Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: GRRR and vinyl box limited editions
Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 10, 2020 21:02

I know I got banged hard for that LA Forum deluxe and I don't even need the vinyl. Just wanted those 2 extra CD's. The Marquee / Brussels I didn't mind as much compared to how much Brussels was going for previously.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 11, 2020 00:08

Hairball
ironbelly
treaclefingers
Hairball
I bought the GRRR 5 cd Deluxe Box for around $45 a year or so after release on Amazon (might have been via the marketplace/other sellers).
Came with a decent hardcover book, some postcards, a poster, 7" vinyl (BBC sessions), bonus disc of early demos, and most importantly the box itself which has a giant image of Grrregory the gorilla. winking smiley

I got that deal off the amazon.co.uk website. I shoulda bought a couple, that was a screaming deal.

There were two major pricing mistakes by amazon (or it was a kind of promo action).
The 1st one was in 2012 with GRRR Superdeluxe at amazon de. It was priced at 30 Euros or something like that (the total with VAT and S&H was about 45 Euros).

I do not own this one anymore, never open it, made a present to a friend. If I remember correctly the number of the copy was 08xxx (eight thousand something).

The second mistake was with Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe at amazon co uk. They priced it at 9.95 GBP for about an hour or so. I got mine for 15.57 GBP shipped. Still wondering why I did not order two.

Afterwards amazon was a bit more careful with pricing for Superdeluxe editions.

Just looked back through my orders on Amazon US dating back to 2012, and damn I have bought alot of stuff and spent alot of money over the years!!! eye popping smiley smiling smiley And then there's all the other sites....
This purchase was actually in Jan. 2015 and paid $46.30 + $3.99 shipping - so quite some time after initial release, and was bought from MovieMars-CDs via Amazon US- highly trustworthy as I've ordered many items from them. MM via Amazon
They also have their own website ( Movie Mars ), but I've only ordered via Amazon US. Anyhow, sometimes there's deals to be had, and a bit of patience can be rewarding. Haven't bought HONK yet in any format, and doubt I ever will, but if there's ever a massive discount to be had such as the above, might be hard to resist. BEST deal I ever had was the Brussels massive cd/vinyl box set for $150 via RollingStones.com originally priced at a whopping $450 or more.
It's a mighty fine and impressive solid box which even had it's own customized protective outer cardboard box....snazzy watch included!

That is ONE heck of a great deal!! Congrats!! That is still another hole in the collection!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2020 00:34

They should do another edition of the Brussels Deluxe Box Set- someone on ebay is attempting to sell "just the box" for $99.99.
It's a damn nice box indeed, but not sure it's worth $99.99 empty. lol

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 11, 2020 00:36

VoodooLounge13
Hairball
ironbelly
treaclefingers
Hairball
I bought the GRRR 5 cd Deluxe Box for around $45 a year or so after release on Amazon (might have been via the marketplace/other sellers).
Came with a decent hardcover book, some postcards, a poster, 7" vinyl (BBC sessions), bonus disc of early demos, and most importantly the box itself which has a giant image of Grrregory the gorilla. winking smiley

I got that deal off the amazon.co.uk website. I shoulda bought a couple, that was a screaming deal.

There were two major pricing mistakes by amazon (or it was a kind of promo action).
The 1st one was in 2012 with GRRR Superdeluxe at amazon de. It was priced at 30 Euros or something like that (the total with VAT and S&H was about 45 Euros).

I do not own this one anymore, never open it, made a present to a friend. If I remember correctly the number of the copy was 08xxx (eight thousand something).

The second mistake was with Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe at amazon co uk. They priced it at 9.95 GBP for about an hour or so. I got mine for 15.57 GBP shipped. Still wondering why I did not order two.

Afterwards amazon was a bit more careful with pricing for Superdeluxe editions.

Just looked back through my orders on Amazon US dating back to 2012, and damn I have bought alot of stuff and spent alot of money over the years!!! eye popping smiley smiling smiley And then there's all the other sites....
This purchase was actually in Jan. 2015 and paid $46.30 + $3.99 shipping - so quite some time after initial release, and was bought from MovieMars-CDs via Amazon US- highly trustworthy as I've ordered many items from them. MM via Amazon
They also have their own website ( Movie Mars ), but I've only ordered via Amazon US. Anyhow, sometimes there's deals to be had, and a bit of patience can be rewarding. Haven't bought HONK yet in any format, and doubt I ever will, but if there's ever a massive discount to be had such as the above, might be hard to resist. BEST deal I ever had was the Brussels massive cd/vinyl box set for $150 via RollingStones.com originally priced at a whopping $450 or more.
It's a mighty fine and impressive solid box which even had it's own customized protective outer cardboard box....snazzy watch included!

That is ONE heck of a great deal!! Congrats!! That is still another hole in the collection!!

indeed...for that price you'd get just the watch, or at least a cheap one. Still a hole in my collection too...just didn't think it was worth it upon release.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home