Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: David Lee Roth kicks off Las Vegas residency
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 15, 2020 21:51

Cooltoplady
DGA35
A guy posted last nights full show on Youtube. This was more like a regular concert, no long speeches between songs. I didn't watch the full 90 minutes, skimmed through. Seems like he's singing in a lower key now, still not great but better than the first night.

All the tunes are in their original key

Maybe played in original key, not sure about singing.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 22:01

Elmo Lewis
Cooltoplady
DGA35
A guy posted last nights full show on Youtube. This was more like a regular concert, no long speeches between songs. I didn't watch the full 90 minutes, skimmed through. Seems like he's singing in a lower key now, still not great but better than the first night.

All the tunes are in their original key

Maybe played in original key, not sure about singing.
I don't think the concept of "original key" applies when it comes to Cubic Zirconia Dave's yowling.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: January 15, 2020 22:16

Prices for these shows are as follows: $80 for show entrance. $300 to exit before the end.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 15, 2020 23:52

Worthy of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction given Whitney Houston is in.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 05:25

daspyknows

VH is already in the R'n'R Hall of Fame. DLR/Eddie and Alex didn't bother attending, only Mike and Sammy showed up. This was in 2007 before their reunion with DLR and Wolf replacing Mike.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 16, 2020 07:15

DGA35
daspyknows

VH is already in the R'n'R Hall of Fame. DLR/Eddie and Alex didn't bother attending, only Mike and Sammy showed up. This was in 2007 before their reunion with DLR and Wolf replacing Mike.

This was more in reference to the R&R HOF thread when compared to Whitney Houston and Notorious B.I.G. I am well aware VH is in.

Date: January 16, 2020 08:02

daspyknows
DGA35
daspyknows

This was more in reference to the R&R HOF thread when compared to Whitney Houston and Notorious B.I.G. I am well aware VH is in.

Ahh gotcha! I think they should change the name to just music hall of fame because most of these bands/artists aren't rock.

Date: February 2, 2020 23:19

Last night KISS kicked off this current leg of their farewell tour in Manchester New Hampshire with DLR as the opener. Saw the concert on Youtube, he played 8 songs, 7 VH and Just Like Paradise as the only solo song. Approximately 40 minute set. His voice sounded better than the opening night in Vegas last month. Singing the songs in a lower key, which he should have all along.
A number of positive reviews of his singing, although still many who still aren't impressed. 40 minutes is probably ideal for him since the KISS tour has a number of back to back nights. Hopefully his vocals will last.
I have to think that the background vocals are live with prerecorded help. They sound too good. Lots of people have been saying KISS is lip synching.
Hopefully Eddie's health improves and we can get one last VH album but at this point I would settle for some unreleased material/concert vids from the late 70s/early 80s.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 3, 2020 00:05

DGA35
Last night KISS kicked off this current leg of their farewell tour in Manchester New Hampshire with DLR as the opener. Saw the concert on Youtube, he played 8 songs, 7 VH and Just Like Paradise as the only solo song. Approximately 40 minute set. His voice sounded better than the opening night in Vegas last month. Singing the songs in a lower key, which he should have all along.
A number of positive reviews of his singing, although still many who still aren't impressed. 40 minutes is probably ideal for him since the KISS tour has a number of back to back nights. Hopefully his vocals will last.
I have to think that the background vocals are live with prerecorded help. They sound too good. Lots of people have been saying KISS is lip synching.
Hopefully Eddie's health improves and we can get one last VH album but at this point I would settle for some unreleased material/concert vids from the late 70s/early 80s.

He is not doing these songs in a lower key. They are all the original recorded keys He might be singing in a lower register but the keys are the same

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 00:07 by Cooltoplady.

Date: February 3, 2020 01:17

Still not great, but definitely better last night opening for KISS:

Panama

Unchained

Date: February 3, 2020 02:07

Cooltoplady
DGA35

He is not doing these songs in a lower key. They are all the original recorded keys He might be singing in a lower register but the keys are the same

OK, perhaps the wrong word, but still sounding better than when he tries to sing too high!

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: February 3, 2020 02:29

keefriff99
I'm just posting these clips to remind my fellow Stones fans how lucky we are to have Mick Jagger in our lives:

You Really Got Me (live)

Unchained (live)

Dance The Night Away (live)

Was that a joke? It looked like a blonde Liberace.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 3, 2020 03:07

misterfrias
keefriff99
I'm just posting these clips to remind my fellow Stones fans how lucky we are to have Mick Jagger in our lives:

You Really Got Me (live)

Unchained (live)

Dance The Night Away (live)

Was that a joke? It looked like a blonde Liberace.

Wait, did DLR finally come out of the closet?

Date: February 5, 2020 07:38

Saw some Youtube clips from tonights show in Allentown. Singing sounds really good, relatively speaking. Tobacco Road sounds very close to the studio version! Background vocals sound too good to be live, though.

Date: February 5, 2020 16:30

DGA35
Saw some Youtube clips from tonights show in Allentown. Singing sounds really good, relatively speaking. Tobacco Road sounds very close to the studio version! Background vocals sound too good to be live, though.
They're definitely piping in Michael Anthony's original backing vocals from master tracks, but then, Van Halen did the same thing when Eddie and Wolfgang were "singing" backup on their reunion tours last decade.

That just shows how invaluable Mikey was to Van Halen's sound. His backing vocals were incomparable.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home