Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2020
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 25, 2020 07:23

The Sicilian
DGA35
Chicago won't trade Patrick Kane back to his home town! He's still playing at an elite level and the Hawks are making a push for the playoffs! Maybe in a couple years! The next few weeks will determine which teams are buyers and which are sellers.

Kane is in the 5th year of an 8 year deal at $10 million per year cap hit and he is 31 years old and has already won three Stanley Cups for Chicago. The smart move would be to move him now and get some premium picks and players. The Sabres will be in the bottom 10 AGAIN for the 2020 draft possibly a lottery winner. To move him now makes sense, Hawks will not win the Cup this season.

At least I picked the Sabres finish, except for the lottery.

I wish they would have brought back Lindy Ruff and bumped Ralph upstairs. Instead NJ gets him.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: September 4, 2020 03:13

Is anyone besides me watching the NHL playoffs?

If anyone needs live streams, let me know...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 4, 2020 03:19

KevinM

I've been watching. Even without any live fans, the play off games have been pretty competitive and entertaining. I'm glad the Bruins are out.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 4, 2020 03:36

The Sicilian
The Sicilian
DGA35
Chicago won't trade Patrick Kane back to his home town! He's still playing at an elite level and the Hawks are making a push for the playoffs! Maybe in a couple years! The next few weeks will determine which teams are buyers and which are sellers.

Kane is in the 5th year of an 8 year deal at $10 million per year cap hit and he is 31 years old and has already won three Stanley Cups for Chicago. The smart move would be to move him now and get some premium picks and players. The Sabres will be in the bottom 10 AGAIN for the 2020 draft possibly a lottery winner. To move him now makes sense, Hawks will not win the Cup this season.

At least I picked the Sabres finish, except for the lottery.

I wish they would have brought back Lindy Ruff and bumped Ralph upstairs. Instead NJ gets him.

Ruff? That idiot never out couched anyone. When he got canned he had a better team that Ralph has now. He was successful because he had good teams that was put together by Muckler and Regier. How many careers of players did he ruin? Kalinin, Hecht, atc. It was a great day in Buffalo when they shipped his out of here. He was a bust in Dallas with some great talent. He didnt do anything for the Rangers PK which he was in charge of. 2nd last in the NHL. And why I'm at it..hey Terry go dig another well....you picked up ticket prices every damn year since you've been here. TY Terry.

Date: September 4, 2020 04:08

More Hot Rocks
KevinM

I've been watching. Even without any live fans, the play off games have been pretty competitive and entertaining. I'm glad the Bruins are out.

I don't hate the Bruins, but I'm glad they're out, they got their cup in '11 & 2 more SCF's in '13 & '19. I'm mostly tired of Marchand & his antics. They're a well assembled team (as far as cap era teams go). Today I read that Z.Chara wants to come back as a Bruin for 1 more year at least. @$2.5 current cap hit, that's pretty good value, even if he's only a #4Dman now + tons of intangibles. UFA T.Krug is likely posturing, as are the B's with their $6.5M/yr offer, I don't know what term they offered, I'm venturing to guess a 5yr. Krug wants $ & term though. He's sheltered at 5on5, but still a great PP1 QB, but average in the Dzone, which will only get worse as the contract ages, as will his 5on5 production. They should spend Krug's $ on T.Hall or an elite winger, their forward core is lacking & the top line is aging, save for Pastrnak. DeBrusk is a solid young forward. They likely have 1 last true cup run in them, but too much will have to go right, so they won't win another with this core. Also, T.Rask is retiring unexpectedly...

I wanna see my #2 team the NYI win, if not my #3 TBL. My Red Wings are in the midst of a rebuild that could go either way as we lack a 2C, 1LD, 2LD & 1G.

Who are your favorite team(s)?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 07:41

KevinM
More Hot Rocks
KevinM

I don't hate the Bruins, but I'm glad they're out, they got their cup in '11 & 2 more SCF's in '13 & '19. I'm mostly tired of Marchand & his antics. They're a well assembled team (as far as cap era teams go). Today I read that Z.Chara wants to come back as a Bruin for 1 more year at least. @$2.5 current cap hit, that's pretty good value, even if he's only a #4Dman now + tons of intangibles. UFA T.Krug is likely posturing, as are the B's with their $6.5M/yr offer, I don't know what term they offered, I'm venturing to guess a 5yr. Krug wants $ & term though. He's sheltered at 5on5, but still a great PP1 QB, but average in the Dzone, which will only get worse as the contract ages, as will his 5on5 production. They should spend Krug's $ on T.Hall or an elite winger, their forward core is lacking & the top line is aging, save for Pastrnak. DeBrusk is a solid young forward. They likely have 1 last true cup run in them, but too much will have to go right, so they won't win another with this core. Also, T.Rask is retiring unexpectedly...

I wanna see my #2 team the NYI win, if not my #3 TBL. My Red Wings are in the midst of a rebuild that could go either way as we lack a 2C, 1LD, 2LD & 1G.

I'm a die hard Hawks fan even though I live near Vancouver. Canucks are actually doing very well, winning tonight to even the series with Vegas 3-3. They actually have a good chance at winning this series now, shows what hot goaltending will do for you.
A lot of teams will be in cap trouble next year because of Covid. Cap won't be going up now and many stars are going to be either restricted or unrestricted free agents and it'll be hard for teams to re-sign them. Hawks have been in cap trouble the past 10 years after they won the cup in 2010 and had to gut that team.

Date: September 4, 2020 08:11

DGA35
KevinM
More Hot Rocks
KevinM

I'm a die hard Hawks fan even though I live near Vancouver. Canucks are actually doing very well, winning tonight to even the series with Vegas 3-3. They actually have a good chance at winning this series now, shows what hot goaltending will do for you.
A lot of teams will be in cap trouble next year because of Covid. Cap won't be going up now and many stars are going to be either restricted or unrestricted free agents and it'll be hard for teams to re-sign them. Hawks have been in cap trouble the past 10 years after they won the cup in 2010 and had to gut that team.

NHL Capfriendly

Check these out if you haven't already (I've been on them since late '90s):

Hockey's Future (HF Boards) - Chicago Blackhawks

HF Boards - Trade Rumors & Free Agent Talk

HF Boards - Main

HF Boards - The History of Hockey

HF - NHL Talk

HF Boards - Stanley Cup Talk

HF- NHL Draft Prospects

HF - By The #'s

when you scroll down from the Main Page, you'll see they're broken down by conf., division, country, league(s) etc. Lots of great info & discussion.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 30, 2020 21:25

Probably no one noticed but the NHL finished the other day. Later than ever. Usually it ends in the summer. But this time late in the autumn. At least it finished though. Here in Sweden they decided to finish the season in March, before the playoffs. Which meant that season 2019/20 was a non season here. Apparently some team down in Florida won the trophy. Which is in order since hockey has its gravitation center down in the south now (it is 27 years since a Canadian team won). Tampa Bay Lightning. Congratulations.

Ps. I wonder when the new season will start though. November? Ds.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 21:49

Yes, congrats to the Lightning! Not sure what they do in regards to any parade? Glad to see Steve Stamkos come onto the ice to accept the Stanley Cup even though he wasn't playing due to injury.
New season probably won't start til January. They're still discussing what to do in regards to player safety. Can't play in a bubble for a full season.

Going to be an interesting off season for a lot of teams since the salary cap won't be rising at all due to covid and number of good unrestricted free agents. I know my Blackhawks are in salary cap troubles again so they'll probably lose a couple of good players who are free agents.
Locally, the Canucks are going to lose a couple players because of the salary cap and next year Elias Petterson and Quinn Hughes both become free agents so they're both on entry level contracts but will probably be looking for 10 million or so per year.

Date: December 20, 2020 02:58

Ocean Weissblatt (brother of SJ Sharks '20 NHL prospect Ozzy Weissblatt) gets arrested, almost tazed, harrassed, threatened, kicked/kneed repeatedly while he's on the ground in cuffs & face down...for "violating the Alberta health code" They're outside on a F**king hockey rink (pond)!

Un-Fu**ing Believeable. This is why (all) law enforcement unjustly & often get a bad rap. Because of the bad cops, like these 2 (both happen to be female, or "identify" as females)...they are Karen's. These are just kids & young adults, but the Karens were on a power/ego trip. The funny part was they could barely get him on the ground between the 2 of them & he was on skates. He should've skated away & had them chase him, get tired & dejected.

Just saw the video on FB.

Hockey player assaulted, nearly tased when arrested for COVID-19 violation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-20 02:59 by KevinM.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2020 03:43

KevinM
Ocean Weissblatt (brother of SJ Sharks '20 NHL prospect Ozzy Weissblatt) gets arrested, almost tazed, harrassed, threatened, kicked/kneed repeatedly while he's on the ground in cuffs & face down...for "violating the Alberta health code" They're outside on a F**king hockey rink (pond)!

Un-Fu**ing Believeable. This is why (all) law enforcement unjustly & often get a bad rap. Because of the bad cops, like these 2 (both happen to be female, or "identify" as females)...they are Karen's. These are just kids & young adults, but the Karens were on a power/ego trip. The funny part was they could barely get him on the ground between the 2 of them & he was on skates. He should've skated away & had them chase him, get tired & dejected.

He should've beat the crap out of them. That's bullshit. Power tripping over nothing.

Date: December 20, 2020 05:41

GasLightStreet
KevinM

He should've beat the crap out of them. That's bullshit. Power tripping over nothing.

He probably could have if we wanted to. All he was asking for is more specific info, which they withheld (or didn't know themselves).

Speaking of NHL hockey, the players union & NHL have agreed on a 56 game season starting Jan.13th. Divisions have been reshuffled as 1 Canadian division + 3 in the U.S., except that B.C. province isn't playing ball & all Canadian teams may have to play/live in the U.S. for the entire season + playoffs....of all places, Canada! Home of Hockey, doesn't want to let it's players play their national past-time. Yep, that's a 2020 curveball I didn't see happening.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 20, 2020 12:52

The times they are a-changin', Kevin. Nowadays the heart of hockey is in Florida and California.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home