Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Should the Stones work with these producers
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2020 13:41

TheGreek
Why not Nile Rodgers ? Craft a nice funky sound ?

Like he did on SHE'S THE BOSS...

Date: January 23, 2020 14:05

I think Andrew is the best suggestion so far. What a reunion it could have been. Full circle. The perfect ending (if indeed it's the last time, that is...).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2020 14:58

Meise
schwonek
Rick Rubin

That'd be the best choice IMO. Down the earth, stripped, focused on the songs. Mick knows how to work with him.

Actually, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Rubin is on record as saying Mick is so surrounded by yes-men that he couldn't handle Rubin telling him that he could come up with better ideas.

Imagine that scenario at a Rolling Stones session. A few blades might be shown. Rubin would have no intention of working with Jagger again

More Hot Rocks
No one would know who the producer was if it wasn't listed on the albums credits.

If Don Was was listed and it really was Rick Rubin people would bitch about it just because they thought it was Was.

If I said that Moon Is Up was produced by Rubin people would think yeah I like the production on that song.

You cant tell if Time Waits For No One was produced by The Glimmer Twins or Jimmy Miller unless you were told.

This. These armchair 'dream producer/artist' match-ups are a bit of fun but nonsense in reality. And pretty redundant if the songs aren't there to begin with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 15:01 by Gazza.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 25, 2020 18:35

No overdubs please

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 25, 2020 21:17

crholmstrom
Paddy
Steve Albini.

i like this!!!!!! smileys with beer

Albino would get a great drum sound and guitar sound. Not sure how the vocals might come out though!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home