Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Where's Bob Seger?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 19, 2005 20:38

I miss him. Great live show. Also, where's Bruce?(with the E-Streeters, not solo!) Crank up some electric guitars!!!

Re: OT: Where's Bob Seger?
Posted by: rocksaurus ()
Date: October 19, 2005 20:44

Seger has a new CD comming out later this year. Hopefully a tour will follow.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: October 19, 2005 20:47

now that is some great news, last thing i saw/heard of him was his induction to the rock and roll hall of fame. now if there's a tour: bob please come to europe despite your fear of flying...

Date: October 19, 2005 20:55

Yeah, he's aged a little, but can still rock!

P. S. frankie, are you in U. S, Georgia?

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 19, 2005 21:20

Seger is great but it is doubtful he will tour. He has said he would not want to do a tour where he could not give 100% or that was not up to 100%.

Not many people know this but up until Born in the USA, Segar out sold Springsteen.

Date: October 19, 2005 21:35

Yes, I have always enjoyed Bob Seger's music and he is fantastic live. Believe that "Live Bullet" remains the biggest selling live LP of all time.

He has been spotted at some Detroit Piston Finals games during the past 2 years.

BTW, what does "OT" stand for as listed in the post subject?

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: October 19, 2005 21:37

Off Topic.

Date: October 19, 2005 21:38

Thanks.

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2005 21:47

I hope his singing doesn't sound as bad as it did at that rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony.

Date: October 19, 2005 22:20

Hate to tell you my friend, but I'm pretty sure "Frampton Comes Alive" sold more than "Live Bullet". LB is ten times the album (showing my age) of FCA.

Posted by: rocksaurus ()
Date: October 19, 2005 22:27

Think your right about the sales Elmo and the better of the two albums. Another nice live album from the Live Bullet era is Full House by J. Giels Band.

Date: October 19, 2005 22:32

Also, "Blow Your Face Out" by J. Geils! Another great band that is missed.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: October 19, 2005 22:51

elmo lewis: i'm not in u.s. georgia. i'm in holland.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 19, 2005 23:25

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hate to tell you my friend, but I'm pretty sure
> "Frampton Comes Alive" sold more than "Live
> Bullet". LB is ten times the album (showing my
> age) of FCA.

Never said album to album and I never said anything about Frampton. Read my post. I said he out sold SPRINGSTEEN.

Also, in regards to the Rock and Roll induction (which was LOOOOONG over due by the way) he stated that he woke up that day with a cold. The one day he needed his voice it wasn't there. He was very pissed about it.

Date: October 20, 2005 17:03

READ MY POST! I'm not answering you. I'm answering Splattered's post.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 20, 2005 18:16

sladog Wrote:
> Seger is great but it is doubtful he will tour.
> He has said he would not want to do a tour where
> he could not give 100% or that was not up to 100%.
>
>
> I have heard him say recently that, at age 58, he feels too old to perform. I guess some people age faster than others and out here in the not particularly fitness minded midwest, you'd be amazed at how many sorry fat-ass @#$%& can no longer even get out of bed to go and buy their ice cream, cigarettes, booze, and potato chips by the time they have reached the age of 35. But this may just be a case of laziness on Bob's part. Of course he's not going be 100% of what he was 30 years ago, but he can still give 100% of what a 58-year-old Bob Seger is capable of giving. He just doesn't want to get off his fat ass, that's all. Unless he really needed the money.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 20, 2005 19:07

"He just doesn't want to get off his fat ass,"

Bob IS looking old these days and if his new album has songs as lame as the one he put on his second hits collection (there were two, the other was good)then I'd say his muse has long ago left him. He IS interested in performing only because his kids are too young to remember having seen him and they are starting to get on his ass.

Talk here in Michigan is that if he does perform it'll be for a week at Pine Knob (now known as DTE Energy Theater) 15 minutes from his Orchard lake estate. That way the world can come to him like they do Elton or Celine Dion in Las Vegas.

Date: October 20, 2005 19:49

R Wrote:
>
> Talk here in Michigan is that if he does perform
> it'll be for a week at Pine Knob (now known as DTE
> Energy Theater) 15 minutes from his Orchard lake
> estate. That way the world can come to him like
> they do Elton or Celine Dion in Las Vegas.

If his new album is quality, I would make the cross country trip to Detroit to see him on his own turf for a couple of shows.

Date: October 20, 2005 20:13

I love Seger, but I think he's got a case of what I call "Jackson Browne Disease". It's when a good rocker starts taking himself too seriously (hence the name) and begins thinking he's an artiste'. Victims include Jackson B., Seger, Henley, Bruce, Bono, Sting, and Mellencamp. Occasionally, Mickey J. has symptoms. Long terms effect is writing boring ass political songs.

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: October 20, 2005 21:19

Didn't Seger have some pretty serious health problems a few years ago?

Date: October 20, 2005 21:58

Heard that throat cancer thing, but I think it was an urban legend. Anybody know the truth?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home