Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Parachute Woman - Ever released officially Live?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 03:09

Wondering if this gem was ever released live? I have a pretty good boot from the 2002 tour and wanted to know if it's available on any of the recent DVDs, Blu or CDs. I think this version is from Orpheum Theater (also has a cool "Brand New Car" which I don't think was released officially ever live either?

Re: Parachute Woman - Ever released officially Live?
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 22, 2020 03:13

The only Official reléase was on Rock'n Roll Circus, cd, dvd, bluray...

Date: January 22, 2020 03:20

rogerriffin

Oh yes - thanks! This 2002 version is pretty cool though - hopefully they dig into those 2002 shows a bit more. "She Smiled Sweetly" also sounded pretty cool.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 22, 2020 10:27

I think those Licks club / theatre shows will see some sort of Vault release, hopefully like Stripped . We had bits of Wiltern 02 and Paris 03 on the excellent Four Flicks box , but that's all I believe .

sc uk

Date: January 22, 2020 11:15

rogerriffin

And on vinyl.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 22, 2020 11:21

straycatuk
I think those Licks club / theatre shows will see some sort of Vault release, hopefully like Stripped . We had bits of Wiltern 02 and Paris 03 on the excellent Four Flicks box , but that's all I believe .

sc uk

No, Cirkus Krone 2003 is available as Pro-Shot.

Date: January 22, 2020 11:26

straycatuk

sc uk

Paris 03 was the full show (in addition to the MSG arena show and the Twickenham stadium show).

Four Flicks is planned for re-release (according to the press release). Most likely with bonus tracks from other (club) shows.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 22, 2020 13:20

DandelionPowderman
straycatuk

sc uk

Paris 03 was the full show (in addition to the MSG arena show and the Twickenham stadium show).

Four Flicks is planned for re-release (according to the press release). Most likely with bonus tracks from other (club) shows.

Weren't a couple of songs missing from Paris? Rip This Joint, and IORR I believe?

Mathijs

Date: January 22, 2020 13:25

Does anyone think we'll have a shot at the 2002 Palais Gig getting released? I couldn't believe my ears when they played "Heart of Stone" and "Torn and Frayed"

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 13:45

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
straycatuk

sc uk

Weren't a couple of songs missing from Paris? Rip This Joint, and IORR I believe?

Mathijs

Also missing on Four Flicks : Tumbling Dice

Date: January 22, 2020 13:55

Ahh the good old days of the club show with rare setlist.

Born to late sad smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 22, 2020 14:20

Lynd8
Does anyone think we'll have a shot at the 2002 Palais Gig getting released? I couldn't believe my ears when they played "Heart of Stone" and "Torn and Frayed"

Thats such a @#$%& phenomenal setlist. So many firsts in awhile. First Sad Sad Sad, Hot Stuff, and Happy in 8 years, First If You Can't Rock Me and Stray Cat Blues since the mid 70s. First Torn and Frayed and Can't You Hear Me Knocking since the early 70s. Mixed in with first Hearts Of Stone since the 60s, I Can't Turn You Loose and a live debut of Don't Stop. Mixed with 5 warhorses. I'd kill for setlists of that calibre regularly. The Licks tour was so much fun for that reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-22 14:21 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 22, 2020 14:34

RollingFreak
Lynd8
Does anyone think we'll have a shot at the 2002 Palais Gig getting released?

Thats such a @#$%& phenomenal setlist.

Yeah but it was a poor beginning-of-a-tour performance..

Date: January 22, 2020 15:15

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
straycatuk

sc uk

Mathijs

Yep, you're right.

Date: January 22, 2020 15:18

RollingFreak
Lynd8

Thats such a @#$%& phenomenal setlist. So many firsts in awhile. First Sad Sad Sad, Hot Stuff, and Happy in 8 years, First If You Can't Rock Me and Stray Cat Blues since the mid 70s. First Torn and Frayed and Can't You Hear Me Knocking since the early 70s. Mixed in with first Hearts Of Stone since the 60s, I Can't Turn You Loose and a live debut of Don't Stop. Mixed with 5 warhorses. I'd kill for setlists of that calibre regularly. The Licks tour was so much fun for that reason.

A dream setlist indeed. However, many of the renditions of these songs were really bad. Hot Stuff is almost unrecognisable. Torn And Frayed has seen better days (it worked better in Chicago, though)...

But it was fun that they just went out there and did these songs. If they do it more often they will sound good, too winking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 22, 2020 18:29

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
straycatuk

sc uk

Mathijs

Yep, you're right.

Yes thanks for all the corrections . I don't think any 4 flicks shows were complete,but as the original post asked the 2002 version of Parachute Woman hasn't been officially released . Neither has Circus Krone . Always fun to return here !

sc uk

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 22, 2020 19:07

They could do some overdubs on the club shows and make an amazing release. There was some great stuff played, of course some with obvious mistakes. But still great in my opinion. I think the idea to attach it to 4 flicks would sweeten the deal.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 22, 2020 20:46

straycatuk
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
straycatuk

sc uk

Mathijs

Yep, you're right.

Yes thanks for all the corrections . I don't think any 4 flicks shows were complete,but as the original post asked the 2002 version of Parachute Woman hasn't been officially released . Neither has Circus Krone . Always fun to return here !

sc uk

Cirkus Krone only available as a boot of course.

Date: January 23, 2020 00:51

dcba
RollingFreak
Lynd8

I think you mean "On the stage, the band's got problems, they're a bag of nerves on first nights"!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2020 01:03

There was an original projected track list leaked for 'Live Licks' which consisted of something like 33 songs crammed into a double-CD set, and that included 'Parachute woman' from the Boston Orpheum show. With that number of songs, a lot of the tracks would obviously have been edited to fit onto two discs.

Eventually they released a 23-song 2-CD set clocking in at 109 minutes, and the song was one of the tracks that didnt make the final cut.

Presumably they didnt change any of the edits either, as they left in that atrocity of an edit on 'Rocks off'. Baffling decision as they either could have either added several more songs or restored the ones they chose to put out to their original length.

Clearly none of the band members listened to this album before they sanctioned its release a full year after 'Four Flicks' came out. Contract filler.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 01:05 by Gazza.

Date: January 23, 2020 02:59

Circus Krone is a strong possibility for release some day - there's the pro-shot video floating around....

Date: January 23, 2020 14:52

Think that's merely a reflection on the fact that someone 'leaked' it from an official source. They'd film pretty much every show anyway and that particular gig was one of the sources used for 'Four Flicks' (some footage from it and the Wiltern show appeared on the bonus disc)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 23, 2020 15:25

Gazza
There was an original projected track list leaked for 'Live Licks' which consisted of something like 33 songs crammed into a double-CD set, and that included 'Parachute woman' from the Boston Orpheum show. With that number of songs, a lot of the tracks would obviously have been edited to fit onto two discs.

Eventually they released a 23-song 2-CD set clocking in at 109 minutes, and the song was one of the tracks that didnt make the final cut.

Presumably they didnt change any of the edits either, as they left in that atrocity of an edit on 'Rocks off'. Baffling decision as they either could have either added several more songs or restored the ones they chose to put out to their original length.

Clearly none of the band members listened to this album before they sanctioned its release a full year after 'Four Flicks' came out. Contract filler.

Isn't it a bit strange that "contract filler" would have so much work done to it? 33 songs cut down for 2 discs, then 23 songs, when 12 would've sufficed.

Date: January 23, 2020 15:58

tracks were probably chosen by the same genius at EMI who, around the same time, put together the 'Rarities' release which included amongst others, material that was so 'rare' that it had been released as a single and featured on an album that had sold over 3 million copies. drinking smiley

Date: January 23, 2020 15:59

GasLightStreet
Gazza

Isn't it a bit strange that "contract filler" would have so much work done to it? 33 songs cut down for 2 discs, then 23 songs, when 12 would've sufficed.

The "work" was mainly done for the Four Flicks-release, wasn't it? Live Licks was superflous in a way, after that release. However, someone worked on the live album. The two open G-guitars on the first half of CYHMK (one of 2? songs on Live Licks that weren't taken from Four Flicks) is a proof of that, hehe. I wonder who played the guitar in the left channel? Certainly not Keith, Ronnie or Mick...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 22:53

Lynd8
dcba
RollingFreak
Lynd8

I think you mean "On the stage, the band's got problems, they're a bag of nerves on first nights"!

You're right but usually it's merely the first performance. And ... it's a good thing, because it means they take the "job" serious!
In the mid 60s alcohol at times took care of the nerves, but not nowadays. So yes, at times their nervousness is visible winking smiley

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 23, 2020 23:05

DandelionPowderman

The "work" was mainly done for the Four Flicks-release, wasn't it? Live Licks was superflous in a way, after that release. However, someone worked on the live album. The two open G-guitars on the first half of CYHMK (one of 2? songs on Live Licks that weren't taken from Four Flicks) is a proof of that, hehe. I wonder who played the guitar in the left channel? Certainly not Keith, Ronnie or Mick...

Listening to the left channel as I type. Why do you suppose it isn't Ronnie?

Date: January 23, 2020 23:55

SomeGuy
DandelionPowderman

Because it's an open G-guitar, playing a rhythm guitar far from Ronnie's style and what he used to play.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 24, 2020 00:47

DandelionPowderman
SomeGuy
DandelionPowderman

Because it's an open G-guitar, playing a rhythm guitar far from Ronnie's style and what he used to play.

I think I've read in interviews that Ronnie uses open tunings as well. From this version I can only say that he sounds a bit like Keith but I don't find that very strange, it's what he does. He plays so little on the song that I can't hear how it would be obvious that it couldn't be him, to be honest. Plus, this song hasn't been played a lot (by him) anyway, and we know that they play songs a bit differently from time to time, even on the same tour. I'm not saying that it IS him for sure but I don't see why we should doubt it, at most I'm inclined to say that if it ISN'T him, then they probably mixed Keith's playing in, but then why would they? More likely, though, if we MUST assume that there's something fishy about this version, then it would be that Ronnie overdubbed his part later on. But really, I think it is just what he played at the show, if only because there is nothing special about it.

Date: January 24, 2020 00:54

<I think I've read in interviews that Ronnie uses open tunings as well>

Only for slide playing with the Stones.

On CYHMK he plays an extended solo in standard tuning.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home