Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 27, 2020 23:09

I watched last night's Grammy performance. They have MUCH bigger problems than an ailing drummer. I felt like I witnessed the end of a Band's career. What a train wreck. Made the Stones look positively polished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 23:13 by Bungo.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: January 29, 2020 11:35

Joe Perry was out of tune during both songs,maybe is he began to be dumb ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 29, 2020 13:37

I just watched the Grammy Performance with Aerosmith and yes it had a few rough spots featuring the Toxic Twins (Steven & Joe ) , but I think there demise is greatly exaggerated . Overall it was an okay performance and I would spend the cash for some nice ducats @ there MGM Grand shows in Vegas without batting an eyelash . People have mentioned that they are done and I just didn't get that sentiment or feeling .

Date: January 29, 2020 15:01

TheGreek
I just watched the Grammy Performance with Aerosmith and yes it had a few rough spots featuring the Toxic Twins (Steven & Joe ) , but I think there demise is greatly exaggerated . Overall it was an okay performance and I would spend the cash for some nice ducats @ there MGM Grand shows in Vegas without batting an eyelash . People have mentioned that they are done and I just didn't get that sentiment or feeling .

if you fo watch any show from vegas last year they sound much better than on the grammy's even on parts where its just steven tyler and a piano

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 29, 2020 16:03

Bungo
I watched last night's Grammy performance. They have MUCH bigger problems than an ailing drummer. I felt like I witnessed the end of a Band's career. What a train wreck. Made the Stones look positively polished.

HA HA! You DID watch the end of an ailing band's career! That shit show was brilliantly awful, even worse than DLR in Vegas, and people are cool with blowing their money on that crap!!!

Date: January 29, 2020 16:45

GasLightStreet
Bungo

HA HA! You DID watch the end of an ailing band's career! That shit show was brilliantly awful, even worse than DLR in Vegas, and people are cool with blowing their money on that crap!!!

go watch an actual vegas show from last year. they are usually much betterand no clue what was up with the grammy performance

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 29, 2020 17:15

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
Bungo

go watch an actual vegas show from last year. they are usually much better and no clue what was up with the grammy performance

Unfortunately that train wreck was seen by millions of music fans including thousands of people who were considering buying tickets for upcoming Aerosmith performances. Those people HAVE to be re-considering buying any tickets. Maybe Joey should sue them for loss of millions of dollars of future income due to flagging future ticket sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-29 17:17 by Bungo.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 29, 2020 18:01

keefriffhard4life
TheGreek

if you fo watch any show from vegas last year they sound much better than on the grammy's even on parts where its just steven tyler and a piano

Thank you, guys! I thought I was the only one here who thinks that it was not the single worst performance of all times given by the single worst band of all times. I am happy to find out there are another two people :-) Looks like people love to hate Aerosmith. I will try to tease the haters: What about U2? Or more specifically - what about Bono? Anything nice to say? This works like magic on this forum :-)
Anyway, I have tickets for two Aerosmith shows this summer and I can't wait. I am sure they will be great as ever, the last time I saw them at Waldbühne in Berlin, they were spectacular. Though I don't think much about Joey's drumming, I really hope he will re-join them by then.

Date: January 29, 2020 18:11

Happy24
keefriffhard4life
TheGreek

Thank you, guys! I thought I was the only one here who thinks that it was not the single worst performance of all times given by the single worst band of all times. I am happy to find out there are another two people :-) Looks like people love to hate Aerosmith. I will try to tease the haters: What about U2? Or more specifically - what about Bono? Anything nice to say? This works like magic on this forum :-)
Anyway, I have tickets for two Aerosmith shows this summer and I can't wait. I am sure they will be great as ever, the last time I saw them at Waldbühne in Berlin, they were spectacular. Though I don't think much about Joey's drumming, I really hope he will re-join them by then.

oh it was not a good performance. was just saying usually they sound better than that and at a level worth buying a ticket

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 29, 2020 19:41

At least Bono has his heart (seemingly) in the right place. More than I can say for any of those Aerosmith guys.

And anyone who names a live album Rattle and Hum can't be all bad.

jb

Date: January 29, 2020 21:33

keefriffhard4life
TheGreek

I believe that 100% . I think it's not the easiest thing to do ,everybody from time to time has a bad game/night/etc. Joe is the one that appears the most fragile/frail to me . A lot of miles on there motor and time will tell how much of a decline there are on .

Date: January 29, 2020 21:49

Bottom line for me , is that it's to small of a sample size to make any declarations on there fitness or playing . Heck in the bad days , they had clunkers as well .

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 29, 2020 22:32

TheGreek
Bottom line for me , is that it's to small of a sample size to make any declarations on there fitness or playing . Heck in the bad days , they had clunkers as well .

Spot on.
Do you remeber the discussions here back in 2012(?) after the Mick in the White house video where Mick was short of breath? And then just a little bit later that horrible video of Keith playing that totally out of tune guitar? Can't remember what occasion that was, but I remember vividly how it seemed that the Stones were totally done. Now, let's look at all those great 8 years that have followed (so far).
As for Aerosmith - yes, Joe looks very fragile, but he's been like that for quite a lot of years now. It's been a couple of years since he collapsed on stage with Hollywood Vampires. That didn't look good at all. I saw him twice since then - once with Aerosmith and once with Vampires and he totally delivered.
Of course, it is impossible to tell when will time and their life style take its toll, but to make harsh conclusion based on one bad night (just a couple of minutes really) is totally inappropriate.

Date: January 30, 2020 13:37

Happy24
TheGreek

Spot on.
Do you remeber the discussions here back in 2012(?) after the Mick in the White house video where Mick was short of breath? And then just a little bit later that horrible video of Keith playing that totally out of tune guitar? Can't remember what occasion that was, but I remember vividly how it seemed that the Stones were totally done. Now, let's look at all those great 8 years that have followed (so far).
As for Aerosmith - yes, Joe looks very fragile, but he's been like that for quite a lot of years now. It's been a couple of years since he collapsed on stage with Hollywood Vampires. That didn't look good at all. I saw him twice since then - once with Aerosmith and once with Vampires and he totally delivered.
Of course, it is impossible to tell when will time and their life style take its toll, but to make harsh conclusion based on one bad night (just a couple of minutes really) is totally inappropriate.
Absolutely , rash judgments are premature . If one is invested enough in there time and wants to judge by an entire evenings performance of a Aerosmith show on there current run ,then have at it and it will make for a more accurate judgment on there abilities and fitness in delivering there classic material in there set list . Don't even get me going on what I personally felt was the train wreck part of Walk This Way with Run DMC ,to me it seemed that the momentum that had slowly begun was derailed as soon as the 1986 MTV style crap began it threw the momentum and essence and vibe that took a bit of warming up to get to that junction ,then completely threw the locomotive off the track . As consummate pros that Aerosmith are they carried on with it and brought it home .

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 30, 2020 13:57

Happy24
Spot on.

The difference is our hysteria over Mick and Keith in early 2012 was based on fear our heroes couldn't cut it any more whereas the glee that greets Aerosmith or The Black Crowes sounds like contempt for what is perceived as the competition. As for this casual Aerosmith fan, I thought the Grammy appearance went about as I would expect all things considered. Not an electrifying moment by any means, but also not the trainwreck that it's being portrayed as here.

Date: January 30, 2020 15:15

Rocky Dijon
Happy24
Spot on.

The difference is our hysteria over Mick and Keith in early 2012 was based on fear our heroes couldn't cut it any more whereas the glee that greets Aerosmith or The Black Crowes sounds like contempt for what is perceived as the competition. As for this casual Aerosmith fan, I thought the Grammy appearance went about as I would expect all things considered. Not an electrifying moment by any means, but also not the trainwreck that it's being portrayed as here.

plus the fact RUN DMC was off makes me think there was some sound issues on in ear monitor issues

Date: January 30, 2020 19:39

keefriffhard4life
Rocky Dijon
Happy24
Spot on.

plus the fact RUN DMC was off makes me think there was some sound issues on in ear monitor issues
Without a doubt , makes me wonder if they were even sound checked prior to the start of the evening .

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 22:01

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:42

What I want to know is, did Perry and Tyler have to re-audition every time they left for various reasons/ailments over all these years.

Get rid of the drummer and divide all profits by 4 instead of 5...same story different band.

All I can say is watch out Hamilton and Whitford, profits split in half between 2 is much better (see Black Crowes)!

"Hey man, we got grandkids to look out for now...yeeeooow yaggiggigga geeeooowwwww!"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 01:03 by shadooby.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 8, 2020 00:54

Date: February 8, 2020 02:50

shadooby
What I want to know is, did Perry and Tyler have to re-audition every time they left for various reasons/ailments over all these years.

Get rid of the drummer and divide all profits by 4 instead of 5...same story different band.

All I can say is watch out Hamilton and Whitford, profits split in half between 2 is much better (see Black Crowes)!

"Hey man, we got grandkids to look out for now...yeeeooow yaggiggigga geeeooowwwww!"

kramer is part of the bands share so he gets paid no matter what. i like when people who have no clue how contracts work make a post. there is a contract signed as to who is part of aerosmith incorporated

also when did tyler ever leave the band or miss a show? unless i'm mistaken they never played a show without tyler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 02:51 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 8, 2020 06:53

I would love to see the Joey Kramer vs. Aerosmith case brought before Judge Judy. I can imagine her destroying everyone involved. At least we would get to hear all the dirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-08 07:08 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: February 8, 2020 07:17

keefriffhard4life
{SNIP} ... also when did tyler ever leave the band or miss a show? unless i'm mistaken they never played a show without tyler

Maybe when Steven fell off the stage at the biker city/convention gig?

And I remember reading reports that Tyler auditioned to be Robert Plant's replacement after the 2007 Zeppelin reunion. Page, Jones and Jason Bonham were not impressed, in part because Steven didn't know the lyrics for any of the songs, including Whole Lotta Love.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 8, 2020 23:55

It's February now, and Kammer is expected to rejoin the boys soon.

Date: February 9, 2020 02:01

5stringTele
keefriffhard4life
{SNIP} ... also when did tyler ever leave the band or miss a show? unless i'm mistaken they never played a show without tyler

Maybe when Steven fell off the stage at the biker city/convention gig?

And I remember reading reports that Tyler auditioned to be Robert Plant's replacement after the 2007 Zeppelin reunion. Page, Jones and Jason Bonham were not impressed, in part because Steven didn't know the lyrics for any of the songs, including Whole Lotta Love.

they didn't play any shows without tyler period. doesn't matter he fell or tried out for another band.

Date: February 9, 2020 03:10

keefriffhard4life
i like when people who have no clue how contracts work make a post.

C'mon, keefriffhard4life, you know very well there are countless variations on contracts and not every band is the same. Since the mid-1980s until they became inactive a decade later, The Kinks were contractually Ray and Dave Davies only. Jim Rodford, Bob Henrit, Ian Gibbons, or Mark Haley (between Ian's two stints) were not contractual members and had no contractual say. None of us know precisely how any band's contracts work unless we've seen them. We know from Bill Wyman that the Nanker Phelge percentages varied by song. For all we know Mick and Keith do the same. Keith refers to his half, but that doesn't mean Mick has always been willing to give him 50% of all songwriting. He may, he may not. We wouldn't know. Contractual matters are closely guarded unless a lawsuit renders them public knowledge. Beyond that, all of us post about things we have no clue about some of the time. It's called speculation.

Date: February 9, 2020 03:11

shadooby

"...yeeeooow yaggiggigga geeeooowwwww!"

I always wondered how Mr. Tyler spelled that. Thanks.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 9, 2020 04:02

thank you Rocky Dijon.

That drummer may or may not be part of any "corporation" if there even is such a corporation (surely there would be).

However the purported fact that he was having to pay a drummer replacement, does seem to imply he is obligated by a contract somehow, and that obligation would probably be reciprocal.

Still, I doubt any of us know anyones true financial situation. A lot of it is smoke and mirrors.

jb

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 04:13

keefriffhard4life
shadooby

kramer is part of the bands share so he gets paid no matter what. i like when people who have no clue how contracts work make a post. there is a contract signed as to who is part of aerosmith incorporated

also when did tyler ever leave the band or miss a show? unless i'm mistaken they never played a show without tyler

So what happened when Joe Perry quit the band in 1980 and then Brad Whitford quit the following year? I don't think they would be part of any band shares back then or would replacement guitarists Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay be just salaried employees back then?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 9, 2020 04:20

DGA35
keefriffhard4life
shadooby

So what happened when Joe Perry quit the band in 1980 and then Brad Whitford quit the following year? I don't think they would be part of any band shares back then or would replacement guitarists Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay be just salaried employees back then?

Yes. I'm sure they were just salaried employees....like Chuck and Darryl are

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home