Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 20
New ABKCO copyright releases
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 1, 2020 02:59

This one and more on youtube.

[youtu.be]

Write “69RSTrax” on youtube.
There are 106(!) tracks, live and studio.
Unfortunately, a good deal of them are ‘watermarked’.
Grab them before they disappear.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 03:10 by Blueranger.

Re: New ABKCO copyright releases
Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: January 1, 2020 03:30

Thanks! Some cool stuff from '69... I'd love to have these in an official release, although a lot of the live stuff seems to be "bootleg" quality, and not multitrack soundboard recordings. But then again, maybe a Zappaesque "ban the boots" type release after all these years? Doesn't seem that likely. Weird that it would have the abkco copyright notice though...

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 1, 2020 06:56

Either my ears are deceiving me but I have spent the last 1/2 hour listening to several live tracks from MSG 11/27/69 (Stray Cat blues, Midnight Rambler, Live With Me, Queenie) and 11/28/69 (Jack Flash, Sympathy for the Devil, Queenie) that sound close to the raw, undubbed soundboards (??) that I have never heard before in this quality!! Somebody clue me in here and tell me where these came from because those tracks are awesome and do not sound like audience recordings!!!

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 08:15 by Sighunt.

Date: January 1, 2020 08:04

I know that it is New Years and everyone may be preoccupied but has anyone heard these live recordings on U Tube from MSG 1969 from 11/27 & 11/28? THis is absolutely great stuff! (I have listened to Jack Flash from all three Garden shows!) This is like the holy grail if you are a Stones MSG 69 lover! As a Stones collector, I've waited something like 40+ years to hear these recordings in this type of quality from my favorite Stones tour. I am old school and not very techno savvy. How does one save these files to computer?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 08:23 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 1, 2020 08:53

The Olympic Sound Studios versions from 1969, for most of them are new to me.
Where does Ruby Tuesday come from is a mystery ?
N.Z doesn't list it in 1969.
Those outtakes would have been great with the LIB anniversary, another missed opportunity as usual.

HMN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 1, 2020 10:49

great!
But a lot of things seemed to be mixed up – it's 130 tracks but some seem to appear more than once, see: [www.youtube.com]

has anybody already made a complete list?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2020 11:12

Honestman

A mistake? The “69RSTrax” YT channel also lists a raw version of "Stray Cat Blues" from... 1969. winking smiley
Anyway I love the fast take of GS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 11:13 by dcba.

Date: January 1, 2020 11:34

btw: I really don't understand ABKCO. Why didn't they put all this stuff on a couple of CDs and add them to the Let It Bleed box they releases in 2019? That would have made that box really worthwhile buying

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2020 11:52

What I don't understand is why they included bootleg recordings in their "ABCKO vault" like Oakland or L.A.
"Ken and Dub" must be in heaven : this is the ultimate honor for them! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 1, 2020 12:16

A shame ABKCO's putting an annoying bleeb sound in virtually everything. We are not worthy of course to listen to these songs.

Date: January 1, 2020 12:23

dcba
What I don't understand is why they included bootleg recordings in their "ABCKO vault" like Oakland or L.A.
"Ken and Dub" must be in heaven : this is the ultimate honor for them! >grinning smiley<

barbabang
A shame ABKCO's putting an annoying bleeb sound in virtually everything. We are not worthy of course to listen to these songs.

well, the only reason to release that stuff is to keep the copyright.
The bleeb sound is most likely add to prevent that people make money with these recordings and to have the option for a proper release in the future

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 1, 2020 12:40

slewan

btw: I really don't understand ABKCO. Why didn't they put all this stuff on a couple of CDs and add them to the Let It Bleed box they releases in 2019?

Because they need a reason why we have to buy the upcoming Anniversary-Boxes in 2029, 2039, 2049 .... where we'll find all this stuff there .... winking smiley

Date: January 1, 2020 13:07

I really appreciate the way Columbia Records/Sony deals with Bob Dylan's legacy: Regular releases of new volumes of the 'Bootleg Series' plus boxes with live recordings as well as copyright collections. And everything comes with track lists and liner notes, photos and in well designed packages (except for the copyright collections). I'd really wish that the Rolling Stones releases would meet these standards.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 1, 2020 13:42

dcba
Honestman

A mistake? The “69RSTrax” YT channel also lists a raw version of "Stray Cat Blues" from... 1969. winking smiley
Anyway I love the fast take of GS!

Yeah agreed, this is what I have grabbed so far, but as someone says , not sure if I got'em all, sometimes the list doesn't show all the tracks.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 13:42 by Honestman.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: January 1, 2020 13:59

slewan
btw: I really don't understand ABKCO. Why didn't they put all this stuff on a couple of CDs and add them to the Let It Bleed box they releases in 2019? That would have made that box really worthwhile buying
I agree. Some of this material is so great and historically important that it is a disgrace to see them p*ss it into the wind like that (with watermarks and apparently built in breaks and silent parts to render the tracks almost useless). This should have been a proper Copyright/Anniversary Collection like Bob Dylan's, but instead we got Bridges To Bremen/Buenos Aires.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 1, 2020 14:14

Those studio versions are great, especially Wild Horses with strings and glass harmonica. Too bad there's a high pitch tone in almost every track, though.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 1, 2020 14:15

The MSG 1969 stuff is unbelievably good. This is the holy grail right there.

It appears 27-11 and 28-11 late are complete. 28-11 early has only 3 tracks unless I missed the rest.

Too bad about the compressed audio and watermark tone. Maybe the high pitch tone can be eliminated somehow.

What a shame we need to listen to these crappy Youtube streams and this material has not gotten the proper 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition treatment like so many other artist's classic albums and live recordings.

To me, these are the band´s historically most important live gigs and among their finest Performances ever.

But instead we are treated with such "acclaimed" performances like Bremen'98 and all the rest of the Vegas tour garbage they have thrown at us recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 14:15 by Tornandfrayed.

Date: January 1, 2020 14:22

MrEcho
slewan
I agree. Some of this material is so great and historically important that it is a disgrace to see them p*ss it into the wind like that (with watermarks and apparently built in breaks and silent parts to render the tracks almost useless). This should have been a proper Copyright/Anniversary Collection like Bob Dylan's, but instead we got Bridges To Bremen/Buenos Aires.

Sadly, I agree with everything you said along with other posters comments. I am so used to getting *ucked by Abkco re: their releases, that for me I am tolerating the "high Pitch tone" in order to enjoy "the crumbs" they have bestowed upon me with these MSG recordings that will most likely see an "official" light of day after I'm dead. This is how Abkco rewards loyal fans who buy their products.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 14:27 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 1, 2020 14:26

Sighunt
Either my ears are deceiving me but I have spent the last 1/2 hour listening to several live tracks from MSG 11/27/69 (Stray Cat blues, Midnight Rambler, Live With Me, Queenie) and 11/28/69 (Jack Flash, Sympathy for the Devil, Queenie) that sound close to the raw, undubbed soundboards (??) that I have never heard before in this quality!! Somebody clue me in here and tell me where these came from because those tracks are awesome and do not sound like audience recordings!!!

These are mixdowns from the original multitracks. Excellent quality if they were uncompressed and without the watermark tone. They Sound like properly mixed and ready for official release.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 1, 2020 14:37

Tornandfrayed
The MSG 1969 stuff is unbelievably good. This is the holy grail right there.

It appears 27-11 and 28-11 late are complete. 28-11 early has only 3 tracks unless I missed the rest.

Too bad about the compressed audio and watermark tone. Maybe the high pitch tone can be eliminated somehow.

What a shame we need to listen to these crappy Youtube streams and this material has not gotten the proper 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition treatment like so many other artist's classic albums and live recordings.

To me, these are the band´s historically most important live gigs and among their finest Performances ever.

But instead we are treated with such "acclaimed" performances like Bremen'98 and all the rest of the Vegas tour garbage they have thrown at us recently.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

This last hour I've ben downloading this stuff; as being said there are duplicate entries, which I deleted. I now have over 90 files in my folder and I hope I got all of it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 14:55 by Rank Stranger.

Date: January 1, 2020 14:38

The Gimme Shelter early version is a live rehearsel version with ronnie wood. Sounds very recent to my ears too. Nineties?

Strange choice for ABCKO is't it?

Date: January 1, 2020 14:51

SFTD is that something like a R&R Circus rehearsel take?

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: January 1, 2020 15:09

Remove high pitched noise from audio: [dyork.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 15:31

OMG the loud high pitch added annoyance is killing me. This is like being in hell and a drink of water is behind locked glass sad smiley

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 15:37

The tone can be removed easily with Audacity, use Effect -> Notch Filter. 500Hz 20dB.

The Rolling Stones - Love In Vain - (1969 Bluesier version) wo tone
[mega.nz]

Ruby Tuesday
[mega.nz]

Wild Horses (with strings and glass harmonica)
[mega.nz]

You Can't Always Get What You Want - choir sessions
[mega.nz]

Sister Morphine - 1969 Early versioN
[mega.nz]

WE link:
[we.tl]

Here comes a re-upload of the first part.

I have re-tagged the files and removed some remaining "bleeps".

[we.tl]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-04 21:47 by axl79.

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: January 1, 2020 15:45

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing the links. I put a couple of the tracks into Logic and used the EQ to bring down the watermark tone, which is between 510Hz - 600Hz. I lost a little bit of definition in some of the instrumentation but it was definitely easier on the ears.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 15:50

axl79
The tone can be removed easily with Audacity, use Effect -> Notch Filter. 500Hz 20dB.

Thanks so much - worked!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 1, 2020 16:03

No longer available. sad smiley

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 16:08

The audio watermark is killing me.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 1, 2020 16:10

doitywoik
No longer available. sad smiley

They're still there: [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home