Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Bill Wyman book "Stones From The Inside"
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 3, 2020 08:26

I was going to say Bill looks just like my granny now. Reading his comments on the pics I have to say he also sounds like her

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 3, 2020 08:55

Yer granny didn't play bass for the Rolling Stones

jb

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 3, 2020 21:09

rockerparis
Can't put the pics on the site but here are the links:
including a pic with the piece of paper glued to the book with Bill's autograph.
With friends we have bought several books, each signature is different, NO auto-pen.

https://www.facebook.com/Rockerparis/photos/pcb.2860885553971824/2860883950638651/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/Rockerparis/photos/pcb.2860885553971824/2860884220638624/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/Rockerparis/photos/pcb.2860885553971824/2860884110638635/?type=3&theater

Thanks for the pics and info on the autographs being different, here's the "signed bookplate" :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 4, 2020 02:15

I am not sure it makes a whole lot of difference, to me anyway, whether he signed the actual book or signed a tip-in. Its not like he is personalizing the autograph that much anyhow. He has a stack of sheets in front of him to sign, no difference from having a stack of books in front of him except maybe it looks a bit less daunting. For sixty bucks, the book is worth it (again, to me) and the autograph is just the cherry on top.

jb

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 4, 2020 11:28

Pretty much the same sentiments here, jb. Whenever you buy an autograph you can never be quite sure if it's authentic or not.

Date: March 5, 2020 05:13

I think there is little doubt the autograph is authentic. I doubt a company would be offering these (and speaking like they got Bill coming in soon to do another run) without the involvement of Wyman, or he would be on this like flies on shat.

If you mean he might be having his secretary or some functionary sign them for him, I would trust he was not running a scam like that.

Its not particularly easy work, ones hand gets pretty tired after a while. I am amazed he does it for such a low price, it implies to me he cares about the project and is doing it for his appreciators. I like that. Its also selling copies of the book, all authors struggle with that, especially these days.

jb

Date: March 5, 2020 06:13

I received an autograph from Bill back in 2004 at a hotel in the south of France. He's not much of a talker, but it was cool that he signed the dvd that I bought that night after the show.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 5, 2020 07:23

charlesbaudelaire
I received an autograph from Bill back in 2004 at a hotel in the south of France. He's not much of a talker, but it was cool that he signed the dvd that I bought that night after the show.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

I'll bet he's a talker once he gets warmed up to you. Charlie doesn't cotton up to strangers neither.

Date: March 5, 2020 16:43

jbwelda
I think there is little doubt the autograph is authentic. I doubt a company would be offering these (and speaking like they got Bill coming in soon to do another run) without the involvement of Wyman, or he would be on this like flies on shat.

If you mean he might be having his secretary or some functionary sign them for him, I would trust he was not running a scam like that.

Its not particularly easy work, ones hand gets pretty tired after a while. I am amazed he does it for such a low price, it implies to me he cares about the project and is doing it for his appreciators. I like that. Its also selling copies of the book, all authors struggle with that, especially these days.

jb

Isn't PremiereCollectibles based in the US ? I doubt Wyman is flying in to sign these "bookplates" based on (one of) the reason he left the Stones ;-) That would also explain why it's not the books being signed. So maybe the CEO of that company flew in and sat down with Wyman while he signed them (if not how could he issue a certificate ?) and then flew back with them ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Bill Wyman´s New Book - Stones from the inside 2020
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 14, 2019 20:52

Stones From the Inside
Rare and Unseen Images
Bill Wyman

Not yet printed due - 02/20
Hardback
ACC Art Books
Territory: World
Size: 300 mm x 237 mm
Pages: 272
Illustrations: 246 colour, 28 b&w

RRP £40.00

Known, unknown, rare and unseen images from former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman, capturing life on-stage, backstage and on the road
In addition to this trade edition, there will also be a limited edition of 300 copies, which comes in a slipcase, with an open-edition A4 print

[www.accartbooks.com]

Re: Bill Wyman´s New Book - Stones from the inside 2020
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 14, 2019 21:13

I think it will be a great collectible. Knowing Bill's sense for perfection (I once had a tiny contribution to his RollingWithTheStones) this collection of photos will have been selected with accurate passion. I look forward to it!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 14, 2019 21:30

never before seen colonoscopic images

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 14, 2019 22:23

i'd reckon the book of photos we won't see from Bill is the most probably massive collection of his photos of girl's legs..

winking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 14, 2019 22:36

Looks tasty!!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 14, 2019 22:44

duke richardson
i'd reckon the book of photos we won't see from Bill is the most probably massive collection of his photos of girl's legs..

winking smiley

You never know ...grinning smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 15, 2019 01:24

Excellent news. Suprised it's not got a pre Christmas publication date.
Glad to hear that its retailing at a sensible price, also.
Still hoping to afford to buy his Scrapbook sometime!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2019 03:18

Nice!
Thanks for the info and link!!

Already spotted a typo in the promo though..
"Wyman now enjoys photographing landscapes and wildlife."

Should read.. "Wyman now also enjoys photographing landscapes" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 15, 2019 04:05

With the right medication, ol' Perky may still enjoy the wild life. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2019 04:12

ab
With the right medication, ol' Perky may still enjoy the wild life. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?
Say no more.. say no more winking smiley

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: November 15, 2019 16:53

Do you think he will ever publish the follow up to Stone Alone?

Posted by: curt ()
Date: November 17, 2019 07:26

georgie48
I think it will be a great collectible. Knowing Bill's sense for perfection (I once had a tiny contribution to his RollingWithTheStones) this collection of photos will have been selected with accurate passion. I look forward to it!

Quite selective they were on that Rolling With The Stones book, I submitted 55 items and only 7 were used.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: November 17, 2019 18:44

I bought his scrapbook at full price and then it was reduced to £60 !

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 17, 2019 19:23

curt
georgie48

Quite selective they were on that Rolling With The Stones book, I submitted 55 items and only 7 were used.

I think Rolling with the Stones was a sort of follow up.
Stone Alone is fine but the prose is somewhat leaden and of course you had the constant reference to the state of his bank balance.
As with Keith's book, I thought the early part, pre fame was probably the most interesting. You get to hear so much about the fame years that really nothing is new (or its constrained by the lawyers).
Rolling With is very good....lots of excellent and new photos etc. Less need for narrative.

Date: November 17, 2019 20:09

jlowe
curt
georgie48

I think Rolling with the Stones was a sort of follow up.
Stone Alone is fine but the prose is somewhat leaden and of course you had the constant reference to the state of his bank balance.
As with Keith's book, I thought the early part, pre fame was probably the most interesting. You get to hear so much about the fame years that really nothing is new (or its constrained by the lawyers).
Rolling With is very good....lots of excellent and new photos etc. Less need for narrative.

Don't forget Keith's cooking chapter winking smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 5, 2020 13:10

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-05 18:41 by Honestman.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 6, 2020 14:44

The atrange thing to me about the so called autographed book is that on Bill’s own shop, you can’t buy a copy......

Only on this site

[premierecollectibles.com]

Date: March 6, 2020 19:04

Huh...that thread got completely messed up by a "merge" I suppose so I'll repost the latest message in the active thread before that happened ;-)

jbwelda

jb

Isn't PremiereCollectibles based in the US ? I doubt Wyman is flying in to sign these "bookplates" based on (one of) the reason he left the Stones ;-) That would also explain why it's not the books being signed. So maybe the CEO of that company flew in and sat down with Wyman while he signed them (if not how could he issue a certificate ?) and then flew back with them ?

--------------

Date: March 7, 2020 04:07

I did notice they seemed to be based in the US but I figured either they have a London office or store, or they have some arrangement over there for Wyman to sign the tip-ins. Certainly plausible. And the cert of authenticity would be valid as long as whoever signed it believed they were being signed by Bill. Not that those certs are worth anything anyhow, if someone is faking autographs what keeps them from falsifying some certificate of bogusness.

One issue I do have are the signatures I have seen...its pretty hard to make out his name from that scribble. Maybe some are better than others but it is much more legible in my copy of Blinds & Shutters.

But again, to me, the book is worth sixty bucks, signature or not. Am anxious to receive it and take a look actually.

jb

Date: March 7, 2020 12:28

Yep, same here, mine will be shipping next week apparently...it seems Bill signed the bookplates during several sessions.

Too bad Rockerparis' picture with the three different signatures didn't come through. Here's a good place to upload pictures to share them here : [postimages.org]

--------------

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1148
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home