Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: The Grammy's 2020
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 27, 2020 02:45

Our bay area Metal band Death Angel got nominated for "Best Metal Performance" and lost to TOOL.
I just want to congratulate D.A. for coming back together, writing and touring again. And getting nominated!!!

Congrates to TOOL too!!! Even though I know you can't stand The Metal label!!!

What a joke!! But fun if you get one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 09:22 by bv.

Re: The Grammy's 2020
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 03:08

TOOL is an incredible band, and 7empest is brilliant.

Date: January 27, 2020 03:39

Pepsi commercial using the opening of PIB was cool.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 27, 2020 03:40

makemeburnthecandle
Pepsi commercial using the opening of PIB was cool.

Except that it's for a shit product like Pepsi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2020 04:48

Aerosmith = horrible.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: January 27, 2020 04:50

GRAMMYS = GARBAGE

Date: January 27, 2020 05:00

Serves as a great reminder how blessed we are to have the Stones still with us.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: January 27, 2020 06:26

SHELLEY LAZAR MENTIONED IN MEMORIAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 27, 2020 06:35

Shelley .... Beautiful lady …
Made her laugh everytime …. money in the shoe …..

ROCKMAN

Date: January 27, 2020 06:55

Hairball
Aerosmith = horrible.

Here is a review of the Aerosmith atrocities in The Washington Post

Aerosmith and Run-DMC

Steven Tyler, sporting a dead caterpillar on his upper lip (and, eventually a sideways baseball cap — really), sounded flat and almost hoarse as he launched into “Livin' on the Edge” for no apparent reason, given that a performance of “Walk This Way” had been touted the entire evening. Soon enough, though, Aerosmith transitioned into the rock-rap hybrid that took the world by storm in 1986.

After singing the first verse, Tyler stopped to say something was missing. Cue Run-DMC bursting through a small brick wall, just like in the famous music video. Let’s cut to the chase. It sounded awful. It sounded so bad, it was hard to tell whether there were technical malfunctions or not. All the sounds — the voices, the record scratches, the guitars, the drums — blended together into one droning monotone, like listening to a dial tone at top volume. It sounded like they were individually performing the song in different rooms at different times. We’d offer a more in-depth review, but we couldn’t actually differentiate any of the noises. The best moment of the performance was when Tyler yelled “let’s get out of here” because we knew this particular embarrassment was finally ending.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: January 27, 2020 07:24

DREAMTIME

DREAMTIME can you please stop formatting all your post in such a horrible way.
Thank you. - Everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 07:25 by rara.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 09:19

rara
DREAMTIME

DREAMTIME can you please stop formatting all your post in such a horrible way.
Thank you. - Everyone.

That is because he always has the most interesting things on his mind that EVERYONE has to read. Plus it is in memoriaM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 10:47 by Happy24.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 27, 2020 09:33

AS A GERMAN TRYING TO LEARN ENGLISH I FIND IT SHOULD BE CALLED 'GRAMMIES'

Re: OT: The Grammy's 2020
Date: January 27, 2020 09:40

AFTER AEROSMITH'S LAME PERFORMANCE IT SHOULD BE CALLED "THE GRANNIES"

Date: January 27, 2020 09:43

Perry's playing was on par with Keith's worst 2007-shows (Living On The Edge). Totally unpredictable, strumming away on wrong chords etc. After they did the stairs, they turned him down... Tyler was ok on Walk This Way, but I wonder why they chose Living On The Edge, as he never really did that one well in concert.

«Dead caterpillar»? Well, that's below the belt smiling smiley

Date: January 27, 2020 10:51

DandelionPowderman
Perry's playing was on par with Keith's worst 2007-shows (Living On The Edge). Totally unpredictable, strumming away on wrong chords etc. After they did the stairs, they turned him down... Tyler was ok on Walk This Way, but I wonder why they chose Living On The Edge, as he never really did that one well in concert.

Is it really that bad, Dandy? I watched it again and while it is surely not their best performance, I don't hear Joe strumming on wrong chords. But yeah, I don't have the best ear, so I might just as well be wrong. I think the biggest problem is the horrible sound mix. Anyway, I think Keith was able to play much much worse in 2007 smiling smiley

Date: January 27, 2020 11:17

Happy24
DandelionPowderman

Is it really that bad, Dandy? I watched it again and while it is surely not their best performance, I don't hear Joe strumming on wrong chords. But yeah, I don't have the best ear, so I might just as well be wrong. I think the biggest problem is the horrible sound mix. Anyway, I think Keith was able to play much much worse in 2007 smiling smiley

Listen while they're walking down the stairs (round 1:13) smiling smiley

It's not bad all the way through, though, but I'm not used to hearing Aerosmith like this. They never were a sloppy, swinging, rolling band like the Stones. They were more precise. More rock. Less roll, imo.

I think the sound got worse when they turned Joe down. When the lead guitar just vanished into the mix, the sound became a mess.

Date: January 27, 2020 12:35

Oh yea, you are right, when he walks down the stairs, it sounds off, I think it is probably because of Joe paying attantion to the stairs (I realized I also do that way more now than I did when I was younger, falling down the stairs is no fun - and I am waaay younger than Joe).

As for Joe's playing in general - I think there has always been a strong element, that might sound as sloppiness. What I mean is, that he uses strange notes in his solos, that sometimes sound unexpected or even off and the timing is sometimes also pretty strange. I have learned the Walk This Way and Eat the Rich solos, which I find absolutely great, but they don't have any strong melody as is usual with guitar solos, at least I found them quite difficult to learn because of that (more difficult than say Gilmour's Comfortably Numb, which has beautiful melody and sounds totally "logical"). I don't know if I make any sense, but I can't explain it better smiling smiley

I agree that Aerosmith and especially their guitar section usually sounds tight, but I think it is mainly thanks to Brad, who is sensational and totally underrated guitar player. He is there to keep it together, while Joe brings the wild dangerous element. That is how I have always seen them, that is what I like about them.

And as I already wrote, this particular Grammy performance has absolutely horrible sound, but for instance I find their Donington 2014 DVD (which I think is really great) also unusually mixed, and the guitars also sound kind of funny at places. Still a great document.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 14:49 by Happy24.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: January 27, 2020 13:05

swaff
Our bay area Metal band Death Angel got nominated for "Best Metal Performance" and lost to TOOL.
I just want to congratulate D.A. for coming back together, writing and touring again. And getting nominated!!!

I bought, back in 1987 or 1988, the first LP from Death Angel, called "The Ultra Violence".

More than 30 years ago...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:27

Happy24
DandelionPowderman

"Is it really that bad"? Hahaha No, it's worse than bad, it was painful.

Keith has always made mistakes, but that performance by Aerosmith was one big mistake. Truly horrific.....

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:48

Nikkei

Nope...Grammys, it is

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:57

itsallovernow
Nikkei

Nope...Grammys, it is
Yup. And unlike the thread title, no apostrophe winking smiley

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:42

MisterDDDD
itsallovernow
Nikkei

Nope...Grammys, it is
Yup. And unlike the thread title, no apostrophe winking smiley

Oops!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:50

GRANNIES

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:53

Stop screaming everyone, I have a hangover. Thank you.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:02

swaff

Good on Death Angel! I hope to see thrm in March with Testament and Exodus in Dublin, what an incredible bill.

Remember "Act III" from the late 80s; their most recent "Humanicide" good also.

Date: January 27, 2020 22:08

wasn't death angel produced or discovered by glam frontman davy vain from the band vain?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 22:24

IrelandCalling4
swaff

Good on Death Angel! I hope to see thrm in March with Testament and Exodus in Dublin, what an incredible bill.

Remember "Act III" from the late 80s; their most recent "Humanicide" good also.
I REALLY hope that tour comes to the U.S. I was so disappointed that it was in Europe only, but the metal scene has fallen off rapidly. The number of good tour packages in the U.S. has dwindled over the past few years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2020 00:44

Courtesy somewhere on facebook lol:

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 28, 2020 00:52

His ass probably looks better than half those Grammy Artists, too. Although I don't want to be the one to have to judge such things if it means looking at them.

Nikkei: don't feel bad, most native English speakers at least in America wouldn't know the difference anyhow. And they are proud of it.

jb

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home