedophile (since aren't we here talking about Jagger's doings)? Probably you should check what that term means. And if you after that still believe so, you probably should rethink if this site a right place for you.

- Doxa
First off being that I am of Greek decent I certainly know and understand the meaning and definition of Pedophilia . Secondly I find it morally reprehensible . It is beyond disgusting that people cite ages of consent in various countries across the globe ! I am engaging in this topic and discussion and expressing myself the same as you and others are doing . So just because I disagree with some , as I do ,that I should take a hike ? Really ? Seriously ? You have got to be kidding me ?
Why do you find that disgusting? Age of consent laws are the only concrete, objective guidelines that exist for governing this type of sexual behavior.

The only other alternative is to leave it up to each individual's internal moral compass, or lack thereof.

So as weird as it might be to the majority of us if a 55-year old man is dating an 18-year old college freshman, it's legal and really none of our business provided no illegal abuse or coercion is going on.
Here in the states 18 is pretty much the law . I am referring to the under 18 age group . I have no position on any age adult being with another consenting adult that is at least 18 years of age . That is exactly where I am coming from .

Date: February 6, 2020 20:59

TheGreek
First off being that I am of Greek decent I certainly know and understand the meaning and definition of Pedophilia . Secondly I find it morally reprehensible . It is beyond disgusting that people cite ages of consent in various countries across the globe ! I am engaging in this topic and discussion and expressing myself the same as you and others are doing . So just because I disagree with some , as I do ,that I should take a hike ? Really ? Seriously ? You have got to be kidding me ?

Forgive me, I mean no disrespect to you or Doxa (whose posts are generally the most thoughtful and thought-provoking on this board). I believe his point was that pedophilia is limited to age 13 or younger and didn't apply to the alleged incident with Mick.

Part of this discussion has been very serious about attitudes, morals, crimes, social customs etc. (sometimes expressed from people whose countries have different ages of consent which influences their feelings on this particular incident) and part of it has been outright silliness to lighten the seriousness of what is being discussed.

Some of the humor is sometimes misunderstood and/or doesn't translate well and people have become offended. Some very good people who post here regularly are among those who were upset. I don't think anyone has ever really meant anyone should actually leave the board. It's more another way of saying if you think Mick is a pedophile, you're mistaken. Get out of here is sometimes just asking someone to re-think something they stated, not telling someone to physically leave. If you think Mick's a womanizer who has broken the law in some instances - you'll likely find no one who disagrees with you. What people think of the law or moral standards varies for all kinds of reasons. Keefriff just pointed out the double standards many people experience, though it's more a question of what they think rather than what they act upon. There's been some good discussion and some good camaraderie. Regrettably, there's also been some misunderstandings and some anger. It is, after all, a controversial issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 21:01 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:00

TheGreek
keefriff99
TheGreek
Doxa
TheGreek
I cant believe how many apologists there are for Pedophilia . Shame !

Hmm... So you are basically claiming that Mick Jagger is a pedophile (since aren't we here talking about Jagger's doings)? Probably you should check what that term means. And if you after that still believe so, you probably should rethink if this site a right place for you.

- Doxa
Why do you find that disgusting? Age of consent laws are the only concrete, objective guidelines that exist for governing this type of sexual behavior.

The only other alternative is to leave it up to each individual's internal moral compass, or lack thereof.

So as weird as it might be to the majority of us if a 55-year old man is dating an 18-year old college freshman, it's legal and really none of our business provided no illegal abuse or coercion is going on.
Here in the states 18 is pretty much the law . I am referring to the under 18 age group . I have no position on any age adult being with another consenting adult that is at least 18 years of age . That is exactly where I am coming from .
So your stance is that if 16 is the legal age of consent in a given state or country, and an adult acts on that, it's still morally wrong to you personally?

Date: February 6, 2020 22:27

"Three dog night" is said to be a phrase used by Australian Aborigines, meaning “a night so cold you will need to take three dogs to bed with you to stay warm”.

Sick.

Date: February 6, 2020 22:29

That's Beastiality. That's the room down the hall on the left.

Date: February 6, 2020 23:08

Deviant?
Carpenters wood. Maybe knot.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:59

Don't care about his sex life.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2020 01:08

Just another night ….

ROCKMAN

Date: February 7, 2020 02:16

I'll see your "Just Another Night" and raise you a "Hard Woman."

Date: February 7, 2020 02:34

Just another knight

Date: February 7, 2020 03:25

She's da boss …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:51

nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
Metallica made 2 records a while ago, called LOAD and RELOAD. Did you like them?

You want to explain that? I know Metallica had nothing to do with this topic. Is that a veiled threat of some sort???

I strongly suggest you explain that or I may need to get a second opinion.

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

It also explains a lot that you read something and didn't get it.

Well, that's done then.

No obviously I didn't. I'm specifically asking about LOAD UNLOAD, Im taking that as a veiled threat of gun violence by you and if it's not then say what the reference is to or I need a federal agency to explain what you meant by that. Am I clear now???

Ahhh. Now it's a Black Sabbath album.

Some album names brings "a federal agency" to your mind? That's beyond hilarious. Do you live in a gated community? Sounds like it. Go ahead, call "a federal agency" if you must. That's not much different than your little friend Tomi blithering on about health insurance when... she's on her parent's health insurance.

Regardless of that complete ignorance, I had something else in mind regarding the Metallica album titles, and now it has even more essence to it, but at this point, there's no reason to explain since, you know, you feel the need to call "a federal agency".

Aside from your ignorance about the thread subject, it's beyond obvious that you might want to look into lightening up a bit. You know, since you're so serious.

Date: February 7, 2020 05:13

ROCKMAN

Date: February 7, 2020 05:21

Now Rae Dawn is 58, and a grandmother, she says. From her photo in the Daily Mail she looks ten years older. In the Daily Mail article, she also implies some kind of relationships from 1977 with comedian Steve Martin (then 32) and Ryan O’Neal (also mid 30s). She says she didn’t tell Jagger how old she was, and he didn’t ask.

She says she woke up with Jagger only to find Keith Richards staring down at them. (We can deduce that this was in New York during the making of “Some Girls” at Electric Lady Studios.) But Richards never mentions her in his very detailed happily salacious memoir, “Life.” This episode wasn’t important enough for him to report, apparently.

Rae Dawn’s big movie career lasted a very short time. She starred with Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1985’s “Commando.”The next year she and C. Thomas Howell appeared in an egregious, stupid movie called “Soul Man” in which he played a college kid who pretended to be black to get into Harvard. She was his girlfriend. By 1990, Rae Dawn had drifted into D movies and TV shows no one remembers. Her last of those series was in 2003. In 1985 she’d been married once and had a child. She told People she’d never marry again. But in 1989 she married Howell for a year. She had one more husband, Nathan Ulrich, whom she divorced after three years in 2014.

So it’s time to cash in. No doubt a book deal is coming following this episode. But really, let’s take it all with a shaker of salt.

[www.showbiz411.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:26

GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
Metallica made 2 records a while ago, called LOAD and RELOAD. Did you like them?

You want to explain that? I know Metallica had nothing to do with this topic. Is that a veiled threat of some sort???

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

Well, that's done then.

No obviously I didn't. I'm specifically asking about LOAD UNLOAD, Im taking that as a veiled threat of gun violence by you and if it's not then say what the reference is to or I need a federal agency to explain what you meant by that. Am I clear now???

Some album names brings "a federal agency" to your mind? That's beyond hilarious. Do you live in a gated community? Sounds like it. Go ahead, call "a federal agency" if you must. That's not much different than your little friend Tomi blithering on about health insurance when... she's on her parent's health insurance.

Regardless of that complete ignorance, I had something else in mind regarding the Metallica album titles, and now it has even more essence to it, but at this point, there's no reason to explain since, you know, you feel the need to call "a federal agency".

Aside from your ignorance about the thread subject, it's beyond obvious that you might want to look into lightening up a bit. You know, since you're so serious.

The LOAD UNLOAD reference coupled with the gun loving Lahren and for a 2nd night in a row unable to explain your reference make it clear what you're getting at.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:27

Paranoia strikes deep.....

Date: February 7, 2020 05:29

nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

Well, that's done then.

The LOAD UNLOAD reference coupled with the gun loving Lahren and for a 2nd night in a row unable to explain your reference make it clear what you're getting at.

Explain what I'm getting at.

Oh wait - you can't: you have no idea what you're talking about because you're paranoid, for some federal agency reason, and you can't understand some things that are obvious. I'll give you the album titles and Tammi Lohren blending - that didn't occur to me, that more of a Faux News mindset - but you're below the deep end like Bon Scott.

Date: February 7, 2020 05:30

Hairball
Paranoia strikes deep.....

I thought LOAD would be obvious... but, you know, like, yeahhhh, stuff like that and everything.

I've never seen such dumb shit in my life.

Date: February 7, 2020 05:42

I'd vouch for your character outside of the board, but I don't think my opinion would count.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:50

GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

Well, that's done then.

Oh wait - you can't: you have no idea what you're talking about because you're paranoid, for some federal agency reason, and you can't understand some things that are obvious. I'll give you the album titles and Tammi Lohren blending - that didn't occur to me, that more of a Faux News mindset - but you're below the deep end like Bon Scott.

Yeah, I guess I'm a dumb shit. Politics and insults but no explanation.

Date: February 7, 2020 06:28

nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

Well, that's done then.

Yeah, I guess I'm a dumb shit. Politics and insults but no explanation.

There's no guessing - you are.

Stop being such a yawnce. You don't understand shit so just stop. You think something about something that happened a long time ago yet you have zero ability to have any cognizance of the facts, and then act insulted because of it. I present something to you about nothing more than a bunch of bullshit, it bizarrely goes extremely over your PC head and you act like you're actually going to be some idiot flag waver and call "a federal agency", which is complete crap. You probably tote the 2nd amendment with no regard to the fact of it, just like that blonde idiot.

Stop whining, learn how to read, move out of mom's basement and grow up.

Date: February 7, 2020 06:29

Rocky Dijon
I'd vouch for your character outside of the board, but I don't think my opinion would count.

It's astounding how there are so many idiots in the world that don't know how to f u c k i n g read. ALSO KNOWN AS COMPREHEND. They are an embarrassment to society. Pure idiota. Troglodytes. The kind of idiots that ask on FaceBook "Is the tornado coming?" when the post was 28 minutes ago. They probably know nothing about 18 garlic cloves being cooked with grass fed cow meat to ease the pain of concrete and steel dust collapsing on some "stupid Mexican" under some pathetic construction that gets tossed aside in some aspect of historic buildings.

Meanwhile vomit is the new epoxy for shiny shoes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 06:36 by GasLightStreet.

Date: February 7, 2020 09:24

ROCKMAN

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 7, 2020 09:54

It's been interesting reading different opinions on the subject. Both sides make good points. Hopefully we can have similar discussions in the future without too much bickering. Think it's good for everyone.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 7, 2020 10:55

On the other hand, Rae Dawn Chong has not aged well at all. She looks much older than her actual age (58). I would have never recognized her from that photo.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 7, 2020 12:13

TornAndFried
On the other hand, Rae Dawn Chong has not aged well at all. She looks much older than her actual age (58). I would have never recognized her from that photo.

Yeah it's called not wearing a wig or dying your hair, she actually looks young for almost 60.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 7, 2020 12:29

Ok back to the thread discussion, been doing some research on this and it's sugested Mackenzie allegedly changed her story for the book, originally she was allegedly underage. Going back to Sept 2009 on iorr there were a few conflicting stories as to her age at the time being commented on by various posters, some implying she was underage when she lost her virginity. It gets very sad actuality, she was a drug user from the age of 13 , full on junkie by 18, and it's her father that allegedly groomed her using drugs etc. We would all rather believe her account in the book because otherwise we are getting near to that horrible word being thrown about here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 12:39 by keithsman.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home