Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Ozzy has Parkinson's
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: January 21, 2020 20:09

Hang in there, mate. I was diagnosed over two years ago, and you just adapt.

[www.bbc.com]

Re: OT - Ozzy has Parkinson's
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 20:39

I saw that. It's been evident that he's had issues since the NINETIES. He claimed he just had a tremor that his mother also had, but something didn't seem right.

Very sad. I hope he retires finally.

Robin Roberts interview with Ozzy

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 21, 2020 20:46

I am sorry for the sentiment but not for the remark. That dude has had something majorly wrong from the beginning or at least from the time he got famous on TV.

I do wish him well though, Parkinsons is nothing to joke about really. I've had a couple of friends who had it and it was nothing fun to watch, that's for sure.

So, sorry to hear that, hope you get well Oz-Man. Although getting well is not really in the cards. There but for the grace of God go I.

jb

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 21:54

So sorry to hear this.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 21, 2020 22:27

jbwelda
So, sorry to hear that, hope you get well Oz-Man.

Well unfortunately there is no cure, so he won’t get better.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 22, 2020 01:33

Hope its manageable enough for him for as long as possible. The Osbournes painted Ozzy as a fool. I watched clips but never full episodes, prefer to keep him as the Ozzy I knew from the 80s and 90s.

He’s musically better than people think. He’s pretty good with melodies, has written more words for Sabbath than you might think. The alternate takes on a song like Paranoid show what he did with Sabbath. Bunch of Nonsense words but with a melody and fitting the lines in to the song a rhythmic manner. Punchy and on the bar. First time up to the mike he would do this. Not on the same level as the other 3 guys musically but a few levels up from where he is looked on I think.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2020 01:45

Life's cruel ...
hang in there Ozzy ...

Take Care won't ya

ROCKMAN

Date: January 22, 2020 02:07

So he retires from touring. He can still write songs if he wants to stay in the music biz.

The reason Ozzy was so foolish on the reality show is because, self admittedly, he was drunk during all of the shooting. I don't know if alcoholism caused the disease or not. Any Dr,'s in the house?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 22, 2020 02:08

Poor Ozzy, but he had a good life. Hopefully the end won't be too painful. I give him 3-5 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-03 04:53 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 22, 2020 02:28

BitchKeepsBitchin
So he retires from touring. He can still write songs if he wants to stay in the music biz.

The reason Ozzy was so foolish on the reality show is because, self admittedly, he was drunk during all of the shooting. I don't know if alcoholism caused the disease or not. Any Dr,'s in the house?

he was also on some prescribed medications

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 22, 2020 08:23

Hang in there Ozzy, It's a terrible issue to have. I'm thinking of you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 22, 2020 08:47

Sad.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 22, 2020 13:44

I wish Ozzy all the best health and well wishes to him !

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 22, 2020 14:06

All the best Ozzy...

My dad died last year because of @#$%& Parkinson...

Date: February 18, 2020 15:32

Looks like Ozzy had to cancel his make-up dates for this year. Shame...I think he really should just pack it in. He has nothing left to prove.

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 18, 2020 17:35

European shows are still on

Get well Ozzy

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 18, 2020 18:09

Definitely doesn't seem good. Like Eric Clapton, its amazing he's still alive now. Hope nothing is seriously wrong but if there was, I wouldn't at all be surprised. At this point, time is catching up withe everyone, and its amazing they've gotten by this well. Thank God they did.

Posted by: panthercougar ()
Date: February 18, 2020 18:55

I last saw Ozzy live 10+ years ago and he was already a shell of his former self. Ozzy has nothing left to prove. Don't kill yourself trying to get back out there, kick back and enjoy whatever you may have left.

Or he could be like Lemmy and tour until the very end.

Date: February 18, 2020 19:16

panthercougar
I last saw Ozzy live 10+ years ago and he was already a shell of his former self. Ozzy has nothing left to prove. Don't kill yourself trying to get back out there, kick back and enjoy whatever you may have left.

Watching Lemmy tour during his final year was horrible. It was obvious he was extremely sick.

The whole notion of "dying onstage" has a foolish romanticism about it, but no fan wants to see their musical heroes wither away like that.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 18, 2020 19:50

Well, he must be feeling okay. He's scheduled to do a signing at the Hollywood Amoeba at 5 p.m. this Friday.

Date: February 18, 2020 19:56

Javadave
Well, he must be feeling okay. He's scheduled to do a signing at the Hollywood Amoeba at 5 p.m. this Friday.
I suppose, but that's a far cry from doing a full-blown tour of North America.

Posted by: panthercougar ()
Date: February 18, 2020 19:58

keefriff99
panthercougar

Watching Lemmy tour during his final year was horrible. It was obvious he was extremely sick.

The whole notion of "dying onstage" has a foolish romanticism about it, but no fan wants to see their musical heroes wither away like that.

To be clear I didn't mean to celebrate what Lemmy did. Seeing Lemmy up there like that was heartbreaking. I don't want to see Ozzy the same way.

Date: February 18, 2020 20:10

panthercougar
keefriff99
panthercougar

To be clear I didn't mean to celebrate what Lemmy did. Seeing Lemmy up there like that was heartbreaking. I don't want to see Ozzy the same way.
No, I figured as much, but there are a lot of people who celebrate the notion of rocking until the very end.

Well, we saw what it looked like with Lemmy, and it was really anything but cool. Of course, I didn't expect anything less of Lemmy even though I wish he hadn't done it.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 19, 2020 08:03

keefriff99
panthercougar

That happened to someone I knew. Country Dick Montana of the Beat Farmers. He had beaten cancer & was back in the saddle. Was playing at Whistler ski resort in BC to a room full of rescue workers. Massive heart attack onstage, nothing could be done. I was privileged to hang out with him on his last New Year's Eve, got to know him a little & we hit it off. Awesome guy & he is missed.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 19, 2020 08:04

TornAndFried
Poor Ozzy, but he had a good life. Hopefully the end won't be too painful. I give him 3 years.

What an asinine post.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 15:04

TornAndFried
Poor Ozzy, but he had a good life. Hopefully the end won't be too painful. I give him 3 years.

As someone with Parkinsons I find this post very offensive and uncaring!!!!!!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 19, 2020 15:24

Stonesfan62
TornAndFried

As someone with Parkinsons I find this post very offensive and uncaring!!!!!!

Yes, truly and completely insensitive.

Date: February 19, 2020 15:24

crholmstrom
keefriff99
panthercougar

That happened to someone I knew. Country Dick Montana of the Beat Farmers. He had beaten cancer & was back in the saddle. Was playing at Whistler ski resort in BC to a room full of rescue workers. Massive heart attack onstage, nothing could be done. I was privileged to hang out with him on his last New Year's Eve, got to know him a little & we hit it off. Awesome guy & he is missed.
Well I guess you can't plan for something sudden like that, but Lemmy had undiagnosed brain cancer and continued to tour even though it was obvious to anyone who looked at him that he was critically ill. He somehow managed to complete his final tour and was dead two weeks later.

I guess, on the one hand, you can look at it as, "Wow, what a badass, he was a road dog 'til the bitter end!" but when you actually see it in reality, it's not so romantic.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: February 20, 2020 00:53

I have tickets to his last show of the european tour (Helsinki)

Heres to hoping that Ozzy will recove.

I very much enjoy his new songs from the new album

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 20, 2020 15:33

Did anyone attend the signing at Amoeba Records in LA this week?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-20 15:35 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home