Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Copyright blocking of Stones Youtube videos coming?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: January 16, 2020 20:02

I've had dozens of self shot Stones videos posted on my Youtube channel for years from various concerts I've attended. I've had many copyright claims but every time, they just want to monetize the video and allow it to continue to be shown on Youtube.

Today for the first time I received a copyright claim for a video I've had posted for nearly 5 years. This time they are blocking the video from being played anymore on Youtube.

What has changed? Is this the new normal? Are we going to lose access to the thousands of Stones and other artist's self shot concert videos? This would be a damn shame and a loss to all of us.

[imgur.com]

Re: Copyright blocking of Stones Youtube videos coming?
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 20:12

every so often videos get blocked for copyright, whether it be music videos, concerts, tv or films.

its nothing new, they cant monitor everything all the time, so videos can then reappear at a later date.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 16, 2020 20:19

I believe They can’t appear at a later time, when my ones came down, I attempted to upload them with different names, but the did not get to go live- I just got a notice about the copyright status

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 20:30

Did you get a message from Eagle Rock?

I have a lot of self shot vids on there as well. At some point Eagle Rock annouced they would take down the Hide Park vids as they had plans to bring out the DVD.

I hope this is a similar case. Would be a shame if they take it all down.

Date: January 16, 2020 21:29

Promoman2
Did you get a message from Eagle Rock?

I have a lot of self shot vids on there as well. At some point Eagle Rock annouced they would take down the Hide Park vids as they had plans to bring out the DVD.

I hope this is a similar case. Would be a shame if they take it all down.

Yes. Click on the link in my OP. For some reason I can no longer embed images in the post. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 16, 2020 22:25

jazzbass

For some reason I can no longer embed images in the post.

Because the link to the picture isn't correct - it must end with the file extension (e.g. *.jpg or *.png):

[imgur.com] - [i.imgur.com]

In case of doubt do right-click/tap in Imgur on the uploaded picture, copy the link to the picture and insert it here on IORR.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 23:15 by Irix.

Date: January 21, 2020 14:01

Irix
jazzbass

Because the link to the picture isn't correct - it must end with the file extension (e.g. *.jpg or *.png):

In case of doubt do right-click/tap in Imgur on the uploaded picture, copy the link to the picture and insert it here on IORR.

Great! Thank you.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 22, 2020 23:47

They have removed 106 of my videos now, it’s getting to the point where it’s not worth the effort to convert to mp4 and upload

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 23, 2020 01:02

the Stones have signed up with nugs.net for video streaming. so, anything official you're going to have pay for a membership. doesn't explain home made videos. my source is an email i got from nugs.

THE ROLLING STONES
We are excited to announce that concert videos from some of The Rolling Stones' most iconic performances are now available to all nugs.net subscribers. Watch and listen with the nugs.net app for AppleTV, iOS, and Android. Additional releases from The Stones’ From The Vault Series will come out each Tuesday through the end of January.

Not a subscriber? Start your 30-day free trial of nugs.net to unlock access to audio and video from The Rolling Stones and other legendary artists.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: January 23, 2020 02:33

Hopefully it means they will start streaming shows in real time on nugs... Doubt it though.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 08:59

jazzbass
Irix
jazzbass

Great! Thank you.

This very much looks like a potential official release. It has happened before, although I don't remember which show it once was when there was a copyright claim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 09:45 by falo01.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home