Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Eddie Cochran: The Liberty years
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 1, 2020 17:20

Newly released on Liberty a collection of Eddie Cochran's recordings( 71 songs).
Lot of these recordings are known. There are few I didn't kown like Teenage Cuttie,
Cotton picker and I want Elvis for Christmas.

I am able to stream it on Napster.

[killnoalbatross.com]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Re: OT: Eddie Cochran: The Liberty years
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 1, 2020 18:03

I found that recording of Eddie; the title of the track says it all. From 1955 therefore a very young Cochran kind of channeling Hank Williams on that One.

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2020 18:38

Can certainly understand why Keith opened his 1993 tour with Somethin' Else - that is a killer tune. Can even hear Cochran's vocal influence on Keith.

Eddie
[www.youtube.com]

Keith
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: February 2, 2020 17:57

Saw this tour at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. Steel Wheels had that massive intro with pyro, this show started with a dark stage, and a visibly lit cigarette swaggering up from the back, then the lights came up and they kicked into Somethin' Else. It was epic as is the clip from the Boston '93 show above. Could he and should he do this song now with the Stones in his set?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 3, 2020 01:22

Liberty Custom Recorders - Hollywood 1959

ROCKMAN

Date: February 3, 2020 06:23

Jimmy C
Saw this tour at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. Steel Wheels had that massive intro with pyro, this show started with a dark stage, and a visibly lit cigarette swaggering up from the back, then the lights came up and they kicked into Somethin' Else. It was epic as is the clip from the Boston '93 show above. Could he and should he do this song now with the Stones in his set?

I would love it for the sake of it but no, leave it in 1993: the Stones aren't capable of playing it with any energy that Keith and the Winos did.

Date: February 3, 2020 06:24

Jimmy C

Oh yeah - I was at that show as well. It was awesome!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home