Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tick Tock Diner & The Mick Jagger Breakfast Sandwich
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: December 3, 2019 06:47

The famous Tick Tock Diner Diner in Clifton, NJ (about 20 mins from where I live) reopened after renovations and named an ultimate breakfast sandwich after Mick. Called "The Mick Jagger" it has Taylor Ham, American Cheese, Two Fried Eggs on a Brioche Bun & Disco Fries. Still a mystery as to whether he really ate there the morning of the MetLife Stadium concert on August 1st.

I definitely will be going to the diner soon to try "The Mick Jagger!" smiling bouncing smiley

You can find the listing of the sandwich on page 3 of the menu on the left hand side:

[static1.squarespace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-04 00:35 by JordyLicks96.

Re: Tick Tock Diner & The Mick Jagger Breakfast Sandwich
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 3, 2019 06:58

There is no proof Mick actually ate at the Tick Tock Diner and I seriously doubt he would be hanging out in Northern New Jersey on the morning of the show but it makes a good story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 07:03 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: December 3, 2019 06:58

Ate there in the wee hours years ago -- the classic diner with the great neon facade.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 3, 2019 07:26

Didn't I see you down in San Antone
On a hot and dusty night?
You were eating eggs in Sammy's
When the black man there drew his knife? ……………………

……………………………………….Memo From Turner - Jagger Richards

ROCKMAN

Date: December 3, 2019 07:37

TornAndFried
There is no proof Mick actually ate at the Tick Tock Diner and I seriously doubt he would be hanging out in Northern New Jersey on the morning of the show but it makes a good story.

I guess the only proof would be security footage lol Although, Mick does love to take up popular places when the Stones are on tour. I mean why would he mention the diner during the concert and the details of a sandwich? Did he research the place just to talk about it during the concert? Who knows. Guess you'd have to ask Sir Mick Jagger himself

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 3, 2019 08:18

He's popped up in some strange places, many years ago in 1988 while NZ he was spotted all over the place, Cin Cin on Quay, The Gluepot Tavern where "The Brother's of Sodom" played, Candy-O's niteclub in the VIP but he danced on the main floor, my stupid friend was beside him in the VIP at the bar and freaked out and couldn't say anything, while Jagger said "How are you going"... I nearly strangled him when he told me

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2019 08:18

Whether he was there or not, hard to imagine Mick eating a breakfast sandwich of that magnitude with a side of fries drenched in gravy and cheese -especially given his recent heart procedure.
I'm thinking maybe some alfalfa sprouts and a slice of tomato on dry whole grain toast with a glass of sparkly water.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 3, 2019 08:38

Date: December 3, 2019 10:24

If Mick Jagger referenced my diner from the stage, i'd name a sandwich after him, if not the whole place (which you couldn't do, i'm sure his name is copyrighted).

But i'd have Jagger Lipped Mussels, Rooster Hipped Ribs, Long Haired Hashbrowns, Piss On The Wall Beers, YaYa Beef Tongue Ruebens, Keef's Shepard Pie, Ronnie's Snorting Pork Belly, Charlies Delicate Touch English Stew, Stu's Hot Pot, Brian's Morrocan Chicken and Bill's Spring Lamb

Copyright "SKILLS" 2019 Tuesday Dec 3rd (11:00 pm NZ Daylight Savings Time)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 12:02 by SKILLS.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 3, 2019 11:36

I am pretty sure he said "we", not "I" on stage. There were probably some tour members checking out the place.

If you listen to what Mick say on stage, what they did, what and where they were eating, in every city, then you will understand it is all a big entertainment saying, not litterally speaking, he did not take the bus from Manhattan to NJ (I did).

Bjornulf

Date: December 3, 2019 11:54

No one takes what is said from the stage literally unless your 15, and Mick say's see you next year... whoa excitement, then realization sets in when you tell your parents

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 3, 2019 15:13

What Mick said on stage was just a joke (as all of the local references are), but obviously the diner is maximizing the marketing potential, good for them.

[nj1015.com]

This was discussed back in the summer here
[iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 15:22 by Topi.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: December 3, 2019 15:41

He makes references to local places at every show.

In the 2016 documentary, he even says, he likes to make food references to get a reaction from the crowd.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 3, 2019 15:59

SKILLS
No one takes what is said from the stage literally unless your 15, and Mick say's see you next year... whoa excitement, then realization sets in when you tell your parents

Likewise Interviews! Don't take anything too literaly, it's only show biz.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 3, 2019 17:47

Taylor ham grinning smiley

And looking at the ingredients - I highly doubt Jagger would even think about eating it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 17:48 by Koen.

Date: December 3, 2019 18:31

SKILLS
If Mick Jagger referenced my diner from the stage, i'd name a sandwich after him, if not the whole place (which you couldn't do, i'm sure his name is copyrighted).

But i'd have Jagger Lipped Mussels, Rooster Hipped Ribs, Long Haired Hashbrowns, Piss On The Wall Beers, YaYa Beef Tongue Ruebens, Keef's Shepard Pie, Ronnie's Snorting Pork Belly, Charlies Delicate Touch English Stew, Stu's Hot Pot, Brian's Morrocan Chicken and Bill's Spring Lamb

"Ronnie's Snorting Pork Belly"grinning smiley

Can't forget Mick Taylor:
- M.T.'s Full English Breakfast
- Taylor's Sticky Fingers Toffee Pudding
- Mick's Mighty Milkshakes

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 3, 2019 18:44

There are actually 2 of them. One is in Clifton and the other is on 8th Avenue. Not that it means anything.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: December 3, 2019 21:22

I remember seeing this article right after the Met Life shows... Verified by a waitress named Kalliopi, for what it's worth... But who knows?

[www.nj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 21:23 by goinhome.

Date: December 3, 2019 21:24

It's more than likely he actually wasn't there. But hey, they got a shit ton of customers the night of the concert bc of it and a sandwich named after him, which I think is pretty cool. smiling smiley

Date: December 3, 2019 21:26

SKILLS

Right, because adults aren't as gullible as a 15 year old too. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 3, 2019 22:22

goinhome
I remember seeing this article right after the Met Life shows... Verified by a waitress named Kalliopi, for what it's worth... But who knows?

[www.nj.com]

I remember that article as well. Two bandmates with him, but only Mick is mentioned by name? Yet, another waitress says she "heard" Mick came alone but maybe his posse was in another booth.

[nj1015.com]

He"s suddenly recognized after the fact. By the restaurant staff only, of course. No customers with photos or interviewed as having spotted him, even if Mick and co. supposedly stayed for an hour. And Kalliopi says it was "busy".

Right.

Out of all the on-stage banter and jokes it's interesting this is the one that took a life of its own...Mick has hired joke writers for years, I think Bill German mentioned ever since the Voodoo Lounge tour.

[m.facebook.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 22:45 by Topi.

Date: December 3, 2019 22:53

….if Mick devoured that sandwich
his next stop would be his Taylor eeerrrrrrrr tailor

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 4, 2019 00:02

JordyLicks96
The famous Tick Tock Diner Diner in Clifton, NJ (about 20 mins from where I live) reopened after renovations and named an ultimate breakfast sandwich after Mick. Called "The Mick Jagger" it has Taylor Ham, American Cheese, Two Fried Eggs on a Brioche Bun & Disco Fries. Still a mystery as to whether he really ate there the morning of the MetLife Stadium concert on August 1st. I definitely believe he dined there.

I will definitely be going to the diner soon to try "The Mick Jagger!" smiling bouncing smiley

You can find the listing of the sandwich on page 3 of the menu on the left hand side:

[static1.squarespace.com]

This Bronx girl...now a Florida transplant...is missing the wonderful diners of the northeast. Nothing like that menu here.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 4, 2019 01:10

I've never actually been to a diner/deli where a sandwich was named after a person! I've seen it on different tv shows though. I think there was a Seinfeld episode or perhaps Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where they order one. Also a Modern Family episode where there's a Jay Pritchett sandwich at a local restaurant.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 4, 2019 02:03

DGA35
I've never actually been to a diner/deli where a sandwich was named after a person! I've seen it on different tv shows though. I think there was a Seinfeld episode or perhaps Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where they order one. Also a Modern Family episode where there's a Jay Pritchett sandwich at a local restaurant.

Carnegie Deli used to name all their sammiches

Date: December 4, 2019 02:30

…… The Rockeeeee Special ……

Roll over honey and lettuce on top …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 4, 2019 06:30

Pizzeria that served Mick Jagger closes >>> [www.ctinsider.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-05 09:44 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: December 4, 2019 07:57

Hairball
SKILLS

Keith's Vodka & OJ Smoothie smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: December 4, 2019 07:57

My last post posted weird....

Keith's Vodka & OJ Smoothie

Date: December 4, 2019 09:34

StonedAsiaExile
Hairball
SKILLS

Keith's Vodka & OJ Smoothie smileys with beer

I think it's fixed now StonedAsiaExile.

Speaking of M.T., he could open his own all you can eat buffet and call it Mick Taylor's Smorgasbord...each purchase includes a free beer and a cigarette.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home