Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Allman Brothers Band 50th Anniversary All-Star Concert
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 11, 2020 17:33

Epic show last night!
It would be great if they decided to take this on the road, but Im not holding my breath.

Listen here -

[jam.buzz]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 11, 2020 17:42

Midnight Rider / Whipping Post encores

So good!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 11, 2020 20:19

spikenyc
Midnight Rider / Whipping Post encores

So good!

[www.youtube.com]
Nice vocals by Warren on Midnight Rider, and the guitars sound right with Dereck and Warren

OT: Allman Brothers Band 50th Anniversary All-Star Concert
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 11, 2020 20:48

Allman Brothers Survivors Honor the Band’s Legacy at Fiery Tribute Show

Amid coronavirus concerns, members of the group’s final lineup came together at Madison Square Garden for a night of impassioned jams

By David Browne
March 11, 2020

Taylor Hill/Getty Images

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:23

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 13, 2020 06:49

24FPS
Nothing tops the original band. No one who followed could play slide like Duane Allman. Plus Duane was always expanding the sound of the band. They got locked into that Southern 'Freedom Rock' crap because of 'Rammbling Man', their only radio friendly hit after Duane. Duane was 24 when he died. Let that sink in. That's how old Jimi was when he played Monterey. Duane had plenty of musical heights left to take them. (Never mind a solo career). I saw the original Allman Brothers. I walked right up to the front row and watched Duane sting it with that Coricidin bottle on his finger. Maybe the 90s band was competent. So are the modern day Stones. Which would you rather have? Golden Era Stones, or 'musically competent' Stones?

You had me at Coricidin bottle, and great job explaining something without losing your patience.
A full Motlow would’ve been justified here but a face palm will have to do. There has never been a better rock and roll band than the original Allman’s.
Everyone who played in the band afterward and all the fans know this to be an obvious truth.

Date: March 13, 2020 13:59

24FPS
Nothing tops the original band. No one who followed could play slide like Duane Allman. Plus Duane was always expanding the sound of the band. They got locked into that Southern 'Freedom Rock' crap because of 'Rammbling Man', their only radio friendly hit after Duane. Duane was 24 when he died. Let that sink in. That's how old Jimi was when he played Monterey. Duane had plenty of musical heights left to take them. (Never mind a solo career). I saw the original Allman Brothers. I walked right up to the front row and watched Duane sting it with that Coricidin bottle on his finger. Maybe the 90s band was competent. So are the modern day Stones. Which would you rather have? Golden Era Stones, or 'musically competent' Stones?

just wanted to say the band had 3 top 40 hits after duane, "ramblin man", "crazy love" and "straight from the heart". also "Jessica", "whipping post", "seven turns" and a few others have been rock radio staples for close to 40 years.the band had several top 20 rock radio hits during the epic years including the #1 "good clean fun" please don't say the band had just one hit and got locked into something because of it. they got locked into whatever betts was writing because after duane passed away betts wrote/co-wrote about 80% of the bands material until his exit in 2000

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 13, 2020 14:19

Different bands.

While very few bands reached the level of the original band, the Trucks/Haynes/Burbidge version was/is pretty damn smokin'.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 13, 2020 22:07

kovach
This looks promising:

Blackberry Smoke/Betts Allman/Jaimoe Tour

Just bought tickets to opening night.

Blackberry Smoke, Allman Betts Band (which I believe also includes Berry Oakley's son), and Jaimoe's band, with a jam at the end of the night featuring everyone on Southern Rock classics, and entrance to a traveling Allman Brothers museum (courtesy of the Big House).

Taking my son who is too young to have witnessed much of the southern rock heyday, told him this might be his best chance to have a glimpse of it was like...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-14 16:03 by kovach.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home