Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones lecture
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 28, 2020 19:20

SirCorto

Is there any video where (Mick?) in the sixties says that they don't know for how long they will be playing?

Dunno if it's that what you're looking for: [www.YouTube.com] .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 28, 2020 19:33

SirCorto
Is there any video where (Mick?) in the sixties says that they don't know for how long the will be playing? Barely remember something but couldn't find it

EDIT: Irix beat me to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 19:37 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 28, 2020 21:29

How about incorporating the different genres and types of music the Stones have covered ? Like Far Away Eyes, Like Emotional Rescue and Miss You , Like Lies , blues numbers from the Brian Jones era like Time is on our Side .Stuff like that , how the Stones have never pigeonholed themselves into one corner or shade of color . Another example the rap song from B2B -Anybody seen My Baby ?

Posted by: SirCorto ()
Date: July 11, 2020 23:19

SirCorto
Once a month a group of friends (couples mostly) get together and one of us presents a topic to the group. Most of the topics are scientific ones (part of the group are scientists). I'm not a scientist and thought about a topic I'd like to talk about - The Stones.
I'm starting to make a PP with links to pictures and short video parts.
I will name the lecture "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name", will start with "Sympathy" and then I will have about 45 minutes to 1 hour to present the Stones. For me the final statement will be that the stones are today part of an establishment that they themselves helped to change.
Any ideas? Had someone done something similar?

I presented it in February, before COVID19 confined all of us. It took me sometime to upload it, but here it is. It targeted people that even if they know some tunes, still don't link between the tongue logo and the Stones. Anyway, they enjoyed (or just were polite) and asked me to repeat the presentation to the younger generation (some of their children are friends with my 15 years old daughter) [mega.nz]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2020 19:29

duke richardson
GasLightStreet
Not sure if this is relevant but, aside from their recording rise with The Big 4 one of the most important aspects of their career started with forming their own record label with distribution from Atlantic and, in one sense, achieving a status to where they could release their own greatest hits compilation MADE IN THE SHADE released at the beginning of a 2 year world tour that fired them into another atmosphere with their biggest selling studio LP SOME GIRLS, their longest number one album EMOTIONAL RESCUE and its conclusion with a well respected TATTOO YOU, their participating in the dawn of MTV (which really took off with UNDERCOVER) and another 2 year tour that helped change the concert industry and even resulted in a movie.

The entire era is profound in Stones history, in itself a revolution of the band post-ABKCO Records, with band members being a big part of why (opposed to lawyers) and finding a way to survive and thrive and be a part of the change of the industry in regard to hype/promotion and the respect that they created (which they were able to take advantage of in a multitude of ways starting with the STEEL WHEELS tour and ongoing to this day and into the future).

I guess. I mean, it sounds good. It's probably a history that will fade because it's not as big as The Beatles and Elvis blah blah blah but they really did change the face of the concert industry.

Not as big as Beatles and Elvis ? can’t see that. I think the Stones’ impact is far and wide just like them Beatles and EP, with the added benefit that The Rolling Stones actually love playing live, obviously !

Well, it's true, really.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home