Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Mick and Rae Dawn Chong
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2020 10:59

Heck hope da morality cops don't
get ta hear Bogan's Shave 'Em Dry ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: February 5, 2020 15:12

cyclist
I'd say Rebecca Solnit, a feminist and brilliant author, said it best concerning her being an adolescent in the Bay Area in the '70s.

“The dregs of the sexual revolution were what remained, and it was really sort of a counterrevolution (guys arguing that since sex was beautiful and everyone should have lots, everything goes and they could go at anyone; young women and girls with no way to say no and no one to help them stay out of harmful dudes’ way). The culture was sort of snickeringly approving of the pursuit of underage girls. It was completely normalized. Like child marriage in some times and places. Which doesn’t make it OK, but means that, unlike a man engaged in the pursuit of a minor today, there was virtually no discourse about why this might be wrong.”

It was a different time. It would be looked on entirely differently today.

I agree that some people used the sexual revolution as a pretext to engage in this behavior, but people knew it was wrong, imo. I'm old enough to have been there at that time. As teenagers, we joked about jailbait, but what made the joke funny was that we knew it was off limits. If you were 18, you didn't mess with 15-year-old girls. It was pathetic. Imagine being a grown man and doing that.

You can usually tell if people think something is wrong if they hide it. Or deny it.
Compare it to drug use, which has changed. By 1977-78, Keith was more or less able to admit to being a heroin addict and there was acceptance that he needed help. That's how he avoided jail. Of course, Keith never thought drug use was wrong, and in that, society has mostly come around to his point of view.
But even today, Mick Jagger could never go on a chat show and talk about how he pursued teenage girls.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 5, 2020 20:44

Really, if you want to take the moral high ground over Stones or Stones-adjacent transgressions, Anita injecting the Nellcote cook's teen-aged daughter with heroin or playing fatal Russian roulette with a 17 year old boy is worse by far.

Mandy Smith was apparently badly affected by her intimate r'ship with Bill which began when she was 13.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 5, 2020 20:54

The past is a foreign country......they do things differently there.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 5, 2020 21:41

For the record, WONDERBOY, Shirley Watts had an affair, well documented. I cast no stones ( pardon the pun) but it is a fact. It happened over 30 years ago...not sure what year. As far as Mick being a " predator"....look up that word in the dictionary...Mick hardly fits that description. He never once held a gun to anyone's head to go with him, quite the contrary. If they ( the woman he left behind) didn't know Mick's MO, shame on THEM!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 6, 2020 02:06

schillid
Not a fan of Metallica.

I'll take Three Dog Night over Metallica any day.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 6, 2020 06:42

nick
GasLightStreet
Metallica made 2 records a while ago, called LOAD and RELOAD. Did you like them?

You want to explain that? I know Metallica had nothing to do with this topic. Is that a veiled threat of some sort???

I strongly suggest you explain that or I may need to get a second opinion.

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

It also explains a lot that you read something and didn't get it.

Well, that's done then.

Date: February 6, 2020 06:46

nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet

Are you Tomi Lahren? Kind of sounds like it.

You're beyond assumptive. In a plethora of ways.

How much Tomi Lahren do you watch to make an "assumptive" comment like that? Doesn't she have a political show? We're not gonna go there.

No, her show is just ignorant baseless opinion.

So now you get why I said what I said.

Kinda like what you say.... I can do this all day GasLighter.

You're obviously a fan of hers, seeing that you talk like her.

Feel free to read what all has been said and understand facts, not some "I'm offended" PC rag.

Date: February 6, 2020 06:47

sdstonesguy
It says a lot about the people here who are looking for any reason to say molesting a child is ok.

The trend by these monsters seems to be "what is the lowest possible age I can @#$%& and get away with it."

You people expose yourself. Frankly, I am naively shocked at how many child molesters or wanna-be-child-molesters are on this site.

Please...keep exposing your ideology here...let the world know you support child molestation.

BV...5 pages deep...thank you for answering the questions. Debating politics is in bad taste but defending child molestation gets the stamp of approval on IORR.

You people are disgusting monsters.

Please stick with facts, not fake news. You're just spouting fake news, like someone else here.

Take the time to R-E-A-D.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 6, 2020 08:36

GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet
Metallica made 2 records a while ago, called LOAD and RELOAD. Did you like them?

You want to explain that? I know Metallica had nothing to do with this topic. Is that a veiled threat of some sort???

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

Well, that's done then.

No obviously I didn't. I'm specifically asking about LOAD UNLOAD, Im taking that as a veiled threat of gun violence by you and if it's not then say what the reference is to or I need a federal agency to explain what you meant by that. Am I clear now???

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 6, 2020 08:49

nick
GasLightStreet
nick
GasLightStreet

A veiled threat, eh?

That explains a lot.

Well, that's done then.

No obviously I didn't. I'm specifically asking about LOAD UNLOAD, Im taking that as a veiled threat of gun violence by you and if it's not then say what the reference is to or I need a federal agency to explain what you meant by that. Am I clear now???

Dude, stop being so dramatic please. You are embarrassing yourself. "A federal agency" lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 08:51 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 6, 2020 08:55

Ok then what is the reference?

Date: February 6, 2020 09:04

Rae Dawn Chong …………………

ROCKMAN

Date: February 6, 2020 09:52

Rae Dawn Chong arrives at Neon Presents Los Angeles Premiere of
'Parasite' at ArcLight Hollywood on October 02, 2019 in Hollywood, California.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 6, 2020 12:44

There was this daughter of songwriter John Philips, Mackenzie Philips, rumours there too, no one evolved in these rumours has ever been forced into sex with Mick, that's not in question, it's just that he does seem to like them young and that can be a problem for people and understandably so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 20:18 by keithsman.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 6, 2020 13:05

Can we close this thread, folks ? It's all getting a tad National Enquirer-esque.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 6, 2020 13:42

keithsman
There was this daughter of songwriter John Philips, Mackenzie Philips, rumours there too, no one evolved in these rumours has ever been forced into sex with Mick, that's not in question, it's just that he does seem to like them young and that can be a problem for people and understandably so.

Well, whatever Sir Mick is and does and represents can be, and have been, a problem for people and understably so. But anyway, strictly legal issues should be seperated from the moralist stances. That of him dating some 19 years old today, is not against any law, and actually not our business at all, no matter how much we 'dislike' it or how much it does not 'look good'.

Probably having such a bad boy/womanizer/hedonist @#$%& or whatever reputation per se, none of these moralist concerns do not seem to affect to his business - people seem to be still eager to see him in concert. Probably most of these moralist concerns arise among us Rolling Stones fans, because we tend to care more about his doings, and probably think more morally high of him. For the rest of the world any screaming tabloid news do not come as any shock, since 'that's Jagger - what else we should expect from him'. The same is with Keith - we fans know him as a much more intelligent, gentle, even 'normal' person and a family man than the funny caricature junkie pirate character unable to come up with a coherent or understable sentence he is generally known for.

But as far as Mackenzie Philips is concerned, no matter how nasty/tasty the rumors can be (for people like you to spread), she personally has stated that Jagger was after her, but he hold his horses until she turned 18. So in the case of her, Mick seemed to care about the law, but that was not seemingly the case with Rae Dawn Chong (who, interestingly, was a friend of Philips, and it was through Philips Jagger get to know her).

- Doxa

Date: February 6, 2020 14:44

Let us continue this case a bit further. If we assume that both women - Mackenzie Philips and Rae Dawn Chong - are here saying the truth, then we do not know which case is an anomaly - that of him following typically the law or not - but what we do know is that Mick Jagger was awere of the illegality of having sex with underage. So morally speaking, we shouldn't give him a free pass, despite how common it was at the time in those circles and when seemingly 'no one cared' (o tempora o mores). Jagger, at least, seemed to care (or was awere of its legal consequences, no matter how unlikely those were). However, Mick could defend his misconduct by claiming that 'it never occured to me that she, such a hot thing and a woman all the way, could be underage - so I just made a terrible error in judging her age, and I was too stupid to confirm it by asking her I.D.', which propably could give him a certain moral free pass (at least to please his own conscience), but, of course, not in terms of law.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 14:48 by Doxa.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 6, 2020 14:50

I cant believe how many apologists there are for Pedophilia . Shame !

Date: February 6, 2020 15:04

TheGreek

Hmm... So you are basically claiming that Mick Jagger is a pedophile (since aren't we here talking about Jagger's doings)? Probably you should check what that term means. And if you after that still believe so, you probably should rethink if this site a right place for you.

- Doxa

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:15

TheGreek

I can't believe how many people are framing moral arguments around a rock band.

I recommend a more suitable site: www.playhousedisney.com

Date: February 6, 2020 16:28

Rocky Dijon
schillid
Not a fan of Metallica.

Given the current hysteria in this thread, allow me to state that in no way did I suggest gun violence against schillid by mentioning Three Dog Night. Please don't contact another country's law enforcement agency in the name of Jeremiah the Bullfrog.

My parents were born in 1940 and 1942, respectively. My Dad was 18 when he married my Mom who was 17. I think, according to the IORR standards, he may have been a pedophile. Oh the shame this brings to me and my family. Who knew? It's wrong now. It was wrong then. It was wrong when a First Century Jew like Mary was betrothed at age 12. Now that's a Godawful crime if I ever heard one.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:23

Doxa
Let us continue this case a bit further. If we assume that both women - Mackenzie Philips and Rae Dawn Chong - are here saying the truth, then we do not know which case is an anomaly - that of him following typically the law or not - but what we do know is that Mick Jagger was awere of the illegality of having sex with underage. So morally speaking, we shouldn't give him a free pass, despite how common it was at the time in those circles and when seemingly 'no one cared' (o tempora o mores). Jagger, at least, seemed to care (or was awere of its legal consequences, no matter how unlikely those were). However, Mick could defend his misconduct by claiming that 'it never occured to me that she, such a hot thing and a woman all the way, could be underage - so I just made a terrible error in judging her age, and I was too stupid to confirm it by asking her I.D.', which propably could give him a certain moral free pass (at least to please his own conscience), but, of course, not in terms of law.

- Doxa

Pete Townshend had it right when he said to the Stones while handing them a lifetime achievement award, "guys what ever you do don't grow old gracefully, it wouldn't suit you " I do believe the Stones are fullfilling Pete's wish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 20:16 by keithsman.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:39

Rocky Dijon
Rocky Dijon
schillid
Not a fan of Metallica.

Given the current hysteria in this thread, allow me to state that in no way did I suggest gun violence against schillid by mentioning Three Dog Night. Please don't contact another country's law enforcement agency in the name of Jeremiah the Bullfrog.

My parents were born in 1940 and 1942, respectively. My Dad was 18 when he married my Mom who was 17. I think, according to the IORR standards, he may have been a pedophile. Oh the shame this brings to me and my family. Who knew? It's wrong now. It was wrong then. It was wrong when a First Century Jew like Mary was betrothed at age 12. Now that's a Godawful crime if I ever heard one.
Can we please be more precise with our terminology. Pedophilia is attraction to PRE-PUBESCENT children.

Being attracted to pubescent teens (say, 14-17) is unsavory and frowned upon by modern society, but it is biologically normal. You just don't act on it...like someone else said, any straight male father who claims he isn't sneaking a glance or two at the high school cheerleaders at their kid's sporting event is most likely lying.

Date: February 6, 2020 18:46

keefriff, I know the definition of pedophile and why it's being used as weapon incorrectly here (and likely deliberately). That was one of the points of my sarcastic post.

I'm also the monster who offered up the high school cheerleader example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 18:47 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: February 6, 2020 18:51

Rocky Dijon
keefriff, I know the definition of pedophile and why it's being used as weapon incorrectly here (and likely deliberately). That was one of the points of my sarcastic post.

I figured as much regarding your sarcasm, and I tend to agree with your assessment overall.

It's a weird topic because men can simultaneously have daughters that they're super protective of AND also leer at hot teenage girls and hope no one notices. That biological imperative to find young mates is deep inside our primitive brains and you can't just shut it off.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2020 19:21

tomcasagranda
Can we close this thread, folks ? It's all getting a tad National Enquirer-esque.

I was hoping we could talk more about the Carpenters.smiling smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 6, 2020 19:52

Rocky Dijon

Say 3 Ave Maria before going to bed and your soul will be safe!

C

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 6, 2020 19:54

Doxa
TheGreek

Hmm... So you are basically claiming that Mick Jagger is a pedophile (since aren't we here talking about Jagger's doings)? Probably you should check what that term means. And if you after that still believe so, you probably should rethink if this site a right place for you.

- Doxa
First off being that I am of Greek decent I certainly know and understand the meaning and definition of Pedophilia . Secondly I find it morally reprehensible . It is beyond disgusting that people cite ages of consent in various countries across the globe ! I am engaging in this topic and discussion and expressing myself the same as you and others are doing . So just because I disagree with some , as I do ,that I should take a hike ? Really ? Seriously ? You have got to be kidding me ?

Date: February 6, 2020 20:00

TheGreek
Doxa
TheGreek

- Doxa
First off being that I am of Greek decent I certainly know and understand the meaning and definition of Pedophilia . Secondly I find it morally reprehensible . It is beyond disgusting that people cite ages of consent in various countries across the globe ! I am engaging in this topic and discussion and expressing myself the same as you and others are doing . So just because I disagree with some , as I do ,that I should take a hike ? Really ? Seriously ? You have got to be kidding me ?
Why do you find that disgusting? Age of consent laws are the only concrete, objective guidelines that exist for governing this type of sexual behavior.

The only other alternative is to leave it up to each individual's internal moral compass, or lack thereof.

So as weird as it might be to the majority of us if a 55-year old man is dating an 18-year old college freshman, it's legal and really none of our business provided no illegal abuse or coercion is going on.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home