Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Did Ronnie just show us the next Stones album cover?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 1, 2020 11:45

Well they already ripped off a Nazi painting for IORR, so why not...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2020 12:00

Rokyfan
Besides being a crap knockoff, the opposite of art, it chooses to parody a brutal event, the destruction of a Spanish town by nazi-backed fascists. Not funny. obviously [Ron] is removed from all perspective.

You said it better than me. One has to remember "Guernica" = 300 deaths in 1937.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 12:01 by dcba.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: January 1, 2020 12:28

I love Ronnie, but this is bad taste, as others have stated above. It's insulting. Maybe He should withdraw it and destroy it.

Re: New Ronnie Wood artwork
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 1, 2020 13:47

It is strange that he puts out something like that, he does not do himself a favor. Does he not have some advisers who could save him from such a disgrace? He obviously lives outside reality.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: January 1, 2020 13:58

deteled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 11:08 by rara.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 1, 2020 22:34

If it was a drawing made in a lunchbreak to keep for himself, then OK, but selling and publishing this....jeez - how tasteless, ignorant and clueless.
I saw somebody here wrote "I like it because it's controversal".....you aren't "controversal" by being disrepectful to human tragedies, you're being distasteful and/or doesn't know much outside one's own bubble

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-01 22:53 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 1, 2020 23:28

<you aren't "controversal" by being disrepectful to human tragedies, you're being distasteful and/or doesn't know much outside one's own bubble>

The disagreement about just that may make it art, or something smoking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 1, 2020 23:33

DandelionPowderman

The disagreement about just that may make it art, or something smoking smiley

Picasso's work was art of human tragedy, which might have offended somebody at the time, but to make a "rolling stones tribute" out of Picasso's art...good grief

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:09

[shop.ronniewood.com]

" The Destruction Of A Civilised Riff

€1785.00
Back in stock soon

Product code
7804508O
Format
Art

Ronnie's amazing re-imagining of one of the most important and powerful works ever commited to canvas.

Digital Print
Printed Onto Somerset Enhanced Velvet, 330GSM Paper
Edition Of 50
Image Size - 47 X 90 CM
Paper Size - 60 X 98 CM "

Really Ronnie...?
How low can you go...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 2, 2020 00:43

Erik_Snow

I saw somebody here wrote "I like it because it's controversal".....you aren't "controversal" by being disrepectful to human tragedies, you're being distasteful and/or doesn't know much outside one's own bubble

And I stand by it.. But the actual quote was "that it's controversial.. *here*, makes me like it even more". "Fans" of Ronnie's music, are the harshest critics of his art, regardless of subject matter. So when there's this much faux "outrage" (the Lego interpretation was fine apparently, yet Ronnie's a "retard), it does make me more likely to add it to the collection, like a lot of the stones music, some of the best was some of the most controversial.

It's an interesting piece in its own right. Lots of people like art for different reasons. I have looked at in person at probably hundreds of different pieces of Ronnie's and yet have only found less than ten that I have or plan to purchase.
To each his own when it comes to art, obviously, but to portray it as some kind of sacrilege when it's the opposite is absurd.
Like it, don't like it, but for gawds sake unclinch, it's Art.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:11

MisterDDDD
Like it, don't like it, but for gawds sake unclinch, it's Art.

Sure, so is "Dirty Work"...but that's not the question...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:20

Maybe next he'll do a rendering of the Twin Towers exploding in flames with the likeness of Keith and Mick rising up from the smoke over each tower.
Yeah it could be considered art, and some would possibly even like it because of the controversial nature, but that doesn't make it appropriate.
It's poor judgment plain and simple as is the case with Ronnie's latest piece of crap - not sure how he could even be proud of something so tasteless.

"I hope and think he'd (Picasso) be flattered, but also a bit shocked and pleasantly surprised at my take on his work.” - Ronnie

Picasso being "flattered" and "pleasantly surprised" by Ronnie Wood mocking his work? No, but he'd be shocked and disgusted, and would probably want to burn it.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:23

Hmmm ...I think Ronnie has a talent. I have his book and enjoy it. He has easy access to The Stones and other celebs for his subject matter but when he tries other things they also are usually good and likeable images (and sculpture)

This though, maybe he wasn't thinking all the way through, should be withdrawn if he has any sense.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:29

What would Andrew Loog Oldham do?

jb

Date: January 2, 2020 01:31

Hairball
Maybe next he'll do a rendering of the Twin Towers exploding in flames with the likeness of Keith and Mick rising up from the smoke over each tower.
Yeah it could be considered art, and some would possibly even like it because of the controversial nature, but that doesn't make it appropriate.
It's poor judgment plain and simple as is the case with Ronnie's latest piece of crap - not sure how he could even be proud of something so tasteless.

"I hope and think he'd (Picasso) be flattered, but also a bit shocked and pleasantly surprised at my take on his work.” - Ronnie

Picasso being "flattered" and "pleasantly surprised" by Ronnie Wood mocking his work? No, but he'd be shocked and disgusted, and would probably want to burn it.

Sounds like it's the subject matter then. Take it up with Picasso as he was the one that depicted the equivelent of the twin towers.
In what world is him respectfully attempting to pay homage to the piece by reimagining it "mocking"? Cause it ain't this one. I bet Picasso would love it.

Also, here's Lego's contact info as I'm certain everyone so (faux) outraged can't wait to write them in belated protest for their rendition eye rolling smiley
[www.lego.com]

Date: January 2, 2020 01:39

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Sounds like it's the subject matter then. Take it up with Picasso as he was the one that depicted the equivelent of the twin towers.
In what world is him respectfully attempting to pay homage to the piece by reimagining it "mocking"? Cause it ain't this one. I bet Picasso would love it.

Also, here's Lego's contact info as I'm certain everyone so (faux) outraged can't wait to write them in belated protest for their rendition eye rolling smiley
[www.lego.com]

No you got it wrong - Picsasso did not superimpose musicians on a masterpiece painting that had such deep subject matter. He made an original painting with a message of the atrocities of war.
Yet here is Ronnie goofing around with it and turning it into something much less important - i.e. mocking it. How is that an homage?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 2, 2020 01:54

doing this print, Ronnie seems to be saying human tragedy, violence, unbelievable pain and suffering, is OK to profit from. And his weird print, a bad joke compared to the work its very loosely based on, is selling. So he’s using the Stones name and logo to crudely ape one of the strongest pieces of art ever made. Guess that’s OK..

Date: January 2, 2020 02:05

Hairball

No you got it wrong - Picsasso did not superimpose musicians on a masterpiece painting that had such deep subject matter. He made an original painting with a message of the atrocities of war.
Yet here is Ronnie goofing around with it and turning it into something much less important - i.e. mocking it. How is that an homage?

Love Art that makes people think, learn, and perhaps even squirm regardless of the reason. Seems this piece has done all of that.

It's an homage because that is the artist's sincerely stated intent.
That's how.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 2, 2020 02:38

If Ronnie gets to think, learn and even sqirm as a result of this, I guess that's better than nothing

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 2, 2020 02:52

Hairball

... and Ronnie and Charlie-shaped planes hitting the towers, or some such thing ...

To me, also Ronnie's earlier takes on Picasso were, let's say, unnecessary. Ronnie certainly sees it as a homage to Picasso, and as long as he restricts himself to stonifying dancing scenes, well, if he thinks it's necessary, let him do it. Guernica was certainly as strong and impressive a visual image to him as it is to (presumably) anyyone but it seems he only recognized the surface image but didn't realize that Guernica also conveys meaning. If it weren't the Stones he's depicting one might feel reminded of schoolboy versions of Guernica involving your most-hated teachers, or the like.

Anyway, there's a mile or two between Ronnie and, say, Don Van Vleet (Captain Beefheart).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-02 05:13 by doitywoik.

Date: January 2, 2020 03:09

Perhaps some people who appreciate (and defend) Ronnie's latest don't quite understand the significance and importance of Picasso's original or the event that it depicts - Ronnie certainly doesn't.
Not only is the original a document of a human tragedy and a specific event, it has become a reminder of all that war is - hell on earth. It has evolved beyond that specific tragedy (Guernica)
to become a memorial to all who have lost their lives and/or loved ones because of war throughout history. Yet Ronnie doesn't see it this way, and decided to turn it in to a lighthearted rock and roll tribute.
As someone already mentioned, at least Lego didn't make light of the subject by adding little smily faces - they did a proper homage keeping to the original aesthetics and themes.
Imagine if Ronnie decided to depict the Vietnam Veteran Memorial in a painting, but instead of keeping it appropriately somber, he decided to add Keith and Mick and fans dancing all over it.
Would this be considered a respectful homage to the artist who designed the memorial, or to those who lost their lives in Vietnam along with the grieving family members? I don't think so.
No, it would be a tasteless mockery of tragedy which is exactly what he's done with Picasso's Guernica. Shame on Ronnie for the disrespect and not thinking it through, it was a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 2, 2020 03:30

For all the PC Generals and the Ronnie Art lovers,
here is a chance to make a difference beyond rhetoric and donate generously to The Guernica Center. Feel good!!
[www.guernicacentre.org]

Date: January 2, 2020 04:04

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Love Art that makes people think, learn, and perhaps even squirm regardless of the reason. Seems this piece has done all of that.

That's how.
I have to agree with you DDD on the point re. art. And that great art can be very challenging, and confrontaTional. And bring about those very kind of reactions you speak of.
My problem with that angle is, that I highly doubt that Ron wood thought about those things. What and how did he sincerely state?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 2, 2020 04:21

Palace Revolution 2000
MisterDDDD
Hairball

That's how.
I have to agree with you DDD on the point re. art. And that great art can be very challenging, and confrontaTional. And bring about those very kind of reactions you speak of.
My problem with that angle is, that I highly doubt that Ron wood thought about those things. What and how did he sincerely state?

He stated sincerely that his print will go into a second edition..

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 2, 2020 06:03

Ron's thing is clueless, insipid, conceited.
Displays absolutely no understanding of the meaning and form of Picasso's 11½' x 25½' masterpiece.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 2, 2020 06:27

….. still wanna see Hairball's art-work ….

ROCKMAN

Date: January 2, 2020 08:18

Rockman
….. still wanna see Hairball's art-work ….

If you ever do, I guarantee you won't see any appropriation and/or copying of renowned masterpieces with sensitive subject matter resulting in buffoonish and insulting mockery.

Date: January 2, 2020 08:20

…..come on Hairball..,.. Wanna see some … give us all a lil glimmer

ROCKMAN

Date: January 2, 2020 08:40

Rockman
…..come on Hairball..,.. Wanna see some … give us all a lil glimmer

Many people here have seen and know my art - painting, sculpting, mixed media,installations, etc., etc., etc.
Some of it's political, some of it's social, some of it's controversial, while some of it's none of that, but for you Rockman here's an oldie but goodie wave painting from 1998 - La Costa. 34" x 62" (apprx. 3 by 5 ft.)

But enough of my art - this is a thread about misguided and foolish Ronnie's new painting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-02 08:41 by Hairball.

Date: January 2, 2020 08:53

…Hey that's cool Hairball …. thanks for sharing ….

If ya have a site sling me a link …. love ta see more …..

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home