Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Does Aerosmith have better lawyers than the Stones?
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 17, 2020 02:59

Seriously it seems the Stones have been fighting this for years.

[www.cnn.com]

Re: Does Aerosmith have better lawyers than the Stones?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 17, 2020 04:00

No one thinks the Stones are Trump supporters. At the end of the day, there are far bigger things to worry about than whether a politician plays your song at a rally.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2020 04:06

Rocky Dijon
No one thinks the Stones are Trump supporters. At the end of the day, there are far bigger things to worry about than whether a politician plays your song at a rally.

And keep in mind the Stones are still British. They are less invested in American politics than an American band like Aerosmith.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 17, 2020 07:39

interesting. drummer joey kramer is a vocal supporter of trump/gop & it has caused some tension in the band in the past. think there is a similar dynamic in journey, also.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2020 09:29

crholmstrom
interesting. drummer joey kramer is a vocal supporter of trump/gop & it has caused some tension in the band in the past. think there is a similar dynamic in journey, also.

Joey Kramer has always been somewhat of a douche. Now he's just an old loudmouth in a sellout nostalgia act.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-17 09:41 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 17, 2020 09:52

Rocky Dijon

thumbs up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 17, 2020 14:42

I think I read somewhere that Joe Perry said he was an "old school republican" but is skeptical about their then current affairs. I think this may have been even before Trump.

Date: January 17, 2020 16:25

Not much of an Aerosmith fan, but whenever any of these people in the States call themselves Republicans, it's like Mick sometimes identifying with the Conservative Party. They're fiscal conservatives, not social ones.

And no, I'm not saying people aren't allowed to be conservative, but these are rock stars. These are people who believe in their right to a life of excess and abandon being in your face. They are not moral conservatives, they just want to protect their wealth and think this is their best path.

Does this make them shallow and self-absorbed? Sure, it's the same way they think of groupies.

Are there exceptions? Yes, Ted Nugent really does believe in his flag-waving right to use high-powered rifles and hand grenades in his unending war against deer and squirrels. A fair amount of idiocy is expected in any sizable segment of society.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: January 17, 2020 16:35

Rocky Dijon
These are people who believe in their right to a life of excess and abandon being in your face. They are not moral conservatives, they just want to protect their wealth and think this is their best path.

not unlike the guy playing their songs at his rallies ...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 17, 2020 16:38

Uh oh, I see an imminent thread closing...

Date: January 17, 2020 16:47

Quick! Discuss Atlantic City 1989. Bring us back into safety!

Date: January 17, 2020 16:56

The best part about this is......five years from now there will still be threads that will have Donald Trump as part of the conversation!!!

SHADDDDOOOOOBBBIEEEEEEEEE

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 17, 2020 17:22

Rocky Dijon

Axl & Izzy!

Salt of the Earth!

What a show!

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 17, 2020 17:58

crholmstrom

Paula White, a fundamentalist megachurch personality and Trump advisor, is married to Journey’s Jonathan Cain.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:03

...Megachurch personality Joel Osteen is said to be in discussions to tour with Kanye West, who opened for the Stones during the ABB tour...just keeping it rolling down the Stones path!!! drinking smiley

Date: January 17, 2020 18:06

VoodooLounge13
...Megachurch personality Joel Osteen is said to be in discussions to tour with Kanye West, who opened for the Stones during the ABB tour...just keeping it rolling down the Stones path!!! drinking smiley

Amazing. Osteen and Kanye were made for each other.

Date: January 17, 2020 18:12

MelBelli
VoodooLounge13

You mean two greedy, narcissistic, borderline-sociopathic charlatans?

Yep, pretty well made for each other.

Date: January 17, 2020 18:14

Danger, Will Robinson!

Date: January 17, 2020 18:17

Rocky Dijon
Danger, Will Robinson!
Hey, neither are even politicians!

They're just private citizens who happen to be complete douchebags...and one's a musician! This is a perfectly reasonable IORR topic.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:19

Osteen and Kanye...there's a song for them from back in the day and all the other religious snake oil salespeople - Paul Kelly's "Stealing In the Name Of The Lord". I can hear the Stones doing a cover of this leading into either Just Wanna See His Face or Shine A Light.

Paul Kelly

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 17, 2020 18:24

keefriff99
MelBelli
VoodooLounge13

You mean two greedy, narcissistic, borderline-sociopathic charlatans?

Yep, pretty well made for each other.

Yes, this.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:28

This a hard question to answer:

1. who are the lawyers?
2. What are their accomplishments (Educations, awards, etc..)
3. What cases have they won/lost?
4. Can they fail a urine test? (Requirement of a good lawyer)

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:47

LieB
I think I read somewhere that Joe Perry said he was an "old school republican" but is skeptical about their then current affairs. I think this may have been even before Trump.

Three members of Journey went to the White House and had their pictures taken with The Donald, which caused a rift with original member Neal Schon.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 17, 2020 19:16

The Stones have good lawyers.

Trump paid the normal licensing fees in order to use YCAGWYW and the other songs he uses, as per normal procedure.

That is why artists can complain, and make it seem like they object, but can't do anything.

Date: January 17, 2020 19:20

Rokyfan
The Stones have good lawyers.

Trump paid the normal licensing fees in order to use YCAGWYW and the other songs he uses, as per normal procedure.

That is why artists can complain, and make it seem like they object, but can't do anything.
Yep, pretty much.

I have no idea how Aerosmith appeared to be successful in their pursuit while other artists haven't.

Date: January 17, 2020 20:05

two things to add.

1 believe perry and tyler are friendly with trump so its a lot easier to get him to stand down

2 ted nugent says some of the things he does on purpose to get a reaction. go look on his facebook they other day he stuck up for his friend George lopez and his facebook was filled with hate about ted is a sellout , blah , blah , blah and he pretty told the people acting like that to go get lost if you feel he shouldn't be friends with good honest people

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-17 20:06 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 18, 2020 00:56

Whoa, politics and religion in one thread. Where’s the popcorn?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 18, 2020 06:12

Rocky Dijon
You do know that the promoter of those shows was Donald Trump?

I was at the first and third shows, not the PPV.

I have a lot of papers, including the NY Daily News with the story from that week about the helicopter crash that killed Trump's VP, and how Trump was supposed to be on the flight but changed his plans at the last minute.

I also remember how Keith was pissed at Trump for trying to horn in on the Stones' press event. There was maybe talk of a knife on the table, or else I imagined that.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 18, 2020 07:08

Rokyfan
Rocky Dijon

I have a lot of papers, including the NY Daily News with the story from that week about the helicopter crash that killed Trump's VP, and how Trump was supposed to be on the flight but changed his plans at the last minute.

I also remember how Keith was pissed at Trump for trying to horn in on the Stones' press event. There was maybe talk of a knife on the table, or else I imagined that.

legend has it that keith showed him the blade

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 18, 2020 14:13

crholmstrom
Rokyfan
Rocky Dijon

legend has it that keith showed him the blade

Let's not drift away. A better story is that Keith pulled a knife when the Trump issue was discussed with Michael Cohn and told him something like ... are you going to tell the man or am I ...
Well, apparently Cohl did tell Trump ...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home