Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What has been your favorite moment seeing the Stones live so far?
Date: December 2, 2019 05:57

What has been your favourite moment seeing the Stones in concert yourself, or have heard of from others?
[www.reddit.com]

Re: What has been your favorite moment seeing the Stones live so far?
Date: December 2, 2019 06:05

- VirgilHilts68
I saw them in 02 in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom. During It's Only Rock n Roll some guy in sunglasses came out and I thought, God damn, that looks like Bono. Because it was Bono

- Scooter59
Mick’s harp playing on Midnight Rambler on a full moon Friday night in Regina 

- joshyboyXD
Mick pointed right at my face and looked at me dead in the eye. I still feel blessed!

- purrcafe
That’s How Strong My Love Is at Roseland

- spector1999
Soldier Field for the Bigger Bang Tour - Satisfaction from the B stage

- SirCalebCrawdad
I have a couple.

I was 4th row in Anaheim Stadium in 2002 and it was great to be that close. Midnight Rambler was epic.

The other was from January 2003 in San Diego. I sat near the B stage. Got some great photos. That was a great tour

- dennisSTL
saw them in summer 1972, Exile tour, at their peak...Stevie Wonder was the opening act!

[www.reddit.com]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 2, 2019 06:31

First b-stage set 10/12/97 Philadelphia: Little Queenie, The Last Time and Crazy Mama. I was about 50 feet away. I'd seen eight Stones shows before that night, but those early B-stage sets were particularly fresh and exciting.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2019 07:12

Dozens...maybe hundreds of favorite moments in clubs, theaters, arenas, and stadiums since 1981.
But one always seems to stands out when pondering this question - Staples Center 2003 front row B-stage standing right in front of Keith - Midnight Rambler.
Might not be the greatest version ever, but in the moment it seemed like it was as the stars aligned and everything was right in the universe. Priceless, and it was a free concert.

And then my first show in 1981 at the L.A. Coliseum - the opening notes to Under My Thumb...euphoric, and I was permanently "scarred" for life.

And then Vredenburg '03....

And seeing Mick Taylor with the Stones six times in 2013...

And seeing Mick storm out on stage at Chicago #2 this past summer...

And on and on...........

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: December 2, 2019 09:08

June 20th, 1995, Cologne, Mungersdorfer Stadion:

The lights went down; Charlie started drumming...

From the right side Mick J. entered the stage, dancing and prancing. Right from that moment, 70.000 people were connected in a giant electric field.

When he reached his mike and bowed down, the crowd went nuts.

"I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be
You're gonna give your love to me !"

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 2, 2019 09:16

1995 Apr 16th Auckland - Western Springs - All Down The Line, the Horns were prominent in the mix and the guitars were huge, it shook through the ground. plus it's one of my favourite tracks

2006 Apr 16th Auckland - Western Springs - Bitch, they just ripped it

2014 Nov - Auckland - Mt Smart - Midnight Rambler, in the rain and Mick Taylor turned back the years, Jagger's Harp was strong and reactive, long version

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: December 2, 2019 09:19

The rare occasions since 1982 when they toured after a new album and played a lot of songs from it.

Date: December 2, 2019 09:52

The very first time I saw them Live. I was like every other little bopper next to me; just silly. It was embarrassing. I could not believe that they were real.
I think all other moments pale in comparison.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: December 2, 2019 13:13

Virgin Priest
June 20th, 1995, Cologne, Mungersdorfer Stadion:

The lights went down; Charlie started drumming...

From the right side Mick J. entered the stage, dancing and prancing. Right from that moment, 70.000 people were connected in a giant electric field.

When he reached his mike and bowed down, the crowd went nuts.

"I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be
You're gonna give your love to me !"

Getting goosebumps readin' this!

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: December 2, 2019 13:40

For me it was Midnight Rambler at Roskilde Festival 14.

Being from Denmark and never in a million years believing I would see them play there, and then being there with Mick Taylor playing his heart out and seing the fire in everyones eyes.

And on top later find out that it looks to be the longest version of Rambler ever, that was incredible.

A close second would be being at front row in 98 and copying all of Micks arm movements during a song, and have him looks at me with a funny look, like he didn't realize what I did, but he somehow noticed me, and lthen ooked at me and smiled.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 2, 2019 13:44

I moment when I realized that I drew pit tickets with my Lucky Dip at Hamburg

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 2, 2019 13:56

Keith giving me his pick in the palm of my hand during Dice at the Cirkus in 03.

Same show when they start Hand Of Fate.

Theodora grabbing my scarf from underneath at the rails during YCAGWYW in Oslo 07 and telling me how she likes it and me answering "I got the inspiration from your dad".

Keith putting on my t-shirt on his head like a bandana while thanking the crowd at the U-Arena at the last show in Paris 2017.

Keith playing IYCRM instead of YGMR at the Globe in 03, Ronnie played air guitar until the Middle 8! Hilarious and so Bloody Rock n Roll!

Start Me Up Copenhagen 07, what a comeback from the lacklustre gig at Ullevi 2 Days earlier. Keith's on fire!

Mick's harp ad libs during Rambler in Paris 06, "let's go down to Louisiana!"

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 2, 2019 15:21

Yesterday when I blasted Perth 1973 while cleaning up the house.

Mathijs

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: December 2, 2019 16:48

Brixton 19/7/95 - Shine A Light. This show was full of surprises but this was the best for me.

Twickenham 24/8/03 - Star Star. A song I had given up on ever seeing played live. I was in such a daze it was half way through the next song before I recovered.

Leeds 25/7/82 - Angie. Had the Hampton triple vinyl and played it to death, so I knew all the songs and the order they were played. This was my fourth show of the tour and when this song was played, it was a big surprise.

Shepherd's Bush 8/6/99 - I Got The Blues. Another night of surprises but this was top of the list.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 2, 2019 17:25

My first Stones show at MSG, NYC was my favorite. It was an event and nog just a concert. Going early to NYC to party with friends and just the incredible atmosphere in the MSG arena. The place was just electric before the Stones came on.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: December 2, 2019 17:28

Olympia 1995

Trabendo 2012

Private Rehearsles in Bondy 2012 and 2014 (more than a dream)

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 2, 2019 17:38

Being in the first few "rows" (GA show) at the Aragon Ballroom (Chicago) in 2002.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 2, 2019 17:48

Mathijs

Mathijs

...allthough stricktly speaking you were simply seeing a washingcloth and the vacuumcleaner

Date: December 2, 2019 18:38

Erik_Snow
Mathijs

Mathijs

...allthough stricktly speaking you were simply seeing a washingcloth and the vacuumcleaner

Don't underestimate the Perth coverart...

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: December 2, 2019 19:30

So many moments.
But the start of "Shine a Light" at Olympia, Paris July 3rd 1995 is of course in the Top 10.
First row on the balcony I screamed "...in room ten-o-nine!!" so loud that I can hear my voice on "Stripped."

Date: December 2, 2019 19:56

Nothing beats the opening of your first Stones-show, imo. SMU in Oslo, 1990. Fantastic!

Many great moments, though:

- Midnight Rambler in Roskilde 2014
- Shine A Light in Amsterdam 2017
- Play With Fire in Hamburg 2017
- Fool To Cry in London 2018
- Worried About You in Oslo 2014

And many, many more.

Posted by: z ()
Date: December 2, 2019 20:08

Mathijs

Mathijs

I would need at least the whole tour to get the job done.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: December 2, 2019 20:19

Anaheim Stadium 1978 (shoes thrown on the stage show)...when they came out and tore into Let It Rock....first time seeing them

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 2, 2019 20:43

I've described the moment before, but it was seeing the Stones in Foxborough (the second of two shows) in 1997. It was my first concert ever...I originally had 3rd row Keith's side, but the ticket broker wanted to package my seat in with another group, so he upgraded me to front row for no additional fee.

During JJF, Keith jumped down onto the catwalk like he normally did, right in front of me. I started doing the Wayne's World "WE'RE NOT WORTHY" bow over the railing...Keith looked at me and gave me a wicked grin, then posed and hit a big fat chord and winked before moving on. I can still see the whole scene unfold in my mind...it was a minor interaction but still incredibly surreal and satisfying.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: December 2, 2019 21:37

Palace Revolution 2000
The very first time I saw them Live. I was like every other little bopper next to me; just silly. It was embarrassing. I could not believe that they were real.
I think all other moments pale in comparison.

Just the same feeling, they were suddenly just here in front of me, I was center front row. And just like you say "I could not believe that they were real".
Before this, they were just unreal, just like Marvel super-heroes. I was young, I was silly, and it's good to be silly when you're young.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 2, 2019 22:30

on the pitch at warsaw, near centre back, where the beers were getting sold, view wasnt great but the sound was, much better than any previous concert i had been to.

the opening chords of street fighting man to start the concert, the superb versions of midnight rambler and gimme shelter were my best stones live moments. such a nice warm night it was, and the beers flowed in warsaw centre afterwards.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 2, 2019 23:08

Hand slap at philly 2002 and love in vain and just a great great show.
then pic at Atlanta and b stage. awesomeness.
then the bomb threat at UVA Charlottesville where I had the flu and then the Sarsfest disaster in Toronto and then my love fest at the b stage in Wash DC.
the list goes on and on.

love this band forever and forever

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 2, 2019 23:21

Taking my daughters to their only show(so far), Fenway #1, and watching various reactions from them throughout the night.....

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 3, 2019 00:32

I saw them for the first time in 1994 but was ready to see them multiple times in 1997. Columbus was my first show that year and seeing the web vote for the first time coming down to Waiting On A Friend and then Mick saying "It looks like Gimme Shelter wins this time. We haven't done it but don't worry we know it". That is my favorite song of theirs and I think it went into the permanent setlist every show after that. So, that would be my moment from a great show back when well over 20 songs was still the norm and the B2B tracks were from the "upcoming album coming out next week".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 00:36 by tonyc.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: December 3, 2019 03:46

The Rolling Stones
(with Stevie Wonder)
Denver, Colorado
June 16, 1972
Denver Coliseum
12th Row Center
Best concert of my lifetime!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home