Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT: Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith
Date: January 21, 2020 21:28

He had to audition to prove he was fit enough to play, but was turned down by his bandmates. Now he has to pay his replacement (his drum tech) $10.000 a week for rehearsals and $20.000 a week for shows, out of his own pocket.

Pretty wild...

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-21 21:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: OT: Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 21:38

Just read about this! What a twisted and bizarre story.

I don't like Joey Kramer much, but this is wrong. Sounds like they just want his cut of the pie.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: January 21, 2020 21:50

Shocking if true. He has been there all the way through (like Ian Paice in Deep Purple). He came up with the Aerosmith name. Why are there still so many bands out there who consider there drummers to be dispensible. AC/DC were never the same without Phil Rudd. The truth will out...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 21, 2020 21:58

Updates from TMZ, the story's source > [www.tmz.com]

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 21, 2020 22:02

And then there's Charlie.
"Hey Charlie, you're not cutting the mustard. You're not welcome back." Says no one ever!!! Hello?!!! Greatest rock BAND ever!!!

Ohhh, the stories of me and Aerosmith...

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 21, 2020 22:11

DandelionPowderman
He had to audition to prove he was fit enough to play, but was turned down by his bandmates. Now he has to pay his replacement (his drum tech) $10.000 a week for rehearsals and $20.000 a week for shows, out of his own pocket.

Pretty wild...

This is absolutely cruel. Imagine if this is the new way of operating a band. I never cared for Aerosmith. Always a bad vibe from them and now I know I was right.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 21, 2020 23:35

They really should let him be there and play, and if he "lacks energy", they can also have the his drum tech who sat in for him be there and play along with him.
What a joke........

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 21, 2020 23:47

WoW ! I wonder what the response will be from their fans for this travesty. He couldn't Possibly be That bad. What ever happened to loyalty or even a little respect?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-21 23:49 by Bungo.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 21, 2020 23:47

swaff
And then there's Charlie.
"Hey Charlie, you're not cutting the mustard. You're not welcome back." Says no one ever!!! Hello?!!! Greatest rock BAND ever!!!

Ohhh, the stories of me and Aerosmith...

"Charlie's good tonight, ain't he"
Mick Jagger.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2020 23:51

Aerosmith should get Animal from the Muppets …
Shit load of energy and he dresses in same style …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 22, 2020 00:33

If a drummer can play with one arm...Joey coulda worked out some way.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 22, 2020 02:10

I heard Rush may be looking for a drummer. Can Joey Kramer play in 7/4?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-22 02:13 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 22, 2020 03:05

WOW.....

TornAndFried

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 22, 2020 03:07

I read they invited him to be there to accept the awards... Just won't be drummin

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 22, 2020 03:46

bye bye johnny

Be careful on that website. Ten minutes in and my AdBlock had blocked nearly 200 ads.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 22, 2020 04:52

umakmehrd
WOW.....

TornAndFried

I'd say that certainly is too soon.

Date: January 22, 2020 05:49

bye bye johnny

And yet another update - 3:38 PM PT:

We just obtained a statement from Aerosmith, saying, "We would be doing a disservice to Joey, to ourselves and to our fans to have him play without adequate time to prepare and rehearse.
Compounding this, he chose to file a lawsuit on the Friday night of the holiday weekend preceding the Grammys with total disregard for what is our limited window to prepare to perform these important events."

The statement continues, "Given his decisions he is unfortunately unable to perform but of course we have invited him to be with us for both the Grammys and our MusiCares honor.
We are bonded together by much more than our time on stage."

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 06:59

Who's the drum tech? I know Aerosmith has been doing the Vegas residency, has Joey not played at all during this time?
I remember when I saw Aerosmith around 2010ish in Vancouver, Tom Hamilton was unable to play so they had a replacement fill in, not sure who it was. I believe that tour had Joan Jett opening.

Date: January 22, 2020 07:14

DGA35
Who's the drum tech? I know Aerosmith has been doing the Vegas residency, has Joey not played at all during this time?
I remember when I saw Aerosmith around 2010ish in Vancouver, Tom Hamilton was unable to play so they had a replacement fill in, not sure who it was. I believe that tour had Joan Jett opening.

From link in first post of thread:

"TMZ reports that it all stems from a shoulder injury Kramer suffered last April -- described at the time as "minor" --
which caused him to miss the last few dates of the first half of Aerosmith's Deuces Are Wild Las Vegas residency.
His place in the band for those shows was taken by his drum tech, John Douglas"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 22, 2020 13:43

I am stunned and dumb founded at the disrespectful treatment of Joey Kramer . I guess they don't call them the Toxic Twins for nothing ? This is a travesty and I hope this is resolved amicable for Joey Kramer to resume his rightful place along side his band mates post haste !

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 22, 2020 14:27

DandelionPowderman

Pretty wild...

If his ex-bandmates think he's unfit to play, then they need to pay for a replacement. Seriously, are they still on drugs??

Date: January 22, 2020 15:09

Father Ted
DandelionPowderman

Pretty wild...

If his ex-bandmates think he's unfit to play, then they need to pay for a replacement. Seriously, are they still on drugs??

I believe joey still gets paid even if he doesn't play which is why they said he needs to pay his drum tech who is filling

Date: January 22, 2020 15:10

DGA35

I think they did 10-15 shows last year without joey and as far as I know he still gets his salary

Date: January 22, 2020 15:15

keefriffhard4life
Father Ted
DandelionPowderman

Pretty wild...

I believe joey still gets paid even if he doesn't play which is why they said he needs to pay his drum tech who is filling

Yeah, that must be it.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 22, 2020 15:17

DandelionPowderman

Pretty wild...

Damn! Maybe I need to be a drum tech and forget about medical school......

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: January 22, 2020 15:28

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
Father Ted
DandelionPowderman

Pretty wild...

Yeah, that must be it.

and from reports i've seen if he is still getting paid he still is making money even after paying his drum tech based on what i saw the band members were getting paid per las vegas show

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 22, 2020 15:35

Agreed. They should have been loyal to their friend and just put up with bad reviews and fans trashing them all over the internet like David Lee Roth just received.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 22, 2020 16:13

Rocky Dijon
Agreed. They should have been loyal to their friend and just put up with bad reviews and fans trashing them all over the internet like David Lee Roth just received.

Agreed.

Date: January 22, 2020 16:16

Rocky Dijon

The diplomatic solution could have been to put up a «Ollie Brown-kit» for Joey, so he could drum along with a (discret placed) drum tech.

But I suspect there is more underneath this, than Joey merely «lacking some energy» in his playing...

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 22, 2020 16:44

Elmo Lewis
DandelionPowderman

Pretty wild...

Damn! Maybe I need to be a drum tech and forget about medical school......

Elmo your in luck, Joey's drum tech John Douglas is now looking for his own drum tech since he cannot do both. And who knows, if John f**ks up, you may be their next drummer...smoking smiley

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home