Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 20
Re: New ABKCO copyright releases
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 1, 2020 22:49

barbabang
The Gimme Shelter early version is a live rehearsel version with ronnie wood. Sounds very recent to my ears too. Nineties?

Strange choice for ABCKO is't it?

if Ronnie's playing on this tracks and if it has been recorded after 1970 it's a case of copyright infringement by ABCKO

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 1, 2020 22:53

....maybe it's a beginning ....of a new politics...!??

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: January 1, 2020 22:57

I'll bet a lot of the 1969 live stuff ends up on 50th anniversary Ya-Yas Box...at least I hope so.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 1, 2020 23:11

dcba
Variety's on the case :

[variety.com]

OMG:..."and although Abkco has released a series of superb 50th anniversary reissues over the past decade, as “69RSTRAX” shows, much remains in the vault. Perhaps Jagger, who is also one of the toughest businessmen the biz has ever known, will continue to play the waiting game until he or his future heirs finally find a way to fully capture his youth’s work."

At least we know who to blame for the BB and LIB reissues...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 1, 2020 23:13

[variety.com]

It appears it’s all been removed

Date: January 1, 2020 23:26

<Yet these Stones recordings — which appear under the title “69RSTRAX” — are apparently the first such collection released by the band>

Wrong.

Date: January 1, 2020 23:40

Funny that the missing tracks of the Hyde Park recording is not among the songs on this "release". As far as I remember the whole concert is owned by ABKCO and kept in its entirety in their vault.

Date: January 1, 2020 23:49

S.T.P
Funny that the missing tracks of the Hyde Park recording is not among the songs on this "release". As far as I remember the whole concert is owned by ABKCO and kept in its entirety in their vault.

Isn't it owned by Grenada TV as well?

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 1, 2020 23:50

thrak
I don't get ABKCO releases politics. I know they want to suck our money as long as it's possible. Wouldn't It be better if they put all these extra tracks on bonus cd/vinyl in LIB box? I don't know how many coppies has been sold but i think around 50 000. With an extra disc it wound be 10 times more. I know someday they'll put out all the stuff from the vault but it's such a shame.

Again and again: ABKCO can’t release outtakes without the band’s own approval.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 1, 2020 23:50

S.T.P
dcba
Variety's on the case :

[variety.com]

OMG:..."and although Abkco has released a series of superb 50th anniversary reissues over the past decade, as “69RSTRAX” shows, much remains in the vault. Perhaps Jagger, who is also one of the toughest businessmen the biz has ever known, will continue to play the waiting game until he or his future heirs finally find a way to fully capture his youth’s work."

At least we know who to blame for the BB and LIB reissues...

It would be quite illogical and poor business sense to delay the releases.
Whilst The Stones are an 'active' group (well sort of) they are in the news, doing concerts etc.
When it's all over there seems no likelihood that Vaults issues would have any more interest than at the current time.
That's why the Dylan Bootleg series is such a good example, both from an artistic and business perspective.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 1, 2020 23:57

DandelionPowderman
S.T.P

and besides, one can't make much money out of a release featuring just 3 songs, as the rest of the show is copyrighted allready

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:05

Don’t understand business worth shit but you would think the stones could have bought the rights back to their songs years ago from ABKCO. Yes, they were screwed but wouldn’t it be beneficial in the long run to themselves and heirs. Can someone explain this to me in simplistic terms? LOL but confused

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:12

Bashlets
Don’t understand business worth shit but you would think the stones could have bought the rights back to their songs years ago from ABKCO. Yes, they were screwed but wouldn’t it be beneficial in the long run to themselves and heirs. Can someone explain this to me in simplistic terms? LOL but confused

@Rocky Dijon

Date: January 2, 2020 00:13

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
S.T.P

and besides, one can't make much money out of a release featuring just 3 songs, as the rest of the show is copyrighted allready

Are you thinking of the 3 bonus tracks on the new edition of the movie? I was refering to SFM, DHG, Etc.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:16

I cannot see what's going on. I just know that every time we get to a deluxe release from ABKCO, something happens, it sucks. The Let It Bleed Deluxe sucked big time. I don't know what's going on. Who's doing what? It's just an ownership scuffle. All I can ask you, ABKCO, is like the whole thing, like, this could be the most beautiful Deluxe Box Set we've had for this century. You know and we've really - Why, don't, let's - get up man - let's get it together! I can't do any more than just ask you. To beg you - just to keep it together. You can do it! It's wihin your power. Everyone. Every one. ABKCO. Everybody. Let's just keep ourselves together. You know, if we, if we are all one - let's show we're all one! Release these as 50th Ya-Ya's '69 Tour Deluxe Set!

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:21

Since the tracks have disappeared and the labeling was a bit of a mess here's an overview of what was available (130 tracks, some were posted twice):

1969-11-07 Fort Collins, Moby Gymnasium
- I'm Free
- Honky Tonk Women

1969-11-08 Los Angeles, Inglewood Forum (1st or 2nd?)
- Introduction (posted twice)
- JJF

1969-11-09 Oakland 1st
complete show

1969-11-09 Oakland 2nd
complete show except for Live With Me and Street Fighting Man

1969-11-11 Phoenix
- You Gotta Move

1969-11-15 Champaign 1st
complete show (Love In Vain, Prodigal Son, Under My Thumb and Street Fighting Man were posted twice)

1969-11-27 New York City, MSG
complete show

1969-11-28 New York City, MSG 1st
- JJF
- Carol
- Sympathy

1969-11-28 New York City, MSG 2nd
complete show

1969-11-30 West Palm Beach
complete show except for Honky Tonk Women

1969-12-06 Altamont
complete show

Studio (17 tracks)
- Brown Sugar (alternate Hot Rocks version)
- Gimme Shelter (alternate version)
- Gimme Shelter (early version)
- Gimme Shelter (Keith Richards on lead vocal)
- Honky Tonk Women (alternate lyric version)
- Honky Tonk Women (country rock instrumental version)
- Let It Bleed (Olympic Sound April - instrumental)
- Love In Vain (bluesier version)
- Midnight Rambler (instrumental)
- Ruby Tuesday
- Sister Morphhie (early version)
- Stray Cat Blues (Olympic Sound April)
- Sympathy for the Devil (Olympic Sound April - with vocals)
- Wild Horses (alternate Hot Rocks version)
- Wild Horses (with strings and glass harmonica)
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (choir sessions)
- You Got The Silver (Mick Jagger on lead vocal)

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:38

MrEcho
Since the tracks have disappeared and the labeling was a bit of a mess here's an overview of what was available (130 tracks, some were posted twice):

- I'm Free
- Honky Tonk Women

- JJF

1969-11-09 Oakland 1st
complete show

1969-11-09 Oakland 2nd

1969-11-11 Phoenix
- You Gotta Move

1969-11-15 Champaign 1st
complete show (Love In Vain, Prodigal Son, Under My Thumb and Street Fighting Man were posted twice)

complete show

- JJF
- Carol
- Sympathy

complete show

1969-12-06 Altamont
complete show

Studio (17 tracks)
- Ruby Tuesday

I wonder why Ruby Tuesday wasn't originally labeled as alternate version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-02 00:40 by U2Stonesfan.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:50

It's all pointless. All gone. We may never hear 'good' releases of this music in our lifetime. If the crappy BB and LIB ABKCO anniversary releases are an indicator, we ain't getting anything nice. And there is nice stuff out there.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:57

S.T.P
Are you thinking of the 3 bonus tracks on the new edition of the movie? I was refering to SFM, DHG, Etc.

My bad, it's not "3", I just had that number in mind when writing, beause of them bonus-tracks....which unrelated to what we're discussing. But what I meant was that there's just a tiny portion of the show that's not copyrighted as of now

Date: January 2, 2020 01:16

This link tells a bit about the releases. I guess none of us know the real story behind the releases.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:46

aw I missed watching most of those, although I checked a couple when it was first posted. Now they are all gone? Phooey.

So there was video of the complete Altamont set? What would the source of that have been, Maysleys bros? Or some other one camera shoot? I really wish I could have seen that.

But I believe if those clips were posted by anyone near "official" (with abkco that is) then it is destined to raise its head again, possibly in better quality than the couple clips I saw.

Really kicking myself for not staying in last night, nye and all, and watching them.

An aside, I am heartened to hear others expressing less than positive vibes at the LIB "anniversary" edition. It just didn't look like much value for money in my mind. Ya Yas, on the other hand, I thought they did a decent job of added value what with the support acts and the bonus tracks. Didn't check out BB because like LIB it didn't look to impressive to me.

jb

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:53

thanks for the link to the article, that explains a lot. Copyright protection.

jb

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 2, 2020 05:14

ThePaleRider
I cannot see what's going on. I just know that every time we get to a deluxe release from ABKCO, something happens, it sucks. The Let It Bleed Deluxe sucked big time. I don't know what's going on. Who's doing what? It's just an ownership scuffle. All I can ask you, ABKCO, is like the whole thing, like, this could be the most beautiful Deluxe Box Set we've had for this century. You know and we've really - Why, don't, let's - get up man - let's get it together! I can't do any more than just ask you. To beg you - just to keep it together. You can do it! It's wihin your power. Everyone. Every one. ABKCO. Everybody. Let's just keep ourselves together. You know, if we, if we are all one - let's show we're all one! Release these as 50th Ya-Ya's '69 Tour Deluxe Set!

Lol. So good. Funny thing is most of us can recite Jagger's word for word from Altamont. That was great. Cheers!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 2, 2020 06:08

Nice job axl79 to save some of these gems wow really nice! Happy new year all!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 2, 2020 07:21

slew
They miss the mark often with what they release officially. From the vault there has not been a good one now for a while. All recent stuff.

I think there has been some good recent stuff. I am waiting for Paris 2017, and maybe some other No Filter stuff.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 2, 2020 07:33

ThePaleRider
I'll bet a lot of the 1969 live stuff ends up on 50th anniversary Ya-Yas Box...at least I hope so.

Shouldn't that have been released already? If they do release it, I will buy it of course.

plexi

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 2, 2020 08:11

U2Stonesfan
MrEcho

- I'm Free
- Honky Tonk Women

- JJF

1969-11-09 Oakland 1st
complete show

1969-11-09 Oakland 2nd

1969-11-11 Phoenix
- You Gotta Move

1969-11-15 Champaign 1st

complete show

- JJF
- Carol
- Sympathy

complete show

1969-12-06 Altamont
complete show

Studio (17 tracks)
- Ruby Tuesday

I wonder why Ruby Tuesday wasn't originally labeled as alternate version?

Ruby Tuesday was from April 69, sounds like a studio rehearsal.

Date: January 2, 2020 09:16

ThePaleRider

Ha ha hagrinning smiley Just relax, lets get into a groove

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: January 2, 2020 09:54

Can Ruby Tuesday and Stray cat blues have been rehearsals (Spring, April-May) for the coming Hyde Park concert of June 1969.

Date: January 2, 2020 10:41

timbernardis
ThePaleRider

Shouldn't that have been released already? If they do release it, I will buy it of course.

plexi

I thought so, too, but Ya Yas was released in 1970 smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home