Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood's brand-building
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 17, 2020 17:24

we've sure seen a lot of effort by Ronnie Wood to sell stuff.. nothing wrong with it..
seems like he is really eager to do books, 'pop up' events, and that really questionable big print..

restless and kind of slap-dash, a lot of it.. but he knows having his name promoted is important to keep relevant in the marketplace..i guess..

Re: Ronnie Wood's brand-building
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 17, 2020 17:53

Ronnie loves to make money.

Nate

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:12

Maybe he doesn't love to make money, he needs a lot to make money!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:16

I just think keeping busy physically and mentally is a big component to his sobriety. I think it's a great thing.

Date: January 17, 2020 18:45

rogerriffin
Maybe he doesn't love to make money, he needs a lot to make money!

Both, methinks.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:59

keefriff99
I just think keeping busy physically and mentally is a big component to his sobriety. I think it's a great thing.

He has a pretty sized family that he needs to leave his legacy (Earnings) to?

Correct if wrong-

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 17, 2020 19:04

Chris Fountain
keefriff99

He has a pretty sized family that he needs to leave his legacy (Earnings) to?

Correct if wrong-
Sure, but even as a hired gun for a portion of his Stones tenure, I think he has more than enough to set them up for life by any normal measure.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 17, 2020 19:11

We are not talking about normal measures, these are people who live very expensive lives.

One thing the upper classes have in common: Too much is never enough.

He figures if people are willing to give him good money for painted rehearsal setlists and paint by numbers quality reproductions of great artworks, why not? And who can blame him?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 18, 2020 01:29

keefriff99

I agree with you. Ronnie likes to be busy,a little bit like Bill Wyman and Mick Jagger. On the other hand, Keith and Charlie are happy when they don't have to do anything.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 18, 2020 02:27

Although it is difficult to believe it, until the end of the 90s Ronnie had a somewhat difficult relationship with money. He always threw a lot of money because of some of his "friendships" and alcohol and drug abuse. In his book, there is even an anecdote related to the period of the BTB tour, where he is forced to ask Mick Jagger for a loan.
He has never been very careful about money ...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 18, 2020 16:07

In his book "Ronnie" he talks quite candidly about what he and Jo got up to. Drugs and booze, "Woodys" nightclub in Miami and other bad business decisions etc. And I think Mick lent 1 million prior to the Licks tour just to see him through. His son Jamie seems to have helped to set him straight a lot.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 19, 2020 21:36

keefriff99

I was gonna say the same thing. Drinking wastes a lot of time. He probably gets bored quick these days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home