Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tell Me Forum in 2042 AD
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 2, 2020 15:04

This forum has been on for quite some time, I am active here since 2003, our favourite band themselves have been active for many a long year.

Now came the funny idea to my mind about how will this forum look like in the year 2042? Will there be anything changed? Will we still be enjoying our beloved IORR Classic Template?

BV still moderating this for us? Taylor vs Ronnie thread still lingering on? Any extra long-lived band member still out there on stage? Posters still hoping for unheard releases from the vaults?

Happy New Year to You All

d.f

Re: Tell Me Forum in 2042 AD
Date: January 2, 2020 15:09

"Matt Clifford's Stones" will still be touring, perhaps?

We'll still be here to roll the dice... winking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 2, 2020 15:09

Since Bjornulf is only 20 years old, of course he'll still be moderating in 2042. The big question will be the New Album in 2042? thread (their first studio album of new material in 37 years) and whether Hairball will still be hitting a wall every day while Ian bitches that 99 year old men don't need that much family time.

Date: January 2, 2020 15:14

Yes, exactly: New album finally out in 2042? That was on the tip of my tongue.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: January 2, 2020 15:47

Some 2042 IORR threads:

- New tour in 2043?
- Is this going to be their last tour?
- No new album again?
- 2035 tour vault release discussions
- The Stones were much better in 2030
- Setlist discussions
- Interview with Keith Richards: The new album is almost done, just a few touches here and there
- News report: Great-great-great-grandfather Mick Jagger has a newborn child

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 2, 2020 16:02

OT: 2042 NFL

Topic: Will the Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings ever win a Super Bowl?

Will the Stones perform at Halftime Show?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-02 16:06 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 2, 2020 16:06

The New 2042 Vault Release is a compilation from the hugely successful 2037 "Rural No Filter" tour. At the Tryingham MA show Jagger catapults pieces of bread from the Santarella Gingerbread House into the audience during their latest hit "Ginger" off their third album release of the 2030's..........

Date: January 2, 2020 16:18

<News report: Great-great-great-grandfather Mick Jagger has a newborn child>

grinning smiley

Date: January 2, 2020 16:22

<News Report: Bill Wyman dating a 65 yr old !!!!>

Date: January 2, 2020 16:33

Top Thread of the Year:

Ronnie's Hair Still Raven-Black.

After over 30 years of intense examinations, secret forum study finally reveals: It's all natural, no wig.

Date: January 2, 2020 16:51

Excavations in the City of London:

Archaeofact held for "medieval fishing tackle" surprisingly turns out to be Keith Richards' famous ear gear.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 2, 2020 16:53

The realistic discussion, however, will be the Vaults Release thread of the long lost and never released album of recorded Rolling Stones songs during 2016 - 2022. In addition, 10 songs with the mystifying working title England Lost, part 2. The former said to comprise material enough for three oldfashioned socalled vinyl albums. The latter are rumoured to be songs Vetoed by Keith from that same said period, but not released by the socalled "bugger".

Discussed with much heat by His Majesty's Son, Dandelion Powdergirl (a daughter), Doxa's Spiritual Heir, one poster named as Golden Dagger and several others. Moderated by bv_ette, apparently a female, and with quite much overbearance.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 2, 2020 17:19

"100 YEARS AGO - MICK & KEITH Centenarians next year - NEW TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT!"

Date: January 2, 2020 17:31

<OT: Brittany Spears inducted into R & R Hall of Fame !!!!>

Sings Satisfaction with Mick Jagger in jam packed.......

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 2, 2020 19:01

Thanks to my long lasting longevity pills I'm finally able to hear the outtakes from 1960s because The Stones/Abkco finally gave us what we wanted after 80 years LOL

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 2, 2020 19:18

Tour Canceled Over Unavailability Non-Vegan Shepherd's Pie

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 2, 2020 22:34

Rocky Dijon
The big question will be the New Album in 2042? thread (their first studio album of new material in 37 years) and whether Hairball will still be hitting a wall every day while Ian bitches that 99 year old men don't need that much family time.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

By then the thread will be called "New Stones album for 2043?", approaching 10.000.000 view and 110.000 posts. Hairball will explain for the 237th time that he's "Hairball" (and why) and not "Hairy Balls", we will be surprised to learn how many early/intermediary/finishing stages there can be in the creation of an album, and that the puzzle is probably more complex than we all thought.

And Ronnie certainly painted something ...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 2, 2020 22:46

doitywoik
Rocky Dijon
The big question will be the New Album in 2042? thread (their first studio album of new material in 37 years) and whether Hairball will still be hitting a wall every day while Ian bitches that 99 year old men don't need that much family time.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

By then the thread will be called "New Stones album for 2043?", approaching 10.000.000 view and 110.000 posts. Hairball will explain for the 237th time that he's "Hairball" (and why) and not "Hairy Balls", we will be surprised to learn how many early/intermediary/finishing stages there can be in the creation of an album, and that the puzzle is probably more complex than we all thought.

And Ronnie certainly painted something ...

Lol...by then I might have changed my name to Hairy Balls....maybe even Old Hairy Balls....or maybe even Old and Grey Hairy Balls lol. Will still be rooting for the Stones though, while looking forward to 80 and Counting Tour with a new compilation. Meanwhile, the Stones will still be remixing the same "new" tunes until they sound just right, but finally realize the first rough versions are as good as they'll ever get, though they will remain unreleased until the 100th anniversary in 2062 (hopefully).

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 2, 2020 22:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-02 22:52 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: January 2, 2020 23:23

You can ask Keith at the time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 2, 2020 23:23

Connecticut Friday:
Rolling Stones guitarist
Keith Richards has had the
wood from his aging lemon
tree hand crafted into a
working electric guitar.

Rolling Stones spokesperson
said that Mr Richards commented
saying "Give me any tree and I'll
make it sound like Keith Richards.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 00:11

in 2042 the band behind the stage will fall off and reveal themselves accidently.

everyone on here will be discussing how the stones were so much better in the early days, of the steel wheels tour and how that the classic period came to a close.

mick will finish his latest solo album and keith will write a book dissing his album and that he should write songs for the next stones album instead which is due out in 2054.

the latest tour will start and the set list has been chosen, they will do a complete set of 10 songs including the usual warhorses but also will include their latest single which is a cover of elvis hound dog.

ronnie will paint a picture of his latest young girlfriend, she is 22 years old.

charlie will tour with a jazz band, they will perform to an audience of at least 12 people.

the band will sue abkco and win the rights to all their 1963-69 material.

paul mccartney will reveal in his latest book that john lennon never liked the stones but preffered pink floyd.

bill wyman in an interview will reveal that the stones should have quit in 1970 but then admits he cant remember when 1970 was.

the stones will re release all their 2020-2042 recordings as a deluxe package in vinyl/cd/dvd/blue ray format with extra bonus tracks, all 6 songs will have various outtakes and versions including live in the dog and welly pub near putney in 2039. the whole package will cost $700

ronnie will announce that the stones will continue for another 20 years doing what theyve been doing for the last 20, keith admits he cant remember what they done the last 20.

charlie will reveal in a interview he hates touring but dosent have another job so thats the reason he does it.

mick will announce that the stones will never quit and that they will only stop when someone snuffs it, kieth agrees with mick and the band get back to announcing they have no plans at present.

keith will attempt to sue the owners of a coconut tree after his latest incident.

and lastly, the stones will rerelease dirtywork deluxe format and it will sell 2 dozen copies.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 3, 2020 00:19

...and Charlie will tour because he still isn't allowed to play his drums at home by his wife.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 00:23

I don't want to spoil the party, but didn't they predict a frontal collision between a rolling stone (also called meteorite or something like that) from space with our precious globe in 2041 AD?
So the Stones better make sure the new album will be ready by 2040, so we all still can enjoy it for a little while.
Personally I think by that time I may need a listening device with very powerful speakers and a pretty nurse to move my wheelchair around while I listen with nostalgic feelings to Jump on Top of Me ...
To the youngsters I would say: make sure you're ready to set off with soft explosion and be on your way to Aldebaran before 2041. I can't be bothered anymore by that time and stay behind with the nurse grinning smiley

Happy New Year!
smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 3, 2020 00:38

Chris Fountain
OT: 2042 NFL

Topic: Will the Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings ever win a Super Bowl?

Hopefully the Bengals, Browns, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions and Texans will have been deleted from the NFL by then, still not having one of several: no winning seasons, no playoffs, first round elimination for the 4th decade (that would be the Texans).

Oh and the Raiders will be in Alaska then.

Date: January 3, 2020 01:05

"Bill Wyman dating 65 year old" That, my friend, is very, very funny!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-03 01:05 by HopeYouGuessMyName.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2020 02:48

Hope Ian Billen will still be here on IORR with us as he's one of the only ones who sincerely believes the new Stones album will be here soon.
Nice to have his positive energy no matter how unrealisitic it might seem at times. thumbs up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 3, 2020 05:57

georgie48
Personally I think by that time I may need a listening device with very powerful speakers and a pretty nurse to move my wheelchair around while I listen with nostalgic feelings to Jump on Top of Me ...smileys with beer

By that time, when using old technology, you will plug your player into the jack in your head and have the signal directly transferred to your auditory cortex. New technology will directly project it into your brain, complete with nurse and other desired stimulations. winking smiley

Once the matrix is optimized it will generate a new Stones Album whenever you want one, sometimes with a lot of fillers so that there's something to bitch about, and every once in a while one for the ages. It's going to be a bright future ...

Date: January 3, 2020 08:46

OT: You Got me Rocking land s top spot!!

In Rolling Stone Magazine's latest top 100 "Greatest Rock-n-Roll " songs of all time, the Rolling stones "You got me Rocking " received the most votes to earn the title as the greatest rocker of all time! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-03 08:47 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 3, 2020 10:25

They'll all be in a better place, on top form playing a show every night with Bill on bass, Stu on the ivories, Brian, Mick T and Ronnie sharing 2nd guitar duties.

..and I'll be there too...with FOS tickets for every night grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home