Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Season Greetings and Happy New Stones Year 2020
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 25, 2019 23:54

Happy Christmas, and here's to a great Stonesy New Year.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 26, 2019 03:26

Happy Christmas to you all.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: December 26, 2019 16:38

Merry Christmas,my all have good health and peace.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 26, 2019 16:53

For those looking for something to do tonight! winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: December 26, 2019 17:29

Merry Christmas BV to you and your family. Get some rest for the New Year of touring...

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: December 26, 2019 23:48

BV - I just love any of your Norway stories... merry christmas / god jul!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-26 23:49 by tommyturbo76.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: December 27, 2019 00:21

Happy New Year! smileys with beer

[www.instagram.com]
Keith is playing guitar on the left I think... The 3 stories of his IG daughter. Please note these short videos are ephemeral! And turn on the sound! (to watch rather on the IG application)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 27, 2019 08:05

bv

For us in Norway the biggest day is Julaften which is December 24. It is like Thanksgiving day in USA, all families are together, the biggest meal of the year, and children open gifts.

So what is a traditional Norwegian meal on Julaften? Do the Norwegian teenagers ask for electronics (smart phone, ear buds, computers, apple products, things American teenagers desire)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 27, 2019 11:13

Happy Holidays

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 27, 2019 13:52

The Sicilian
bv

For us in Norway the biggest day is Julaften which is December 24. It is like Thanksgiving day in USA, all families are together, the biggest meal of the year, and children open gifts.

So what is a traditional Norwegian meal on Julaften? Do the Norwegian teenagers ask for electronics (smart phone, ear buds, computers, apple products, things American teenagers desire)

We have the traditional "Julemiddag" i.e. dinner at 5pm on December 24 i.e. Christmas Eve. The table is filled with traditional food like svineribbe (pork rib) or pinnekjøtt (salted or smoked lamb ribs), or cod in the north, or other traditional food, with plenty of vegetables, surkål, kålrotstappe, and of course juleøl, a strong dark sweet beer, is also on the table.

Then at 6pm or so, some times before that, if the kids are small, we are on to the gifts. Most children age 10+ do have a smartphone already, so they get toys, or whatever they are dreaming about. I am a grandfather, so I do not want any gifts, I have what I need, but I got a new mouse mat, some chockolate, training weights, and some warm cloths, as I love wool.

On the 25th, which is the Chrismas Day, we were not allowed to go outside the house in the old days, 50's and 60's, because that was a day of peace and quiet. These days it is a bit different, but still the time from Dec 20 to Jan 2 is a long season of holiday - JUL - where we have plenty of family visits and slow down from the usual higher pace of life.

Since it is dark most of the day, more and more have lights outside, to make it more bright. I think the pre-holiday time is stressful, from November and on, but once Jul is there, and all stores close at 3pm on Dec 24, I love the holiday season and the slower pace of life.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-27 13:55 by bv.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 27, 2019 18:26

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Interesting to read about the Norwegian traditions.

Date: December 27, 2019 19:08

Thanks BV, another thing I've noticed in my part of NY (or maybe all over I'm not sure) we start to see a lot of jarred pickled herring pieces in wine sauce and cream sauce. I'm not sure if that is a Jewish tradition or Scandinavian.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 28, 2019 00:30

The Sicilian
... we start to see a lot of jarred pickled herring pieces in wine sauce and cream sauce. I'm not sure if that is a Jewish tradition or Scandinavian.

I think that is a Swedish traditional thing...

Bjornulf

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 28, 2019 03:02

bv
The Sicilian
... we start to see a lot of jarred pickled herring pieces in wine sauce and cream sauce. I'm not sure if that is a Jewish tradition or Scandinavian.

Might be both, my (Jewish) grandparents always kept herring both in wine and cream in their refrigerator. Back in 1983, my first trip to Sweden, I had a buffet lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm and I remember they had herring in about 8 different sauces.

Date: December 28, 2019 04:44

BluzDude
bv
The Sicilian

Might be both, my (Jewish) grandparents always kept herring both in wine and cream in their refrigerator. Back in 1983, my first trip to Sweden, I had a buffet lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm and I remember they had herring in about 8 different sauces.

Which is your favorite? I've wanted to try one but can't make the plunge. I'm thinking the cream one might be tastier recipe. We only get those two flavors, I wonder what else is available. But when it comes to sardines, I'll eat them all.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 28, 2019 05:29

The Sicilian
BluzDude
bv
The Sicilian

Which is your favorite? I've wanted to try one but can't make the plunge. I'm thinking the cream one might be tastier recipe. We only get those two flavors, I wonder what else is available. But when it comes to sardines, I'll eat them all.

It's a matter of taste, personally I probably prefer the wine because the cream is a bit rich for me unless I only eat a couple pieces.

Date: December 28, 2019 14:58

bv
The Sicilian
bv

We have the traditional "Julemiddag" i.e. dinner at 5pm on December 24 i.e. Christmas Eve. The table is filled with traditional food like svineribbe (pork rib) or pinnekjøtt (salted or smoked lamb ribs), or cod in the north, or other traditional food, with plenty of vegetables, surkål, kålrotstappe, and of course juleøl, a strong dark sweet beer, is also on the table.

Then at 6pm or so, some times before that, if the kids are small, we are on to the gifts. Most children age 10+ do have a smartphone already, so they get toys, or whatever they are dreaming about. I am a grandfather, so I do not want any gifts, I have what I need, but I got a new mouse mat, some chockolate, training weights, and some warm cloths, as I love wool.

On the 25th, which is the Chrismas Day, we were not allowed to go outside the house in the old days, 50's and 60's, because that was a day of peace and quiet. These days it is a bit different, but still the time from Dec 20 to Jan 2 is a long season of holiday - JUL - where we have plenty of family visits and slow down from the usual higher pace of life.

Since it is dark most of the day, more and more have lights outside, to make it more bright. I think the pre-holiday time is stressful, from November and on, but once Jul is there, and all stores close at 3pm on Dec 24, I love the holiday season and the slower pace of life.

Don't forget the aquavit, Bjørnulf winking smiley

Happy New Year
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: December 31, 2019 23:08

Happy New Year to all IORR members! Let's have a great 2020 with a new Stones tour!smileys with beer
The Rolling Stones Greece

Re: Happy New Year
Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: December 31, 2019 23:34

hny

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 1, 2020 00:37

Best Wishes to you all, here in New Zealand the day has dawned clear expected high 27 degrees celsius UV factor extreme, be careful out there if your heading into the sun, plenty of sunscreen 30+ upf.

Have a great year ahead all Iorrians cool smiley

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: January 1, 2020 00:58

Happy New Year,I wish you good health.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 1, 2020 02:01

smileys with beer

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 1, 2020 04:05

Happy New Year to everyone!hot smiley

Posted by: winos ()
Date: January 1, 2020 06:14

Less than a happy new year for much of eastern Australia coastal areas where hundreds of thousands of hectares continue to burn and many lives are lost. I've lived here all my life and never seen anything like it in my 61 years!

Unfortunately we have a climate change denying government who are doing nothing to reduce emission targets here.

Rural fire services are doing an incredible job with limited resources. More backup is coming from our Canadian and American friends but these fires will continue to burn for weeks or months if there's no rain soon.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 1, 2020 06:23

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 1, 2020 07:03

Just turned over into 2020 where I am.

Here's to the best 2020 and a Stones tour for all! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 1, 2020 07:20

Peace and well being for the new year - and always - to all who pass this way.

Date: January 1, 2020 07:24

Happy New Year! Greetings from Taco-land aka Mexico smileys with beerwinking smiley

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 1, 2020 10:11

Hello,

Very, very bestest ones to all IORRians and their families for 2020!

May all your Stones-dreams come true...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 1, 2020 12:13

Happy New year everybody at iorr! Happy new year bv!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home