Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let it Bleed 50
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 8, 2019 18:06

This pretty interesting and well done.
Nice to look at on a Sunday morning.

[www.letitbleed50.com]

Re: Let it Bleed 50
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 8, 2019 20:41

spikenyc
This pretty interesting and well done.
Nice to look at on a Sunday morning.

[www.letitbleed50.com]

Very well done. And when you click on "all events", helps put it all in context, thanks. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-08 20:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 10, 2019 00:28

Very well done. I don’t recall seeing that private cam footage of the Stones at the NME Poll Winners Concert before. That was the debut of JJF.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 10, 2019 03:20

Very nice indeed ..even saw a picture never seen before thumbs up

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 10, 2019 21:45

What am I missing here? Seems like another lame ABKCO (beware of ABKCO...) attempt to resell their catalog. Is there something more than the mono/stereo mixes and some kind of collectors printed dreck here? What is on the SACDs? (I assume they are just the mono and stereo versions again...am I wrong?)

Oh and the 7"...have the original and the grooves are spread across the whole side not bunched up on 1/4 of the vinyl like the reviews I read noted. And why not something really spectacular like the Street Fighting Man suppressed artwork single? Now that would make me much more ready to throw down the money.

I would like to see some really improved sonic quality along with some unreleased outtakes or something. As it is, seems like another low buck effort by ABKCO to get everyone to buy the same thing they already have, yet again.

I do have to give ABKCO credit for their upgrade of Get Yer Ya Yas Out though, it was really great to see it released as the stones originally envisioned it, double record with one record being support acts. And the Stones bonus tracks were worthwhile. I don't care what anyone says about the "dated" sound or the compilation of tracks from pretty much anywhere other than MSG, it remains my far away favorite legit live Stones LP and really not many boots surpass it either.

But tell me why I should spring for this 50th anniversary edition? I'm seriously curious about that. Perhaps something I am missing here?

one love
jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 10, 2019 22:30

If ya short of money … don't buy it …
….If ya got the original of one of
theeee greatest albums ever then stick with it …SACD's yep Mono - Stereo

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 10, 2019 22:52

I bought it and frankly got most overwhelmed by the fact I got such a low number, 968 outta 27 000 so that got me happy. The book's nice although with some errors, cool cd folder with mono/stereo. Pleased with mine, great sound as well.

Date: December 10, 2019 23:43

Rockman I want to thank you for addressing my questions. Its not really a matter of money for me, I got plenty (ha ha). Its a matter of buying some value for my money. Yeah I got the original (actually numerous ones, mono/stereo, USA/UK pressings, Japanese pressings etc) but because I am one who considers it in the top 3 of their releases ever, I am always looking for a serious upgrade. I would like to hear it just to see how improved the sound is, it always did sound a bit down in the tunnel to me, it would be nice to hear some upper registers really cut through the mud. But I fear it is mainly a marketing move, nothing really that great.

But, as always, hope springs eternal...

one love
jb

Date: December 10, 2019 23:54

……. awwww ya got plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$.....

Okay okay then buy it …. it is a nice set ….

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2019 00:16

Thanks again, Rockman. I might have to spring for it then, curious mostly to see how the SACDs sound.

"plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"...well maybe not, its all relative you know, wouldn't be able to finance Keith's lifestyle for more than a couple days without going tits up!

one love
jb

Date: December 11, 2019 00:26

Lemon trees ain't that expensive !!!...… hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2019 00:50

But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

one love
jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 14, 2019 03:38

If the Stones ever gain control they should reissue it, with additional tracks, under its original title, AUTOMATIC CHANGER.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home