Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 20, 2019 18:45

Empire Strikes Back (5)
Return of the Jedi (6)
A New Hope (4)
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith (3)
The Rise of Skywalker (9)
The Force Awakens (7)
The Last Jedi (8)
Solo
Attack of the Clones (2)
The Phantom Menace (1)

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 20, 2019 22:46

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
The Rise of Skywalker
Rouge One
The Force Awakens
Return Of The Jedi
Revenge Of The Sith
The Last Jedi
Attack Of The Clones
Han Solo
The Fantom Menece

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 21, 2019 00:35

1. Return Of The Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Rouge One
5. The Rise of Skywalker
6. The Force Awakens
7. Solo
8. Revenge of the Sith
9. The Last Jedi
10. The Phantom Menace
11. Attack of the Clones

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 21, 2019 10:18

Not bad. Just caught it in Perth. Doesn’t seem to really “get going” until the SPOILER.......

death of the Princess which sets the stage for the climax. The rest of it sort of wanders...

Rod

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 21, 2019 20:18

I had to take my boy to see it today. Tried to get the Mrs to do the honours, but wisely she said no.

It's a poor effort as expected. Even the boy didn't like it.

George Lucas should have stopped after the three original films. It's all about the $ with these people though.

A solid 5 out of 10.

If you want to go and see a really good film check out Motherless Brooklyn. 8 out of 10.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 31, 2019 02:40

strat72
I had to take my boy to see it today. Tried to get the Mrs to do the honours, but wisely she said no.

It's a poor effort as expected. Even the boy didn't like it.

George Lucas should have stopped after the three original films. It's all about the $ with these people though.

A solid 5 out of 10.

If you want to go and see a really good film check out Motherless Brooklyn. 8 out of 10.

I took my daughters to see it today. It seems they covered too much territory in too little time. I come down on the side of too much action not enough story. Exploring the Sith is a story in its own. I like Rey, but this need to create a female hierarchy and action hero is too distracting Then this constant diversity battle with the immortal Finn is becoming too annoying. The need for a lesbian kiss said it all. Give me a great story and less social correctness.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: December 31, 2019 04:13

If you're being kind, you'll say that George Lucas "borrowed" from Akira Kurosawa's 1958 film, The Hidden Fortress, to create Star Wars.

If you're being blunt, you'll say that George Lucas has essentially built his career on being a rip-off artist.

Never got past Empire Strikes Back myself, and never had any desire to revisit those first two films.

However, I always enjoy Lucas' one legitimate film, his semi-autobiographical American Graffiti, which at least provided him
with the capital to build his career on being a rip-off artist.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 31, 2019 11:18

The Sicilian
I come down on the side of too much action not enough story.

That's generally my problem with Star Wars, especially the later parts. Lots of crash-boom-bang but always a bit short on the plot.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 3, 2020 21:28

I saw it last night. All I can say is, it would have been a HARD task for anyone to come up with and provide the last pieces that could make sense for the galaxy-sized jigsaw puzzle that is the Star Wars Saga. Kudos to everyone who made it happen, regardless of the end result.

My ranking:
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Attack Of The Clones
The Phantom Menace
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Solo
The Last Jedi
The Rise of Skywalker
Return Of The Jedi

I didn’t feel back then, and still don’t think, episodes 1-3 were, in general, as bad as have since been rated in many a quarter. I enjoyed each one as it was.
My top pet hate of the entire series is towards the Ewoks. With them, the saga started to flatter kids way more than necessary. That pulled the trigger of the series’ deterioration. As compared with these cuddly, fluffy, cute cute creatures, the damage Jar Jar has done is nothing IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-03 21:31 by RisingStone.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 3, 2020 21:55

RisingStone

My top pet hate of the entire series is towards the Ewoks. With them, the saga started to flatter kids way more than necessary. That pulled the trigger of the series’ deterioration. As compared with these cuddly, fluffy, cute cute creatures, the damage Jar Jar has done is nothing IMHO.

>grinning smiley< thumbs up

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 3, 2020 22:11

dcba
RisingStone

>grinning smiley< thumbs up

Yeahsmileys with beer

Date: January 3, 2020 22:40

RisingStone
I saw it last night. All I can say is, it would have been a HARD task for anyone to come up with and provide the last pieces that could make sense for the galaxy-sized jigsaw puzzle that is the Star Wars Saga. Kudos to everyone who made it happen, regardless of the end result.

My ranking:
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Attack Of The Clones
The Phantom Menace
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Solo
The Last Jedi
The Rise of Skywalker
Return Of The Jedi

I didn’t feel back then, and still don’t think, episodes 1-3 were, in general, as bad as have since been rated in many a quarter. I enjoyed each one as it was.
Wow, I've never seen a ranking like that before. Very interesting take.

I was 5 when I saw Return of the Jedi (it's one of my earliest childhood memories), so the Ewoks never bothered me, and as even as I've gotten older, I've just accepted them.

Of course, seeing Phantom Menace as a 19 year old was a massive disappointment, and Jar Jar drove me nuts.

The biggest issue with Star Wars is that it's 42 years old. Kids grew up with it, and they take ownership of it as adults and don't want to see it change, but it HAS to change and evolve for new generations. Star Wars doesn't belong to me or the whiny, hipster man-babies who nitpick every new film to death.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 3, 2020 23:09

In the originals Vader was the worst genocidal maniac in the galaxy but because he's Luke's father (all of a sudden) Luke throws away his light saber rather than finish him and the emperor off because "I am a Jedi like my father before me." Luke blew up the Death Star with thousands on it but refuses to kill the Emperor and Vader. Suddenly Vader feels paternal and is redeemed.

This latest one, that kiss? Really? Again, stupidity.

That said, I enjoyed the first season of The Mandalorian.

Date: January 3, 2020 23:37

bleedingman
In the originals Vader was the worst genocidal maniac in the galaxy but because he's Luke's father (all of a sudden) Luke throws away his light saber rather than finish him and the emperor off because "I am a Jedi like my father before me." Luke blew up the Death Star with thousands on it but refuses to kill the Emperor and Vader. Suddenly Vader feels paternal and is redeemed.

Those are two totally distinct actions.

Blowing up the Death Star was a military action that saved the rebellion. The Death Star was on the verge of destroying the planet Yavin and the rebel base along with it.

On the other hand, Luke killing his father would have played right into the Emperor's plans. Sparing Vader's life was Luke embracing the Light rather than the Dark Side.

I disliked the kiss too...talk about an overused cliche. How the hell no one at Disney said, "Uh, do we REALLY want to do this silly kiss that has been done to death in hundreds of other movies?" is beyond me.

I for one am baffled by all the love The Mandalorian is getting. Don't get me wrong...it's FINE. I like it well enough, but it's pretty thin plot-wise, and the dialogue is almost cartoon-quality.

The only reason I can see so many people being over the moon about it is that they're pissed off over this new trilogy of films (especially The Last Jedi) and are embracing The Mandalorian almost as an act of protest.

Date: January 4, 2020 00:06

keefriff99
bleedingman

Those are two totally distinct actions.

Blowing up the Death Star was a military action that saved the rebellion. The Death Star was on the verge of destroying the planet Yavin and the rebel base along with it.

On the other hand, Luke killing his father would have played right into the Emperor's plans. Sparing Vader's life was Luke embracing the Light rather than the Dark Side.

I disliked the kiss too...talk about an overused cliche. How the hell no one at Disney said, "Uh, do we REALLY want to do this silly kiss that has been done to death in hundreds of other movies?" is beyond me.

I for one am baffled by all the love The Mandalorian is getting. Don't get me wrong...it's FINE. I like it well enough, but it's pretty thin plot-wise, and the dialogue is almost cartoon-quality.

The only reason I can see so many people being over the moon about it is that they're pissed off over this new trilogy of films (especially The Last Jedi) and are embracing The Mandalorian almost as an act of protest.

Luke had no idea that Vader would see the "light" and kill the Emperor. From what he could see, the attempt to destroy the second Death Star was failing and would leave the Emperor (and Vader) alive to stay in power and extend the Empire further. Throwing away his weapon and leaving himself at the mercy of the Emperor made no sense. He was really the "last hope" from his "point of view". A true Jedi would have at least made an attempt to put an end to the Emperor and Vader. Vader's last minute change of heart in saving the son he tried to kill in the past wasn't sufficient to undo all the evil he had done. But - Vader's act of redemption was apparently of no consequence since the Emperor lived to cackle another day.

I agree that The Mandalorian is cartoon quality, which is probably why I like it, since it incorporates characters and plot elements of The Clone Wars and Rebels, which oddly enough I do enjoy. I wish he'd ditch Baby Yoda though.

Date: January 4, 2020 00:17

Interesting take on Luke. I don't see it the way you do, but it's definitely a valid perspective.

The craze over Baby Yoda has become intensely annoying. It's an undeniably cute creature design, but the cuteness is SO blatantly manipulative and designed to sell toys that it leaves me cold.

Date: January 4, 2020 01:36

keefriff99
Interesting take on Luke. I don't see it the way you do, but it's definitely a valid perspective.

The craze over Baby Yoda has become intensely annoying. It's an undeniably cute creature design, but the cuteness is SO blatantly manipulative and designed to sell toys that it leaves me cold.

Agreed. I was hoping for a Man With No Name in the Star Wars canon. Loved IG.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home