Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Another Stones Song Featured in a Movie
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 29, 2019 05:46

Today I saw a Netflix movie entitled Let It Snow. It was not a bad movie and featured the relationships between a number of teenage boys and girls. One scene depicts the young hip hop male star sharing a Stones song he liked a great deal with the young lady's dad. The father then proceeded to do a spot on imitation of Jagger strutting around the stage.

The song was 100 Years Ago, one of my favorites. How many Stones songs have been used in movies throughout the years ? Anyone know ?

Seriously, if you have not heard this song, you should play it right away. It is a classic.

Re: Another Stones Song Featured in a Movie
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 29, 2019 06:04

I was happy to see Sweet Virginia played over the credits at the end of the movie Knives Out. thumbs up

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: November 29, 2019 07:10

flilflam

The song was 100 Years Ago, one of my favorites. How many Stones songs have been used in movies throughout the years ? Anyone know ?

Seriously, if you have not heard this song, you should play it right away. It is a classic.

I was watching John Carpenter’s ‘Christine’ (1983) the other day when all of a sudden ‘Beast of Burden’ started playing on the car radio. This unexpected pleasure acted like an electric jolt to my brain, awakening me to the fact that this was an excruciatingly lame movie which I should stop watching. So I did. Thank ya, Mick & Keith.

100 Years Ago is a classic, you say? Well, perhaps I’ll give it a spin…I’m just so darn lazy. Remind me again next year.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 29, 2019 21:46

Haven't seen the movie, but at least Gimmie Shelter is in the trailer for "Ford Vs. Ferrari".

[www.youtube.com]

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 29, 2019 21:57

There was a thread with a long list of Stones songs in movies. Don't know where exactly.

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: November 30, 2019 04:13

I saw that movie last night and my wife looked over at me and said "Go ahead. Just start singing."

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 30, 2019 07:58

My wife and I just got back from seeing Knives Out and I did not expect to hear Sweet Virginia at the conclusion of the movie.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 2, 2019 15:23

I'm going to see Knives Out tomorrow. I was already looking forward to it but Sweet Virginia will be a bonus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home