Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones on Danish TV (DR2) 15th of July, 2007 Video - Name/Info of this documentary?
Date: December 8, 2019 13:31

Just saw on YouTube Start Me Up + I'll Go Crazy from Werchter 2007 [youtu.be]
At the end of the video I found some credits that apparently are part of a documentary, maybe from the A Bigger Bang Tour but i don't find more details of this full video. Anyone knows more info about this documentary?

Rolling Stones on Danish TV (DR2) 15th of July, 2007 [iorr.org]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-09 20:02 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Re: Start Me Up + I'll Go Crazy (Werchter 2007 Video) - Name of this documentary?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 8, 2019 16:58

Don't think it was meant to be anything more than a report of the tour opener in Europe.

Re: Start Me Up + I'll Go Crazy (Werchter 2007 Video) - Name of this documentary?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 8, 2019 20:35

I would imagine within the next couple years you'll be seeing BELGIUM BANG as a DVD/Blu-ray/CD combo pack from Eagle Records along with several other BANG releases and expanded reissues.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 9, 2019 00:31

Hehe yeah Keith was in top form that night……… Happy Days!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 9, 2019 02:32

I remember watching Keith on the B-stage thinking what happened to him. Also at the end he gave extra picks and thanked us. I think it was his apology. I guess it's all to do about his brain injury. Anyway happy he's out of that fog.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: December 9, 2019 19:11

frankotero
I guess it's all to do about his brain injury. Anyway happy he's out of that fog.

It probably also had to do with the fact he couldn't hear himself on the B-stage.

The video was available on RS.com short after the gig.

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: December 9, 2019 19:27

Keith was terrible that night!

Re: Rolling Stones on Danish TV (DR2) 15th of July, 2007 Video - Name/Info of this documentary?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 10, 2019 00:15

It was called “The Stones on the way to Copenhagen”. If I recall correctly it was just some of the usual banter, along with two songs from Werchter. Nothing earth shattering, though it’s lovely to see some people still keeping an eye out for new stuff.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Rolling Stones on Danish TV (DR2) 15th of July, 2007 Video - Name/Info of this documentary?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 10, 2019 17:08

To me the concert in Nijmegen 2007 the Netherlands was the worst I’ve seen (by memory, and that’s what I always said) Lot’s of people say to me this Werchter concert was even worse! But these two songs don’t sound that very bad to me. I’ll Go Crazy as a song I don’t like very much. Musically it sounds good to me, with a very great and outstanding Lisa Fisher!! thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Date: December 11, 2019 02:52

JumpingKentFlash
It was called “The Stones on the way to Copenhagen”. If I recall correctly it was just some of the usual banter, along with two songs from Werchter. Nothing earth shattering, though it’s lovely to see some people still keeping an eye out for new stuff.
Thank you for the info Kent!thumbs upwinking smiley

Date: December 11, 2019 02:55

Rocky Dijon
I would imagine within the next couple years you'll be seeing BELGIUM BANG as a DVD/Blu-ray/CD combo pack from Eagle Records along with several other BANG releases and expanded reissues.
Me too! I hope they can release the Austin show Uncut version with some alternate audio mix

Date: December 11, 2019 11:18

Reminds of the year before in Copenhagen on my way to Horsens. Danish TV stopped me and asked me if I could sing Satisfaction going down the escalator down to the tracks, I said "No I am awfully sorry but I can sing Brown Sugar!" So they filmed me while I sang Brown Sugar in the escalator and in the evening I catched it in my hotel room in Horsens. Hilarious, I wish I could get my hands on that little TV segment. Always crazy Stones stuff happens when I see them in Denmark, must be the jazz heritage or summat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-11 11:19 by MadMax.

Date: December 11, 2019 12:13

MadMax
Reminds of the year before in Copenhagen on my way to Horsens. Danish TV stopped me and asked me if I could sing Satisfaction going down the escalator down to the tracks, I said "No I am awfully sorry but I can sing Brown Sugar!" So they filmed me while I sang Brown Sugar in the escalator and in the evening I catched it in my hotel room in Horsens. Hilarious, I wish I could get my hands on that little TV segment. Always crazy Stones stuff happens when I see them in Denmark, must be the jazz heritage or summat.

I’m pretty sure my friend taped all that was worth taping back then. It was the Go’ Aften Danmark segment with Michrud from iorr. I think they gave him The Stones in the Beginning book by Bent Rej.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 11, 2019 13:12

Sounds cool Kent! Never forgot your version of Heart Of STone in Horsens the day before the show, great gig!!smileys with beer

Date: December 13, 2019 20:26

MadMax
Sounds cool Kent! Never forgot your version of Heart Of STone in Horsens the day before the show, great gig!!smileys with beer

I have the concert on dvd. I couldn’t figure out how to get the whole thing on YouTube, and Heart Of Stone was in the second half. Here’s the first half though.
[youtu.be]

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 13, 2019 20:50

JumpingKentFlash
MadMax

I have the concert on dvd. I couldn’t figure out how to get the whole thing on YouTube, and Heart Of Stone was in the second half. Here’s the first half though.
[youtu.be]

Cool setlist smiling smiley

Date: December 14, 2019 23:30

DandelionPowderman
JumpingKentFlash
MadMax

[youtu.be]

Cool setlist smiling smiley

I have it a lot of thought. Actually I wanted to start with I Wanna Be Your Man, but I was vetoed.
The other guys in the band wanted more hits, but my brother (the bassist) and I said we’d be better off doing something more left field. All the other bands that played that day did hits only, and I was told there wasn’t much listening going on. We on the other hand had people listening, because most songs was something not heard that often.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home