Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Chuck Leavell Shoals Theater
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 12, 2019 19:03

I have a post somewhere in the dungeon on this already, but couldn't dig it out..

Chuck is doing a show at the Shoals Theater here in Florence, Alabama, this Saturday and tickets are still pretty wide open (guess it would sell better with the Stones but hey..) I like supporting this theater and community so doing this plug

Anyone in the area (Nashville, Birmingham, Huntsville etc) you might want to check this out. Shoals theater is a smaller, intimate venue, and the shows here are always fun cuz so many local touring and sessions musicians often join in, tons of talent here.. Give me a shout and I'll buy ya a beer and then we can head over to Muscle Shoals Sound and you can tour where the Stones recorded last century smiling smiley

Re: OT: Chuck Leavell Shoals Theater
Date: December 15, 2019 22:03

Brief review of show last night: Didn't sell well unfortunately but a great time, made for an intimate show and I got to chat briefly with him after. Show included a Q&A by moderator with Chuck discussing his history in-between a ten song set. Not sure which Sea Level song he played but it was beautiful, and he came back with encore of Down The Road Apiece.. After hearing him play Memphis Town I purchased his Back To The Woods cd at the show and have been playing it non-stop since last night. Love this boogie-woogie blues piano album (Keith plays on two tracks as well) and I have a whole new interest and respect for Leavell as a musician.. I wasn't a big fan originally when he joined the Stones because I was having trouble seeing him fit into the Stones background and personality -- After last night I'm a legit fan of his on his own merit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-16 00:43 by snoopy2.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: April 16, 2023 21:33

I’m resurrecting this thread since Chuck has another show lined up at The Shoals Theatre on May 27, 2023. I just got my tickets. Hoping to see some Stones fans there. [www.etix.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 21:36 by BFR.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 16, 2023 22:01

[www.TheShoalsTheatre.org] , [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 22:15 by Irix.

Date: April 16, 2023 22:10

Date: April 16, 2023 22:47

BFR
I’m resurrecting this thread since Chuck has another show lined up at The Shoals Theatre on May 27, 2023. I just got my tickets. Hoping to see some Stones fans there. [www.etix.com]

I’ll be there, and if the time works out I can show you around town a bit, Muscle Shoals Sound etc (unless you already know this area!)

Date: April 16, 2023 22:54

Hi, snoopy! I am familiar with the area and will be coming up from Birmingham with a few folks. Pre or post show meet up would be fun.

Date: April 16, 2023 23:02

BFR
Hi, snoopy! I am familiar with the area and will be coming up from Birmingham with a few folks. Pre or post show meet up would be fun.

Sounds good

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 16, 2023 23:11

Hey snoopy .. did he appear ta have an ankle injury at all ?????

ROCKMAN

Date: April 17, 2023 16:19

Rockman
Hey snoopy .. did he appear ta have an ankle injury at all ?????

Shows not until May so not sure.. But he doesn’t appear to be limping in the ad poster smiling smiley

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 17, 2023 21:54

i am pondering driving to this .14 hours.....?????

Date: April 17, 2023 22:17

kkhoranstoned
i am pondering driving to this .14 hours.....?????

Desperate times call for desperate measures tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 17, 2023 23:00

Wipe the windows, check the tires, check the oil, hundred dollar gas .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 27, 2023 22:52

Chuck Leavell & Friends are scheduled to perform at the Regions Tradition golf tournament in Birmingham, AL on Saturday, May 13

[regionstradition.com]

Date: May 21, 2023 17:19

BFR

See ya there. Small town (as you may know) and easy walk to couple places either pre or post show - drop me a note in my email if ya want

Still plenty of tickets left, not selling well it seems, but his last show here was great.. Worth a drive from Nashville, Huntsville or Birmingham imo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-23 23:09 by snoopy2.

Date: May 24, 2023 17:48

Chuck has cancelled the show at the Shoals Theatre this Saturday. The theatre sent out the following message:

A message from (Shoals Theatre):

We are sorry to announce that the concert set for Saturday will be canceled. Hopefully, working around the Rolling Stones schedule, we can reschedule sometime in the Fall. A statement from Chuck follows below:

"I sincerely regret that due to a difficult family emergency, I will not be able to come to Muscle Shoals for our planned event. My heartfelt thanks to all of those that purchased tickets and apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to be able to reschedule, perhaps on the Fall. Thanks for understanding.

With love, Chuck Leavell"

Date: May 24, 2023 18:16

BFR
Chuck has cancelled the show at the Shoals Theatre this Saturday. The theatre sent out the following message:

A message from (Shoals Theatre):

We are sorry to announce that the concert set for Saturday will be canceled. Hopefully, working around the Rolling Stones schedule, we can reschedule sometime in the Fall. A statement from Chuck follows below:

"I sincerely regret that due to a difficult family emergency, I will not be able to come to Muscle Shoals for our planned event. My heartfelt thanks to all of those that purchased tickets and apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to be able to reschedule, perhaps on the Fall. Thanks for understanding.

With love, Chuck Leavell"

Thanks for posting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-24 18:17 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 25, 2023 03:19

Unfortunately, the very sweet Rose Lane is having some health issues.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 25, 2023 04:19

Very sad to hear. Prayers for both of them and their family.

Date: May 25, 2023 16:40

BFR

Chuck has cancelled the show at the Shoals Theatre this Saturday.

Now officially confirmed on the website of [www.TheShoalsTheatre.org] as well as [www.Instagram.com] .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home