Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 06:36

First before anything, Wish you all Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Just been curious for a while that why Keith Richards dropped happy last year? Is it because he cant sing it anymore, if it is the case then same should have gone for before they make me run.He just nailed before they make run last year.

Re: Happy
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2020 19:48

A shame he didn't play it.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 3, 2020 20:10

I like the singing of Keith, but I think he can’t sing the more fast songs not good onstage. The only exemption to me is Before They Make Me Run. Just my personal opinion.....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 3, 2020 20:12

It may have been because of the subject matter. It's an Anita song. See if it's back this year.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 3, 2020 22:39

I love Happy but You Got the Silver & Before They Make Me Run were awesome at the show I saw!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 22:47

the show i saw in 2018 was in warsaw where he sang before you make me run and you got the silver, these are semi warhorses now and it works, he does them well.

i would love to hear happy and little t and a which are his best rockers but im not convinced he can do them well, certainly not to the standards of the early 80,s.

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 23:11

I don't know if it's truly a factor, but he had sorta botched the intro to "Happy" a couple of times, before it got more or less dropped. He played it on Patti's birthday (March 17, 2016 in Mexico City) and dedicated it to her, then right after that he kind of butchered the intro chords pretty badly. Almost as bad as Scarfgate at Hyde Park.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 4, 2020 01:07

buttons67
i would love to hear happy and little t and a which are his best rockers but im not convinced he can do them well, certainly not to the standards of the early 80,s.

Keith did "Happy" every bit as well in 2019 as he did in the early 1980s.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 4, 2020 03:10

Keith already showed a sign of dropping Happy in 2018 No Filter UK/European Tour. Of the 14 shows, it was performed only 3 times — London 2, Coventry and Edinburgh. At Murrayfield Stadium, he made a major cock up during the middle section, an almost train wreck that was narrowly avoided. That was the last time he played Happy on stage to this day. He got the omen then perhaps?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 4, 2020 03:28

Sad if true, but a sign of the times I suppose.
Hope he doesn't decide to stop playing other tunes because of the near train wrecks - that would be almost every tune in the entire setlist!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home