Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Assistance with Brian Jones Photo
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 8, 2019 03:26

Would like to either purchase or make a print of two photos from what I think is Alexandra Palace show 1964:

1st is of Brian Jones with back to audience on stage (fairly common photo)
2nd is of Brain and Mick on stage facing each other with Brian's headstock covering Mick's face

The pics seem to be attributed to either Frank Monaco or John Hopkins

I'd like to make a print on photo paper for an 8x10 frame for Christmas gift.. Or purchase a print but only prints I can find online are through art dealers for hundreds of dollars apiece.

Anyone with knowledge of where to purchase a photocopy print similar to Hollywood movie type collector prints (cheaper quality)? Much appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-08 03:28 by snoopy2.

Re: Assistance with Brian Jones Photo
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 20:34

I noticed that so far you didn't get any response. Your request isn't an easy one, but you could do something yourself with the help of someone who is very good in using applications like Photoshop or Quark E.
The Brian Jones photo with back to the audience shouldn't be a problem to "lift up". The other photo you mentioned needs some more labour to remove the shutterlock texts. There is also a nice one with Keith, that needs a little polishing.
As long as it is for strictly personal use, there shouldn't be a problem. The quality of those photos is mediocre (early sixties ...) so don't expect too much.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 11, 2019 23:40

1st:
2st: I don't know what you mean

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 12, 2019 00:46

It's by John Hopkins, only 5.5 pounds here [www.ebay.co.uk]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 12, 2019 01:01

Alexandra Palace?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 12, 2019 01:06

Big Al
Alexandra Palace?

I just saw the initial post; sorry. I just recognised the backdrop. Fantastic and historical building; a bugger to reach by public transport. I attended a Strokes gig there in 2003.

Date: December 12, 2019 18:55

georgie48
I noticed that so far you didn't get any response. Your request isn't an easy one, but you could do something yourself with the help of someone who is very good in using applications like Photoshop or Quark E.
The Brian Jones photo with back to the audience shouldn't be a problem to "lift up". The other photo you mentioned needs some more labour to remove the shutterlock texts. There is also a nice one with Keith, that needs a little polishing.
As long as it is for strictly personal use, there shouldn't be a problem. The quality of those photos is mediocre (early sixties ...) so don't expect too much.

Just saw your response, thank you! Sorry, was down for a week when my back went out (how does Jagger do it ?!?)

Date: December 12, 2019 18:57

Thx y'all for the responses! Sorry to delay, was down with bad back, couldn't even crawl upstairs to the laptop to check on Stones stuff smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home