Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20
Re: New ABKCO copyright releases
Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: January 1, 2020 16:18

When I was scrolling through the videos I was really hoping that we might finally hear this one in its entirety. Maybe someday...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2020 16:52

axl79
The tone can be removed easily with Audacity, use Effect -> Notch Filter. 500Hz 20dB.

It works!! It WORKS!! It works better than De Niro's CGI facelift in "The Irishman"! grinning smiley

Date: January 1, 2020 17:23

Variety's on the case :

[variety.com]

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 1, 2020 17:45

barbabang
The Gimme Shelter early version is a live rehearsel version with ronnie wood. Sounds very recent to my ears too. Nineties?

Strange choice for ABCKO is't it?

Sounds like the 78 tour rehearsals version from Woodstock 78 to me.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 1, 2020 17:46

dcba
axl79
The tone can be removed easily with Audacity, use Effect -> Notch Filter. 500Hz 20dB.

It works!! It WORKS!! It works better than De Niro's CGI facelift in "The Irishman"! grinning smiley

dcba. I need some pointers. I am forcing myself to learn this new technology.I downloaded 4k U Tube to mp3 where you can take audio from U Tube. I also downloaded Audacity. Can you walk me through the steps you took using Audacity? Thanks- (trying to teach and old dog new tricks).

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 1, 2020 17:58

They miss the mark often with what they release officially. From the vault there has not been a good one now for a while. All recent stuff.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 1, 2020 18:09

typically obnoxious abcko move

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 18:12

Nikkei

This is the last straw for me, I will ever give those bastards another cent of my money. These all should have been on the boxed set - so ridiculous

Date: January 1, 2020 18:20

Sighunt

dcba. I need some pointers.

Well you start Audcity and you drag the file you intend to rework into AC's window.
Then, when the file's loaded, click on "Effects" (it's at the very top of your comp). Then scroll down the "Effects" column till you find the "Notch Filter".
Enter the parameters Al79 provided (500 & 20) then process the file.

When it's done look for the "Files" column (again it's at the very top of your computer). Scroll down the "Files" column till you find the "Export the audio" command... Click! Click!
Bingo! You're done.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 1, 2020 18:28

dcba
Sighunt

dcba. I need some pointers.

Well you start Audcity and you drag the file you intend to rework into AC's window.
Then, when the file's loaded, click on "Effects" (it's at the very top of your comp). Then scroll down the "Effects" column till you find the "Notch Filter".
Enter the parameters Al79 provided (500 & 20) then process the file.

When it's done look for the "Files" column (again it's at the very top of your computer). Scroll down the "Files" column till you find the "Export the audio" command... Click! Click!
Bingo! You're done.

OK- I'm going to try it out and see if it works for me. Thank you (and happy New Year)!

Date: January 1, 2020 18:52

No problem!
Eventually a "clean" version of this material will be posted here.
I'm currently listening to the 22 minutes of Jagger with the London Bach Choir and it's super-moving stuff...

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 1, 2020 18:58

Lynd8
Nikkei

This is the last straw for me, I will ever give those bastards another cent of my money. These all should have been on the boxed set - so ridiculous

You will then have to ban the band’s own releases as well. It’s partly their fault ABKCO will have to make moves like this.
Do you really ABKCO would not release these outtakes if they had the green light?
It’s the band themselves who has put their foot down and it’s common knowledge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 19:03 by Blueranger.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 1, 2020 19:03

barbabang
SFTD is that something like a R&R Circus rehearsel take?

I agree. That, Stray Cat, Rambler sound similar, as far as guitars etc., to RnRC audio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 19:09 by JMARKO.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 1, 2020 19:06

Hmm, yeah this is all great but I continue to have skepticism for ABCKO. Hopefully they do something redeeming in the near future.

Date: January 1, 2020 19:13

JMARKO
barbabang
SFTD is that something like a R&R Circus rehearsel take?

I agree. That, Stray Cat, Rambler sound similar, as far as guitars etc., to RnRC audio.

Imho Stray Cat & Rambler sound different.The drum sound is fuller than on the take of sympathy = Stray Cat & Rambler could have been recorded in a proper studio.
And no comment yet on the "spaced-out" version of "Wild Horses"? grinning smiley

And the "blusier" version of LIV could in fact be what Nico describes on his site as LIV I = it comes from 1968! I find this highly plausible as Jagger sings thisone more or less like he sings "Come On In My Kitchen".
"A true sensation"! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 19:34 by dcba.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 1, 2020 19:13

frankotero
Hmm, yeah this is all great but I continue to have skepticism for ABCKO. Hopefully they do something redeeming in the near future.

Again, ABKCO have been forced to make a move like this, as the band themselves have the final say on releasing outtakes.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 1, 2020 19:15

Cristiano Radtke
doitywoik
No longer available. sad smiley

They're still there: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks, your link works also for me. The link in the initial post just gives me "video not available".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 21:47 by doitywoik.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: January 1, 2020 19:59

Great New Years Day fun!
Interesting they put up the boot of West Palm Beach - maybe there is a multitrack?
Same for Oakland.
If there is no multitrack - why post? Any thoughts?

West Palm
[www.youtube.com]

Oakland
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 1, 2020 20:07

soundboard
Great New Years Day fun!
Interesting they put up the boot of West Palm Beach - maybe there is a multitrack?
Same for Oakland.

West Palm
[www.youtube.com]

Oakland
[www.youtube.com]

Why preserve their rights? To prevent bootleggers or other companies to make money off those shows.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 1, 2020 20:09

[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: January 1, 2020 20:34

Thanks Dandelion

Date: January 1, 2020 20:40

Now put behind a password barrier.

"Private video
Sign in if you've been granted access to this video"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 1, 2020 20:41

Tornandfrayed
What a shame we need to listen to these crappy Youtube streams and this material has not gotten the proper 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition treatment like so many other artist's classic albums and live recordings.

To me, these are the band´s historically most important live gigs and among their finest Performances ever.

But instead we are treated with such "acclaimed" performances like Bremen'98 and all the rest of the Vegas tour garbage they have thrown at us recently.

How true !

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: January 1, 2020 21:00

axl79

The Rolling Stones - Love In Vain - (1969 Bluesier version) wo tone
[mega.nz]

Ruby Tuesday
[mega.nz]

Wild Horses (with strings and glass harmonica)
[mega.nz]

You Can't Always Get What You Want - choir sessions
[mega.nz]

Sister Morphine - 1969 Early versioN
[mega.nz]

My New Years hero!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 21:13

These copyright releases are AMAZING. A great way to enter 2020. Listening to the Choir Sessions for YCAGWYW sends chills down my spine. Here they are, working through what is perhaps the greatest choir section in rock and roll history. Mick laughing having a great time with the choir is just fantastic. Little did they know on that day, March 15th, 1969, they'd be working on a piece of history, an absolute work of art.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 1, 2020 21:16

Erik_Snow
Tornandfrayed
What a shame we need to listen to these crappy Youtube streams and this material has not gotten the proper 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition treatment like so many other artist's classic albums and live recordings.

To me, these are the band´s historically most important live gigs and among their finest Performances ever.

But instead we are treated with such "acclaimed" performances like Bremen'98 and all the rest of the Vegas tour garbage they have thrown at us recently.

Yeah!
How true !

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: January 1, 2020 21:44

U2Stonesfan
axl79

The Rolling Stones - Love In Vain - (1969 Bluesier version) wo tone
[mega.nz]

Ruby Tuesday
[mega.nz]

Wild Horses (with strings and glass harmonica)
[mega.nz]

You Can't Always Get What You Want - choir sessions
[mega.nz]

Sister Morphine - 1969 Early versioN
[mega.nz]

My New Years hero!

Mine too

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: January 1, 2020 21:45

I don't get ABKCO releases politics. I know they want to suck our money as long as it's possible. Wouldn't It be better if they put all these extra tracks on bonus cd/vinyl in LIB box? I don't know how many coppies has been sold but i think around 50 000. With an extra disc it wound be 10 times more. I know someday they'll put out all the stuff from the vault but it's such a shame.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 1, 2020 22:08

DandelionPowderman
soundboard
Great New Years Day fun!
Same for Oakland.

West Palm
[www.youtube.com]

Oakland
[www.youtube.com]

Why preserve their rights? To prevent bootleggers or other companies to make money off those shows.

I can see the purpose of the issues but I thought The Stones.org had to approve all releases of previously unreleased material.
So, are we to assume they have given approval?

Date: January 1, 2020 22:18

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
soundboard
Great New Years Day fun!
Same for Oakland.

West Palm
[www.youtube.com]

Oakland
[www.youtube.com]

I can see the purpose of the issues but I thought The Stones.org had to approve all releases of previously unreleased material.
So, are we to assume they have given approval?

Would think so, yes.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home