Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Video of Pay, pack and follow John Phillips
Posted by: rollingandre ()
Date: January 25, 2020 13:12

Hi,

I wonder if the sessions for the album "Pay, pack and follow by John Phillips", were recorded on film. These recordings have taken in 1970, withMick and Keith as producer. Mick, Keith, Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor were additional musicians.

Does anyone have this recorsing sessions on film or video, DVD. ?
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance. Andre

Re: Video of Pay, pack and follow John Phillips
Date: January 25, 2020 13:33

Not in 1970. More like 1975/76. Never heard about any video, though.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 13:36

I don’t think they were.The album in my opinion is a dud anywayI was so disappointed when I first heard it.I was expecting songs with good melodies like from his Mamas and Papas songs and instead they are mostlypoorly crafted and bad,except for maybe Oh Virginia.These songs sound like Phillips wrote them in 5 minutes and recorded them.And theplayingis vapid except for Taylor’playing on Oh Virginia.

Date: January 25, 2020 16:34

I don't think the songs are shallow, or the album a dud. One does come at the album with high expectations. The tale of those tapes is a wild one, and they weren't written or conceived in 5 minutes at all. I actually like the songs quite a bit. Much prefer the early PP&F mixes over the Pussycat mixes.
It is funny you mention visuals or video, because that is IMO the one thing that turns me off from that album; and is a sore point for me. The pics we have from the sessions show them looking very haggard, and what I imagine to be pretty deep Addiction; not the glamorous parts either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home