Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour: Indian Girl live????
Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 27, 2019 17:39

I just looked up the SW/Urban Jungle tour on wiki and in the list of songs played (under "other songs played")it included "Indian Girl". eye popping smiley

This was brand new information to me, and I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of things. Does anyone know when/where this was played in '89/'90?

Re: Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour: Indian Girl live????
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 27, 2019 17:44

I think they mixed this up with Blinded by Love. Both embarassing songs to be honest

Date: November 27, 2019 17:47

hockenheim95
I think they mixed this up with Blinded by Love. Both embarassing songs to be honest

Yeah must have. I must say I love the fiddle at the end of Blinded by Love and the bass in Indian Girl, but otherwise.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-27 21:28 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 27, 2019 18:47

I actually like both those songs, sue me

Date: November 27, 2019 19:45

floodonthepage
hockenheim95

Yeah. I must say I love the fiddle at the end of Blinded by Love and the bass in Indian Girl, but otherwise.....

Every site says Bill is playing that bass, but it surely must be Keith?

Listen to the stops. Exactly what he does on guitar, when he wants to shake up the rhythm a bit. Sounds like he's joking at times. I doubt that Bill would ever do stops like these.

Date: November 27, 2019 21:16

DandelionPowderman
floodonthepage
hockenheim95

Yeah. I must say I love the fiddle at the end of Blinded by Love and the bass in Indian Girl, but otherwise.....

Listen to the stops. Exactly what he does on guitar, when he wants to shake up the rhythm a bit. Sounds like he's joking at times. I doubt that Bill would ever do stops like these.

It's funny. It's happened to me before over the years (decades) where I loved the bass on a Stones track and then found out it was Keith. "Live With Me" comes to mind. There are some similar stops/starts in "I Think I'm Going Mad" too...Keith again? cool smiley That bass is really the highlight of "Indian Girl" for me, although those horns are fun too. They lift an otherwise somewhat forgettable song, lyrically anyway.

Date: November 27, 2019 21:19

Send It To me
I actually like both those songs, sue me

No suing here. I do like "Blinded by Love" overall more than "Indian Girl", though neither of them are really go-to songs for me. Both are certainly better than "Blinded by Rainbows"....yikes. Nothing lyrically or musically redeeming about that one for me. cool smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 27, 2019 21:28

I like both "Indian Girl" and "Blinded by Love" well enough. I prefer "Blinded by Love" despite the sometimes clunky lyrics.

"Blinded by Rainbows" I love. I prefer it to "She's a Rainbow."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-27 21:29 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 27, 2019 21:52

Rocky Dijon

(facepalm)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 27, 2019 23:06

Oh Rocky we need ta take a long
drive together in a Cybertruck with a massive stereo ……. I'll drive

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 28, 2019 00:34

floodonthepage
DandelionPowderman
floodonthepage
hockenheim95

It's funny. It's happened to me before over the years (decades) where I loved the bass on a Stones track and then found out it was Keith. "Live With Me" comes to mind. There are some similar stops/starts in "I Think I'm Going Mad" too...Keith again? cool smiley That bass is really the highlight of "Indian Girl" for me, although those horns are fun too. They lift an otherwise somewhat forgettable song, lyrically anyway.

I've had that experience with Keith as well. Or Mick Taylor when I found out he plays bass on Fingerprint File.

I like Blinded By Love but not Blinded By Rainbows. They're both awful obviously in the grand scheme of things, but Blinded By Love is its own stupid little charming song.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 28, 2019 00:37

I agree with Rocky Dijon on this one, in my humble opinion Blinded By Rainbows and Indian Girl piss*s all over a lot of the psychedelic 60's stuff (for instance most of TSMR).

Blinded By Love is alright as well, I love listening to the section of Hearts For Sale/Blinded By Love/RAAHP/Can't Be Seen while frying eggs in the morning.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 28, 2019 04:32

floodonthepage
hockenheim95

Yeah must have. I must say I love the fiddle at the end of Blinded by Love and the bass in Indian Girl, but otherwise.....

I heard someone blasting Blinded By Love in the French Quarter one night, up on some gallery, and I was quite amazed - it sounded fantastic.

Perhaps it's not as bad as some people think.

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: November 28, 2019 12:28

As for me Indian girl is a great song, the best and most underrated of emmotional rescue.

iwould like one new song in that way

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 28, 2019 18:25

Indian girl yuk!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home