Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tell Me Forum in 2042 AD
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 3, 2020 11:58

franzk
Some 2042 IORR threads:

- New tour in 2043?
- Is this going to be their last tour?
- No new album again?
- 2035 tour vault release discussions
- The Stones were much better in 2030
- Setlist discussions
- Interview with Keith Richards: The new album is almost done, just a few touches here and there
- News report: Great-great-great-grandfather Mick Jagger has a newborn child

You forgot :
- why did Chuck throw his denture into the audience last night during the encore??? Who does he think he is!!?? A true band member?? Doing this is the privilege of Mick Keith and Ron!! (Charlie is too far away from the 1st row to be able to do it).

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 3, 2020 13:45

dcba
franzk
Some 2042 IORR threads:

- New tour in 2043?
- Is this going to be their last tour?
- No new album again?
- 2035 tour vault release discussions
- The Stones were much better in 2030
- Setlist discussions
- Interview with Keith Richards: The new album is almost done, just a few touches here and there
- News report: Great-great-great-grandfather Mick Jagger has a newborn child

You forgot :
- why did Chuck throw his denture into the audience last night during the encore??? Who does he think he is!!?? A true band member?? Doing this is the privilege of Mick Keith and Ron!! (Charlie is too far away from the 1st row to be able to do it).

let us not forget the inevitable Beatles vs Stones thread. should be up to at least a million views at that point.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 15:54

doitywoik
georgie48
Personally I think by that time I may need a listening device with very powerful speakers and a pretty nurse to move my wheelchair around while I listen with nostalgic feelings to Jump on Top of Me ...smileys with beer

By that time, when using old technology, you will plug your player into the jack in your head and have the signal directly transferred to your auditory cortex. New technology will directly project it into your brain, complete with nurse and other desired stimulations. winking smiley

Once the matrix is optimized it will generate a new Stones Album whenever you want one, sometimes with a lot of fillers so that there's something to bitch about, and every once in a while one for the ages. It's going to be a bright future ...

Wow, that looks promissing! Well, I guess by that time the Stones won't have any objections about us (super long time, super diehard fans) creating Stones music ourselves. A nurse projected in my brain, or a real one pushing my wheelchair, mmm, I have to think about that winking smiley
I may have a chat with that upcoming meteorite after all ...

smileys with beer

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 3, 2020 16:59

Don't worry about the asteroid. Bruce Willis & Co have left us a detailed tutorial how asteroids are to be taken care of … winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 3, 2020 17:10

"Tell Me Forum in 2042 AD"

The main question will be... "hey guys, what did you think of the holograms? Were they better than on last tour?? (2039)"
Then IORR members will ask : "you old-timers, you lucky bas@tards who saw them for real in 2024, what do you think of these virtual avatars? Are they faithful to the real articles?"

Date: January 3, 2020 18:06

dcba
The main question will be... "hey guys, what did you think of the holograms? Were they better than on last tour??

This isn't as much science fiction as it may sound like. Dweezil Zappa is already doing Frank Zappa hologram tours for a while...

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: January 3, 2020 19:03

Newsflash April 2042. After 3 years of being at war with the fanbase Mick Jagger reluctantly agress to play the warhorses again.

After 50 years of setlist whining and complaining Jagger had enough in 2039 and changed the setlist dramatically and took out any so called warhorses.

He’s quoted saying that: “Our good friend Paul Simon became known for ending his shows with playing “You can call me all twice” But When people accused us of copying him when we ended our shows for the last 3 years with playing Gomper twice, I realiced my point was done and over with.

Jagger also demonstrates he haven’t lost his edge by promising an extended version of Miss You on this new tour and to prove that he can still write lyrics after being accoused of writers block for the long awaited album they started to work on in 2015, he has written 7 new verses for the classic fan favorite “You got me rocking”.

Jagger also hit’s back at critics accusing them of not being able to live up to the past energywise. It’s absolutely false that we give Keith permission to take a nap during Fool To Cry, that is purely an artistic and a nostalgic nod to the 70’s when that happened for the first time.

You saw it here first :-)

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 19:41

doitywoik
Don't worry about the asteroid. Bruce Willis & Co have left us a detailed tutorial how asteroids are to be taken care of … winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Just spent two hours watching. Looks good confused smiley
I'm sure that by 2041 they've taken care of some details to make it an easier job >grinning smiley<
So DCBA doesn't need to worry about avatars, with Mick and Keith both being 99, Charlie 101 and Ronnie just hitting 95, we can look forward to yet another great live concert. And maybe I don't need a wheelchair afterall winking smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 3, 2020 19:54

doitywoik
dcba
The main question will be... "hey guys, what did you think of the holograms? Were they better than on last tour??

This isn't as much science fiction as it may sound like. Dweezil Zappa is already doing Frank Zappa hologram tours for a while...

[www.rollingstone.com]

Yes, and check this out ...

[expmag.com]

Drew

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2020 20:09

And this....both creepy and funny at the same time:

Date: January 3, 2020 20:14

Hairball

Methinks Jagger has already put in his will that no such atrocity will be allowed after his demise... confused smiley

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 3, 2020 22:16

dcba
Hairball

Methinks Jagger has already put in his will that no such atrocity will be allowed after his demise... confused smiley

I wouldn't bet on it...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 3, 2020 22:56

Ronnie Wood's iconic "re-imagination" of Picasso's "Guernica " titled "The Destruction Of A Civilised Riff" sold at auction this week for a staggering $3.4 million US.
Reached by phone the 94 year old prolific and still very active painter said he was thrilled as it was somewhat controversial when he created it.
www.ChristiesAuctionNews.comm

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 4, 2020 01:10

And then hallucinating Ronnie awoke from his medication induced delerium with self inflicted magic marker scribbles across his face while the nursing home attendants changed his diapers.

lol.........

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 4, 2020 04:34

winking smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 23:23

also in 2042 the beatles estate sues the stones for copyright citing the fact the stones got their inspiration for all their albums up till 2041 from beatles songs. yoko ono speaking says that if you play love is strong backwards and upside down at a 3rd of the normal speed and your half deaf it sounds like hey jude. she also cites many other stones songs as a beatles rip off.

the stones fight the allegations furiously but eventually agree to give winning ugly and gomper to the beatles estate with lennon and mccartney as the songwriters.

a week later the beatles estate and the stones go back to court as the beatles estate want the writing credits for these songs returned to jagger and richards.

also in 2042 jagger explains that in his down time he spends time with his great grandchildren, just as soon as they get back from the office.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: January 6, 2020 23:27

SomeGuy
dcba
Hairball

I wouldn't bet on it...

wait they're not already touring as holograms?

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 7, 2020 00:06

LazarusSmith
SomeGuy
dcba
Hairball

I wouldn't bet on it...

wait they're not already touring as holograms?

That's the offstage band.

Date: January 7, 2020 00:45

Since the year prior Keith got his neural no-botch implant, on the 23rd leg of the Wheelchairs On Fire tour in 2042 he didn't botch the SMU intro a single time, and the key of his SFTD solos always matches the key of the song ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 7, 2020 00:49

doitywoik
Since the year prior Keith got his neural no-botch implant, on the 23rd leg of the Wheelchairs On Fire tour in 2042 he didn't botch the SMU intro a single time, and the key of his SFTD solos always matches the key of the song ...

autotune for the guitar...it had to come.

Date: January 7, 2020 00:51

Considering Fall 2017 it could have come a bit earlier ...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home