Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Where’s the vinyls for VL, B2B and ABB?
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: January 8, 2020 10:00

Why in earth won’t The Stones re-release VL, B2B and ABB on vinyl? Not even as a RSD sepecials. Wouldn’t wanna buy the vinyl box set just to get those ones, since the others are easily available everwhere. The used ones cost ridiculously much and none of the money goes to the band’s pockets. Re-release the vinyls and everybody wins. Except the ebay sellers.

Re: Where’s the vinyls for VL, B2B and ABB?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 8, 2020 10:30

It might have made sense after the Boxed Set had been out for a while to make the Abbey Road mastered albums available separately.

Date: January 8, 2020 10:45

padre69
Why in earth won’t The Stones re-release VL, B2B and ABB on vinyl? Not even as a RSD sepecials. Wouldn’t wanna buy the vinyl box set just to get those ones, since the others are easily available everwhere. The used ones cost ridiculously much and none of the money goes to the band’s pockets. Re-release the vinyls and everybody wins. Except the ebay sellers.

For now, we'll have to buy from Discogs and other places and pay up (Between $40-80 at the moment)...

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 8, 2020 11:12

I have seen the separate albums from the new box on sale (at one record store in Manchester and one in London), so you can get those remastered versions without the whole box, I think. At least the guy in Manchester told me they were available separately.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 8, 2020 12:29

That's interesting.

I'd recommend anybody to buy the Abbey Road ABB .
It's a big improvement on the original.

And the others are all pretty good when compared to most previous digital age reissues.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 8, 2020 12:35

There must be someone selling them "out of the box"

Date: January 8, 2020 12:43

Nikkei
There must be someone selling them "out of the box"

That's what I thought when I saw them in Manchester, but I asked the guy and he said it wasn't that (in his case, anyway). Who knows, he may have been misleading me, or just doing whatever he wants. But I did ask if they were now officially available separately. That was in November.

Date: January 8, 2020 12:48

And relatedly/unrelatedly, Round Again record store in Providence has a sealed original ABB for sale. I think it's 70 bucks. (Or at least he had it two weeks ago when I went).
I almost bought it, but I don't need another one.

Date: January 8, 2020 14:59

”On sale” for 70 bucks. That’s just what I meant. Release the f*ckers for 35€’s apiece and take the money, guys. And play some time while we’re waiting the new album.

Date: January 8, 2020 15:03

padre69
”On sale” for 70 bucks. That’s just what I meant. Release the f*ckers for 35€’s apiece and take the money, guys. And play some time while we’re waiting the new album.

I don't disagree at all. But for RSD, I would prefer records of stuff that has not seen official vinyl releases, like the outtakes from Exile and Some Girls boxes, the three full shows from Totally Stripped, and EP maybe with the four new songs from Forty Licks, Ladies and Gentlemen, Leeds Lungs, Roundhouse, etc.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 8, 2020 15:26

Spud
That's interesting.

And the others are all pretty good when compared to most previous digital age reissues.

Never heard of this. Is it available anywhere? I enjoy my Abbey Road master of Exile. Thanks

Rod

Date: January 8, 2020 15:31

bitusa2012
Spud
That's interesting.

Never heard of this. Is it available anywhere? I enjoy my Abbey Road master of Exile. Thanks

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 8, 2020 15:59

DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012
Spud
That's interesting.

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Embarrassing. I HAVE this box set. Unplayed. Was not aware this was an Abbey Road master of ABB!

Rod

Date: January 8, 2020 16:00

grinning smiley

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 8, 2020 18:07

The plural of vinyl is "vinyl", not "vinyls". Anyone who isn't a Millenial nanker knows this. Do you call a group of deer "deers" too?

Date: January 8, 2020 18:18

Javadave
The plural of vinyl is "vinyl", not "vinyls". Anyone who isn't a Millenial nanker knows this. Do you call a group of deer "deers" too?

You are aware of the fact that most of the posters on this norwegian fan forum are not native english speakers, right?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 8, 2020 18:21

Javadave

What are you, the grammar police? eye rolling smiley

Date: January 8, 2020 18:30

Sorry, I own a record store next to a major U.S. university and hear this bastardized phrase used by the college age crowd all too frequently. As they are young and most of them grew up with parents who weren't playing records for them, it's understandable why they picked up on the improper slang usage propogated by semi-illiterates. I have no quarter for anyone over the age of 35 who doesn't know the difference. Whatever age they are, I know I'm dealing with a poseur, an idiot or both when I hear them mis-use this word.

Date: January 8, 2020 19:39

I’m Finnish and in a fever at the moment. Sorry about the disturbing plural.

Date: January 8, 2020 19:58

It's all good, Padre. I have heard other Northern Europeans (Russians, Lithuanians) add the plural too, so you're not alone. Maybe it's we Yanks who've got it wrong!

Date: January 8, 2020 20:05

I'll burn my Divinyls' albums right now.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 8, 2020 20:15

Spud

Too bad the digital versions from that box does not have that or the "organ" Mixed Emotions.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 8, 2020 21:41

>semi-illiterates

or would they be semi-literates?

>I know I'm dealing with a poseur, an idiot or both when I hear
>them mis-use this word.

exactly. When you point at someone, there are four fingers pointing back at you.

jb

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 8, 2020 22:06

Are we sure the latest boxed set was Abbey Road analogue sourced remasters ? I thought it was the usual brick walled crap so never bought it .

sc uk

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 8, 2020 22:55

straycatuk

Are we sure the latest boxed set was Abbey Road analogue sourced remasters ?

No, it was a digital source: Abbey Road Mastering Engineer Miles Showell got an archive hard disk by the RS management. On the disk were two separate sets of high resolution flat transfers (DSD, PCM 192/24) from the master tapes for each album where the source was analogue tape. Two or three of the later albums are digital recordings and these were digitally dubbed at their original sample rate to the hard disk. -- [iorr.org] .

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 9, 2020 00:00

Irix
straycatuk

Are we sure the latest boxed set was Abbey Road analogue sourced remasters ?

No, it was a digital source: Abbey Road Mastering Engineer Miles Showell got an archive hard disk by the RS management. On the disk were two separate sets of high resolution flat transfers (DSD, PCM 192/24) from the master tapes for each album where the source was analogue tape. Two or three of the later albums are digital recordings and these were digitally dubbed at their original sample rate to the hard disk. -- [iorr.org] .

Of course . What was I thinking ! The most recent albums are digital anyway.

Has anyone noticed an improvement with these remasters ? I always found ABB unlistenable . Blue and Lonesome is virtually ruined by the mastering even though I thought it was recorded at an analogue studio (?)

Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 9, 2020 00:16

So does ABB still suck in this collection?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 9, 2020 10:58

275 on Amazon IT is not bad.

Date: January 9, 2020 11:05

nick
So does ABB still suck in this collection?

According to Spud, a poster I trust very much, it was a huge improvement.

Date: January 10, 2020 18:42

So, the original vinyl pressing of ABB is brickwalled=not worth buying?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1553
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home