Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Missy Elliot and H.E.R. covering Paint It Black in 2020 Super Bowl commercial
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 27, 2020 05:50

https://adage.com/article/special-report-super-bowl/missy-elliott-and-her-redo-paint-it-black-super-bowl-commercial/2230691

MISSY ELLIOTT AND H.E.R. REDO ‘PAINT IT BLACK’ IN SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL
The ad plugs Pepsi Zero Sugar’s new matte black can

By E.J. Schultz. Published on January 24, 2020.

Pepsi is getting back to its pop music roots with its Super Bowl ad. The brand confirmed today that the spot will feature a version of the Rolling Stones classic “Paint it Black” performed by hip-hop legend Missy Elliot and up-and-coming artist H.E.R.

The soda brand—which on Tuesday announced that the two artists would star in the ad—released two teasers on Friday that show each performer and the opening notes to the song. The track was made especially for the commercial, and at this point is not expected to get a wider release. The teasers end with Pepsi’s new tagline, “That’s What I Like,” which was introduced earlier this month. The 30-second spot will plug Pepsi Zero Sugar’s new matte black can. Goodby Silverstein & Partners handled the ad.

The song was co-produced by Elliot and her long-time collaborator, Timbaland, and features guitar and vocals by H.E.R. and a verse from Missy, according to Pepsi. “Pepsi is doubling down on its commitment to music and artists, providing Missy Elliott and H.E.R. creative license to build a song and video concept true to their style for fans to enjoy,” the brand said in a statement.

Elliott complimented H.E.R.’s “energy in the studio,” in a statement provided by Pepsi, and said, “I am excited to have a fellow badass woman by my side throughout this collaboration.”

It’s not the first time a brand has used a cover of the Stones classic in an ad. Ford in 2018 deployed an orchestral version of the tune in an ad, as a reference to Model T lore and a quote attributed to Henry Ford: "You can have any color as long as it's black."

Pepsi, of course, has a long history of putting pop-music starts in ads, including Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Tina Turner, David Bowie, Britney Spears, Pink and Ray Charles.

Re: Missy Elliot and H.E.R. covering Paint It Black in 2020 Super Bowl commercial
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 27, 2020 06:19

Here it is

the date says 2/20/20 hmmmmm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 06:21 by More Hot Rocks.

Re: Missy Elliot and H.E.R. covering Paint It Black in 2020 Super Bowl commercial
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 27, 2020 06:54

More Hot Rocks
Here it is

That's the date for the product launch for this garbage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2020 07:07

TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
Here it is

Garbage it may be, but it would be a cool tie-in with a tour if Pepsi were to be sponsoring it. Doubtful, but would be better than the last financial sponsor.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 27, 2020 07:09

…. doubt this thread
will make it to a million views ….

ROCKMAN

Date: January 27, 2020 07:39

MisterDDDD
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
Here it is

Garbage it may be, but it would be a cool tie-in with a tour if Pepsi were to be sponsoring it. Doubtful, but would be better than the last financial sponsor.

What would be cool about that? The Stones are a just product like Pepsi at this point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 07:44 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 27, 2020 07:42

seems to me those commercials are more super than the bowl

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 27, 2020 16:07

both ladies are very talented musicians. pretty sure the music won't be garbage.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 27, 2020 16:44

Things go better with Coke.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:34

TornAndFried
What would be cool about that? The Stones are a just product like Pepsi at this point.

Ship sailed long ago.
Cool may not be the right word, but cooler than the last sponsor.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to splash on some Jovan and finish up my Budweiser before I go meet with my Alliance retirement planner.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:58

Well...granted the clips are only a tiny snippet, but I thought they sounded OK and looking forward to hearing entire clip out of pure curiosity.
Could be a sign of desperation on my part though - with the lack of any new Stones material, I find myself appreciating crappy cover versions of their classics...

Looking forward to the new tour announcement. thumbs up

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 20:54

Nothing could top the original ,but maybe young people who don’t know the Stones will check out the original after hearing this

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 27, 2020 21:39

Taylor, you're so right! Young people who have never heard real music, you know the great classic stuff, can catch a glimpse and maybe want to hear more. Coke always produce great ads, especially around the Super Bowl...can't wait to see more of these clips.

Date: January 27, 2020 21:46

mickschix
Taylor, you're so right! Young people who have never heard real music, you know the great classic stuff, can catch a glimpse and maybe want to hear more. Coke always produce great ads, especially around the Super Bowl...can't wait to see more of these clips.

Young people don't watch commercials. They skip over them.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: January 27, 2020 23:41

Excited to see this one. Won't be able to skip through live tv plus Superbowl commercials are always hyped as game break entertainment.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 29, 2020 14:01

promises to be an epic commercial with these 2.....nice

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: February 3, 2020 01:15

This might be the commercial:

https://youtu.be/ddADu4-A7Io

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 3, 2020 02:22

jahisnotdead
This might be the commercial:

https://youtu.be/ddADu4-A7Io

Pretty cool! Best thing about the superbowl is the commericials.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2020 02:47

Horrible.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 03:00

Hairball
Horrible.
My friend you are too kind.That was the lamest ,most horrible noise I have ever heard.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 3, 2020 03:46

That was crap

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 3, 2020 03:53

dmay
Things go better with Coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 03:55 by steffialicia.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2020 04:02

disappointing

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2020 04:03

Taylor1
Nothing could top the original ,but maybe young people who don’t know the Stones will check out the original after hearing this

Guess what the comments will be:

Did the Pepsi Super Bowl commercial bring you here?

Are you still listening to this in 2020?

eye rolling smiley

Date: February 3, 2020 04:19

Garbage product. Lame commercial.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 3, 2020 05:36

Donald Trump should fire the person in charge of that half time nonsense

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 3, 2020 05:42

Donald Trump's new election promise "Let's make Amercia Superbowl halftime great again"

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 3, 2020 09:07

Well, I really enjoyed the commercial (and lots of the other commercials, especially the Bill Murray Groundhog Day one), though I can't stand Pepsi. Halftime show slayed, too.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 3, 2020 18:18

Caught the half time show while channel surfing. Found myself going WTF is this? Lots of booty shaking and pyrotechnics, not much else, leaving me to quote Bob Seger when it was done: Just give me that old time rock'n'roll, today's music ain't got no soul.

Regarding the PIB Pepsi commercial, somebody somewhere looked at it and said "This is really cool." They was wrong.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 3, 2020 20:19

The version I saw was 20 seconds and did not show her playing guitar. Way too brief, and I wondered why they did not air the longer version. Oh, I get it...MONEY!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home