Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Tom Keylock and Brian Jones' belongings
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 16, 2020 16:53

It is curious to me that endless Mick Taylor has a bigger todger than Ronnie Wood threads are tolerated, but there is a desire to make sure no one discusses Brian. Keith played nearly everything so there is little need to talk about what Brian brought to the sessions. Brian died and we're not to talk about the sort of dodgy people around him at the time. The Stones bought drugs from cleancut kids on street corners. There were no organized crime connections. They were silly boys pretending to be interested in the occult. Any connections between occultists, drug dealers, and organized crime members who socialized with and appear in photos with the Stones are purely coincidental. Move along, nothing to see here. Just a talentless prick who drowned.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 16, 2020 17:16

I can agree with everything except the talentless part. Though I prefer Mick T, I would never discount the importance of Brian, regardless of his character/personality.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 16, 2020 19:46

Rocky Dijon
It is curious to me that endless Mick Taylor has a bigger todger than Ronnie Wood threads are tolerated, but there is a desire to make sure no one discusses Brian. Keith played nearly everything so there is little need to talk about what Brian brought to the sessions. Brian died and we're not to talk about the sort of dodgy people around him at the time. The Stones bought drugs from cleancut kids on street corners. There were no organized crime connections. They were silly boys pretending to be interested in the occult. Any connections between occultists, drug dealers, and organized crime members who socialized with and appear in photos with the Stones are purely coincidental. Move along, nothing to see here. Just a talentless prick who drowned.

Do it all day, every day. Some people, like me, simply don't see the point. Some of us feel we know what Brian brought to the table; an ethereal, unique talent that sadly Brian destroyed. (Especially his obvious guitarist talent that he did not advance.) Ian Stuart said he was playing like Segovia when he first knew him. Yet, there is little evidence Brian was much of a lead player. Almost all of his revered lead work was on slide.

As for this death, there are a lot of hucksters and paranoids trying to make a buck off of the circumstances surrounding Brian's death. Sensationalist crap. Brian seems to have been a person with deep problems who didn't have the objectivity to see them, must less improve his situation. He was a great promoter of the blues. His essence is in the foundation of the group. I think Crossfire Hurricane showed Bill, Charlie, Keith and Mick being more sympathetic towards Brian, now realizing how young they all were. It's a tragedy, not a cheap excuse for an 'unauthorized' documentary with ersatz 'Stonesish' music.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: January 16, 2020 20:33

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

Saw these the other night on eBay.

Date: January 16, 2020 22:33

frankotero
I can agree with everything except the talentless part. Though I prefer Mick T, I would never discount the importance of Brian, regardless of his character/personality.

My remarks were completely sarcastic.

Date: January 16, 2020 22:39

24FPS
As for this death, there are a lot of hucksters and paranoids trying to make a buck off of the circumstances surrounding Brian's death. Sensationalist crap. Brian seems to have been a person with deep problems who didn't have the objectivity to see them, must less improve his situation. He was a great promoter of the blues. His essence is in the foundation of the group. I think Crossfire Hurricane showed Bill, Charlie, Keith and Mick being more sympathetic towards Brian, now realizing how young they all were. It's a tragedy, not a cheap excuse for an 'unauthorized' documentary with ersatz 'Stonesish' music.

Brian and his impact on their music should always be discussed, the same as with Taylor or Ronnie or Wyman, etc. As for his death, I agree with much of what you say, but learning actual facts about the people around him is interesting to me. I like finding out about Anita's social circle and Brian's as well as the hangers-on or hired hands. As far as someone adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, then point out their faulty math. I just don't agree with people I like (mathijs and you, to name two) shutting down a thread that does serve a purpose. If you can't appreciate it, ignore it. Others enjoy it.

And yes, unauthorized documentaries with fake blues-rock and no actual audio apart from public domain newsreel interviews are crap.

Date: January 17, 2020 06:06

smileys with beer
Rocky Dijon
24FPS

Brian and his impact on their music should always be discussed, the same as with Taylor or Ronnie or Wyman, etc. As for his death, I agree with much of what you say, but learning actual facts about the people around him is interesting to me. I like finding out about Anita's social circle and Brian's as well as the hangers-on or hired hands. As far as someone adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, then point out their faulty math. I just don't agree with people I like (mathijs and you, to name two) shutting down a thread that does serve a purpose. If you can't appreciate it, ignore it. Others enjoy it.

And yes, unauthorized documentaries with fake blues-rock and no actual audio apart from public domain newsreel interviews are crap.

Date: February 11, 2020 00:26

Date: February 11, 2020 04:36

Lil' Brian
More from eBay...

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

And not one bit of provenance.

Date: February 11, 2020 16:34

Just straight scam then? That's my guess. I'm not a buyer or a seller. Just noticed it and thought to pass it along. Buyer beware as they say.

"Brian Jones owned and worn amulet. From The Geoffrey Giuliano Collection. A letter of authenticity will be included in sale. Please ask any questions you may have as all sales are final."

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 11, 2020 20:51

Is Geoffrey Giuliano a well known collector or friend of Brian’s.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 12, 2020 04:26

I don't know about friend of Brians, but he was a published author and in a position to possibly buy up stuff as it became available, before any of the general public. Seems to me just being in Giuliano's collection would be some sort of provenance. And of course there is that valuable letter of authenticity. (just kidding of course)

jb

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 12, 2020 14:31

Giuliano is a fraudster.

Date: February 13, 2020 05:16

That well may be. Seems to be a lot of that in some of these circles.

jb

Date: February 13, 2020 06:03

jbwelda
I don't know about friend of Brians, but he was a published author and in a position to possibly buy up stuff as it became available, before any of the general public. Seems to me just being in Giuliano's collection would be some sort of provenance. And of course there is that valuable letter of authenticity. (just kidding of course)

jb

I found his book about the Death of Brian Jones on both Ebay and Amazon for
as low as $2.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:26

Did ya buy it?

jb

Date: February 13, 2020 15:18

Rocky Dijon
Rockman
….nude mud wrestling
would be more fun for us all …

Oh no! Terry's been watching WOMEN IN LOVE again!

"watching"

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 13, 2020 20:43

jbwelda
Did ya buy it?

jb

Yes I Did. Figured $2 was a small risk.

Date: February 26, 2020 11:46

swimtothemoon

Yes I Did. Figured $2 was a small risk.

Put it in recycling and save someone else from reading his crap. thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home