Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How do you store your Stones tickets?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:01

Framed?
In a box?
In an album?
Throw away?

Photos? grinning smiley

Re: How do you store your Stones tickets?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:06

Use it to roll a spliff

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:20

TooTough

Framed?
In a box?
In an album?
Throw away?

Photos? grinning smiley

Like photos: storing in a box because "too lazy" for framing or an album .... winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:21

I made a giant collage back in '97 of all my ticket stubs I collected since '77 - apprx. 4 x 3 ft - 20 years worth.
Now 23 years later, I have enough stockpiled to make at least three more the same size - maybe even one of them dedicated solely to the Stones!
One of these days.................

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:25

I keep them, along with all of my ticket stubs, in a three-ring binder in plastic sports cards pages.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:25

Hairball
I made a giant collage back in '97 of all my ticket stubs I collected since '77 - apprx. 4 x 3 ft - 20 years worth.
Now 23 years later, I have enough stockpiled to make at least three more the same size - maybe even one of them dedicated solely to the Stones!
One of these days.................
I'm in pretty much the same situation. The frame is full and the dresser drawer is filling up too.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:26

I used to put them in this plastic folder/sleeve thingy, later on I put them inside the cd boxes of the relevant albums at hand, and yet later on I forgot what to do with them. Sometimes you don't even get the ticket back, or there simply is no album to store them with, mainly in case of this little band from England, that's been around for some time...

Date: January 15, 2020 19:36

Digitally AND in a box.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:40

I have an uncle who holds onto them for the time being

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:58

For other bands, 8n a giant zip lock bag. For the Stones in a frame with the poster from that tour.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 15, 2020 20:22

Koen
Use it to roll a spliff

Surely you mean for a roach?

All my concert tickets are sitting in a bag.... I’m missing a stub from wembley 99 and that’s it. I’ve kept almost all my tickets from gigs bar 6-8 tickets.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 15, 2020 20:57

I keep them in a binder.

The 2007 tour tix were so pretty. (Oh gawd...I’m a geek.) The print-at-home tix just suck,

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 22:48

SomeTorontoGirl
I keep them in a binder.

The 2007 tour tix were so pretty. (Oh gawd...I’m a geek.) The print-at-home tix just suck,

I purposely pay the extra few bucks just to continue to have a hard copy ticket!!

Date: January 15, 2020 22:51

I keep my tickets for the Stones in the same place that I do all my other ones: in the CD booklet of the album on which I saw the band tour. Now, in the case of ABB, since I saw so many shows on that tour, each page of the booklet contains a different stub, and if memory serves (my CD collection hasn't been unpacked since my most recent move in April), I even have some stored in the deluxe edition of ABB as well. The ticket for Twickenham II was too big for the CD case, though, and it was a beautiful thing really. That one I keep in the hard-bound tour book so as to not have it damaged.

If it so happens that a band is touring without a new album, then the ticket goes in the CD booklet of that band's most recent release, be it a greatest hits album, or a studio album.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 16, 2020 05:57

I have usually stuck them inside a record album or single that was current in the time. And there they remain.

jb

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 16, 2020 05:58

I keep all my tickets in photo albums with the accompanying photos from that show. It is the best way to keep everything organized...I TRY!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 16, 2020 06:04

I Keep all my concert ticket stubs in a large plastic box, alligator clipped by year, in chronological order within each year.

And for the record: Home printout tickets suck. I try to get old school tickets where I can, even if so getting costs a few bucks in service fees.

Don't leave me alone at the chicken farm.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 08:09

VoodooLounge13
SomeTorontoGirl
I keep them in a binder.

I purposely pay the extra few bucks just to continue to have a hard copy ticket!!

First concert I went to that was mobile ticket only was Iron Maiden last September. The ticket was sent to my cell phone just the day before the show. No option to get a hard copy ticket or even print at home! Went to Canucks vs Blackhawks game a couple weeks ago and same thing, mobile only.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 16, 2020 10:40

Not in the refrigerator. Long story.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 16, 2020 10:48

..along with some
memories in an old shoe box …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 16, 2020 12:05

In a Grateful Dead Wall Pocket as below.

Go store it in a cool dry place!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 16, 2020 12:27

Photo album with concert pictures, setlists, guitar picks (sometimes), parking passes, anything related to the concert that can fit on the pages.

Date: January 16, 2020 17:45

DGA35
VoodooLounge13
SomeTorontoGirl
I keep them in a binder.

First concert I went to that was mobile ticket only was Iron Maiden last September. The ticket was sent to my cell phone just the day before the show. No option to get a hard copy ticket or even print at home! Went to Canucks vs Blackhawks game a couple weeks ago and same thing, mobile only.

If I recall, I believe Ed Sheeran was the same way. Really stunk!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 17:50

I laminated my ticket stubs for a long time, which didn't help much with the ink fading, and eventually stopped after it became too much of a hassle. I have them all in a box.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 16, 2020 18:01

In a big plastic bag. I must have about 3000 going back to 1972.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2020 18:09

I put them in a sealed sandwich bag, in a glass of water, then freeze it in the freezer. That way, they won't yellow with age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 18:10 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: January 16, 2020 18:48

Framed and Matted with the poster/Litho. Between the Stones and Dead n Co Posters, i'm running out of wall space drinking smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 16, 2020 18:56

treaclefingers
I put them in a sealed sandwich bag, in a glass of water, then freeze it in the freezer. That way, they won't yellow with age.

And they keep your drinks cool on a hot day!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 16, 2020 20:50

Some people collect stamps, some people collect playing cards, yea well I collect concert tickets hard copy concert tickets and the promo posters I refuse to go to a concert that only issues printed out A4 paper tickets and paperless tickets the U2 concert in Auckland last year had paperless GA tickets which was the area I wanted but all the other areas were hard copy so I went for a cheaper seat just so I could get the hard copy ticket to put in my concert ticket album

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2020 21:46

ChrisL
treaclefingers

And they keep your drinks cool on a hot day!

...and that's why the ink has now run on the tickets!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home