Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Edd "Kookie" Byrnes
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 22, 2020 17:50

Boy, this name will bring back memories for some of us. I remember watching 77 Sunset Strip. Was it really that long ago? He recorded a huge novelty hit record back in the day, "Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb", which is something else. Pompadoured hair was a big thing for guys in the USA back then, but after the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan, the pompadour was to be no more popularity wise.

[www.nytimes.com]

Re: OT: RIP Edd "Kookie" Byrnes
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 23, 2020 01:58

Wow, I hadn't thought of him for years, and something reminded me of him just last week. I was a small kid, but I loved 77 Sunset Strip--it had such great intro music, "Seventy-seven Sunset Strip *snap* *snap*." (<--- finger snaps)

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 23, 2020 03:53

Aquamarine
Wow, I hadn't thought of him for years, and something reminded me of him just last week. I was a small kid, but I loved 77 Sunset Strip--it had such great intro music, "Seventy-seven Sunset Strip *snap* *snap*." (<--- finger snaps)

yup.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 23, 2020 16:29

steffialicia
Aquamarine

yup.

I thought that was "The Addams Family"

Duh duh duh duh snap snap ...... drinking smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:30

I used to watch 77 Sunset Strip all the time and thought Kookie was fantastic. Then, as a teen, my friends and I would often cruise along Sunset Blvd and we would go by Dino's Lodge, where the opening shots of the show were filmed. It was easily recognizable as the fictional "77 Sunset Strip".
Byrnes was also had a bit of a role in Grease.

RIP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home