Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Feud Between Keith and Elton John
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 26, 2019 20:00

Date: December 26, 2019 20:12

filstan
[www.9news.com]

"Access denied"...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 26, 2019 21:37

[youtu.be]

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: December 26, 2019 21:46

Rockman

……………….Keef does W.C Fields .……………………….. 1975 Tour …..

In this Book there's a page w/ Jagger & EJ's phone call about joining them on stage & Jagger saying "Just for the one Number right? & EJ saying "Of course! Afraid I'll steal the show?? Haha!" & there are few photos that look like Billy is mockingly trying to drag EJ off the keyboards, here's some video from that day,,
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 26, 2019 21:52

From Elton's autobiography, Me:

"Cocaine gave me too much confidence for my own good. If I hadn’t been coked out of my head when the Rolling Stones turned up in Colorado and asked me to come onstage with them, I might have just performed 'Honky Tonk Women,' waved to the crowd and made my exit. Instead, I decided it was going so well, I’d stay on and jam along to the rest of their set, without first taking the precaution of asking the Stones if they wanted an auxiliary keyboard player."

"For a while, I thought Keith Richards kept staring at me because he was awestruck by the brilliance of my improvised contributions to their oeuvre. After a few songs, it finally penetrated my brain that the expression on his face wasn’t really suggestive of profound musical appreciation. I quickly scuttled off, noting as I went that Keith was still staring at me in a manner that suggested we’d be discussing this later, and decided it might be best if I didn’t hang around for the after-show party."

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: December 26, 2019 21:55

TooTough
from nme:

[Keith about]
Elton John: “An old bitch… his writing is limited to songs about dead blondes.”

Elton's response: "It would be awful to be like Keith Richards. He’s pathetic.
It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look young. I have
great respect for the Stones but they would have been better if they had thrown
Keith out 15 years ago."

Mirror 2015:

What happened at GQ Awards when Elton John faced off with rival Keith Richards?

When I saw this photo I wondered if it's over and if they made up & what was said at this dinner,

[media.gettyimages.com]

[media.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 26, 2019 23:30

DandelionPowderman
filstan
[www.9news.com]

"Access denied"...

Sorry it isn't able to be viewed. Simple net search will get you there. It's a good writeup of what went down at that 1975 Ft Collins concert.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 27, 2019 02:30

A row between to very wealthy and famous men? Unless it leads to gun play its of no consequence and drug fueled feuds don't count (even if one of them have sobered up). Now if one pops the other one in the eye and they go on to make one of the best documentaries of the 20th century all is forgiven and forgot by default. We still have the Christmas Cards to prove it.

CBII

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 27, 2019 03:17

100 years from now,people will still be listening to the Stonesmusic.I doubt they will be listening to Elton’s.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 27, 2019 03:22

wonderboy

As for Keith -- well, the 'dead blondes' comment was funny, and spot on.

It wasnt spot on. Elton didnt write the lyrics of either song. Bernie Taupin did.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 27, 2019 03:57

CBII
A row between to very wealthy and famous men? Unless it leads to gun play its of no consequence and drug fueled feuds don't count (even if one of them have sobered up). Now if one pops the other one in the eye and they go on to make one of the best documentaries of the 20th century all is forgiven and forgot by default. We still have the Christmas Cards to prove it.

Well said. A great perspective, especially since it involves one of the parties in question.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 27, 2019 05:47

Gazza
wonderboy

As for Keith -- well, the 'dead blondes' comment was funny, and spot on.

It wasnt spot on. Elton didnt write the lyrics of either song. Bernie Taupin did.

Good to see you back on the boards, Gazz.

plexi

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 27, 2019 07:19

slewan
As far as I can see the only autobiographies by pop/rock musicians that were really written by themselves (without journalists lending a helping hand) are Bob Dylans Chronicals and Patti Smith' books

Bill Bruford's autobiography is another hot self-penned candidate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-27 07:33 by doitywoik.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 27, 2019 08:06

I’ve never bought an Elton John record or listened to one of his songs all the way through on the radio.
Having said that,I’ll give credit where credit is due. That ‘Monkey with arthritis” line was fckng stellar.
I’m a Keith fan and a Stones fan obviously but sometimes our heroes get their heads handed to them just like the rest of us.
It’s something ive always admired about gay people,they’ve been messed with their entire lives and if you’re gonna get snarky they’ve heard it all,so get ready for a dagger coming back your way.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 27, 2019 08:18

Taylor1
100 years from now,people will still be listening to the Stonesmusic.I doubt they will be listening to Elton’s.

Do you think so? Elton has sold more albums than our Stones have and I'm sure gets more radio airplay.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 27, 2019 11:48

DGA35
Taylor1

Do you think so? Elton has sold more albums than our Stones have and I'm sure gets more radio airplay.

......And he is still making NEW music. And branched out into film scores and theatre. His charity work for AIDS has been amazing.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 27, 2019 12:54

jlowe
DGA35
Taylor1

......And he is still making NEW music. And branched out into film scores and theatre. His charity work for AIDS has been amazing.

Yes. One just needs to look at his tour numbers for proof of his enduring popularity.

A lot of older fans don't like The Lion King music but it was career genius. It introduced him to a whole new generation.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 27, 2019 14:51

Keith should, in the words of Sir Mick, Get a Grip!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 27, 2019 14:51

Was Mozart more popular than Salieri in his life?No he was not.Salieri actually composed some great music,but he was not the genius Mozart was and today,Salieri is rarely heard

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 28, 2019 05:05

Seen today in a wooden bench in southern Brazil.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 28, 2019 14:12

tonyc
jlowe
DGA35
Taylor1

Yes. One just needs to look at his tour numbers for proof of his enduring popularity.

A lot of older fans don't like The Lion King music but it was career genius. It introduced him to a whole new generation.

Elton John wins highest accolade in new year honours list

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: December 28, 2019 17:13

Taylor1

While not a fan of Reg, his music will endure.

As far as the spat goes? A tempest in a tea cup.

Keith, when asked about it, replied: "That's just Reg. He's pure showbiz"

Reg is Elton John's rel name

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 28, 2019 17:26

Taylor1

Love the optimism. 100 years from now could also become the age where banging sticks and stones together is all the rage. Actual rock music

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: December 28, 2019 20:01

Taylor1
Elton ripped off a lot of Keith’s riffs,like on the Bitch is Back and Saturday Night
Keith has admitted to ripping off numerous Chuck Berry riffs. If IORR is not a ripoff of Chuck Berry I don't know what is.
Keith was wrong to insult and minimize EJs talents and work. Live and let live. Jesus!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-28 20:11 by steverogan.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home