Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Will the Stones ever die?
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 3, 2020 16:29

On doomsday - maybe ...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 3, 2020 17:27

Does prog rock revivalist Motorpsycho ever listen to Deep Purple`s "Space Truckin`"?

Posted by: z ()
Date: February 3, 2020 18:08

Hey hey my my...

Re: Will the legend of The Rolling Stones live on ?
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 19:25

dcba
georgie48

hologram Rolling Stones

I really truly hope Mick and the guys have put down on paper their will not to ever reincarnate in the form of holograms.
That would be so gross... eye rolling smiley

For us based on today, yes, I agree. But check out what Elvis fans do these days. Artists singing with Sinatra, etc.
TV is almost out of fashion among many teens these days. Tablets and mobiles rule their lives only some 25 years after the introduction of Internet. Imagine 2050 ... they only "talk" to fridges, vacuüm cleaners, etc. Holograms of the Rolling Stones (f.i.) will bring some excitement into their lives grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2020 23:48

Georgie I think you're right... but I hope you're wrong! grinning smiley

To me witnessing a "holotour" would be like being in a chapter of Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" : an evil force that brings people out of death but it gives us back our beloved departed in a horrible twisted semi-live new incarnation... brrr!

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: February 4, 2020 04:25

thanks for jinxing them....

Re: Will the legend of The Rolling Stones live on ?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 4, 2020 07:09

It's too early in the history of recorded music to predict accurately what will last. Historically, it was ALL about the composition, the song -- didn't matter who sang or performed it. The Beatles are probably the only pop act -- since they have been covered so often -- whose compositions may outlive them. Which records will last may be entirely a different story.

Whose body of work is most likely to be remembered, then? By the sheer numbers you'd say the Fab Four. But that's not been an accurate barometer before. What about a more 'cult' figure like David Bowie -- will future generations spawn Bowie acolytes who maintain the fervor of his vision? What about the songbook of The Grateful Dead? Those tunes are becoming Americana incarnated and one could imagine them being played a century from now in outdoor festivals before throngs of neo-Dead-Heads. Maybe someone in the future will decode a secret message in "Maggot Brain" or alien transmissions in the work of Roky Erickson's 13th Floor Elevators and they will instantly vault to the top of the heap.[/quote]

No. The evil that the Grateful Dead created will be interred with their bones. With so many great rock and roll artists from the latter 20th Century to choose from, people will just shake their heads and move on, wondering, "What the hell was that?"

Date: February 4, 2020 07:13

bv
They will live on forever, like the sun and the moon.

Indeed they will. Think of them as high ranking members of a movement, like the Impressionists. Their stature will grow with the passing years. They will be taught in schools.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 4, 2020 14:32

"Will the Stones ever die?" confused smiley

Hi CJFP: Why don't you just alter the thread title into something less misunderstandable that better reflects what you actually want to ask?

Something like "Will the Stones be remembered forever?" or the such.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 08:39

Hundreds of years from now people will still be eating cake and watching Columbo but they won’t be listening to Let It Bleed. No, wait a minute, that can't be right! Hundreds of years from now people will still be eating cake, watching silent movies, listening to Let It Bleed, driving Peugeots and playing Space Invaders. Nothing to fear, my child, nothing will change for ever and ever.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 08:51

Columbo is freaking awesome..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2020 09:15

Hundreds of years from now people will still be eating cake,

Let 'em eat chicken and let 'em eat steak
Let 'em eat shit, let 'em eat cake ……
...……........…. Gotta Get a Grip -- Mick Jagger

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 5, 2020 15:38

cowboytoast
thanks for jinxing them....

dude they thrive on that

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 5, 2020 21:12

is your question really: "will people ever lose interest in the Stones, and quit listening to their music or talking about them, and will their music ever stop being played?"

Date: February 5, 2020 22:53

duke richardson
is your question really: "will people ever lose interest in the Stones, and quit listening to their music or talking about them, and will their music ever stop being played?"

No, it won't. It's very simple, for the most part. Has a good vocalist. The repertoire is quite expansive, from blues to psychedelia to reggae.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home