Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Bill Wyman book "Stones From The Inside"
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 25, 2019 11:23

Bill will be signing copies of 'Stones From The Inside', this Thursday evening
(6-9pm) at Hatchards, Piccadilly as part of the bookshop's annual Xmas customer evening....

[www.hatchards.co.uk]

Bill Wyman will be signing copies of “Stones From the Inside” exclusively for this one night only. The queue will be managed on a first come, first served basis. Each customer is limited to no more than two copies of the book. Due to time constraints it will not be possible for him to sign any memorabilia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-11 12:03 by bv.

Re: Bill Wyman - London book signing
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 25, 2019 12:52

But is the book already available?

C

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 25, 2019 13:05

it will be on the night

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 25, 2019 13:52

Despite the time constraints would anybody purchasing like to ask Bill when his Diaries are going to get published? (Or have his Lawyers advised against it).
Seriously though, good to see Bill more 'visible' these days and hope he gets on stage a bit more, even if it is only for guest slots.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: November 25, 2019 14:44

I do find it a bit annoying that Bill is unwilling to sign memorabilia but is quite happy to milk his Stones legacy again and again.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 25, 2019 19:49

Captain Teague
I do find it a bit annoying that Bill is unwilling to sign memorabilia but is quite happy to milk his Stones legacy again and again.

Talk to Ringo. Same deal. With so many people out there just wanting autographs to sell on ebay, I don't blame them. There seems to be 10 of them for every honest fan who just wants one thing signed. And it's a book signing. Why should they have to buy their copy, stand in line for god knows how long, while other people bring ten copies or more of various LPs and CDs to be signed?

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 25, 2019 20:20

If you buy a book and he was going to sign it then it would take the same amount of time for him to sign an album, photo, cd, etc. Hand him a book or hand him Let it Bleed, it's the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-25 20:21 by nick.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2019 00:31

Yeah take in a copy of Blue & Lonesome and ask 'im him ta sign it …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2019 01:43

nick
If you buy a book and he was going to sign it then it would take the same amount of time for him to sign an album, photo, cd, etc. Hand him a book or hand him Let it Bleed, it's the same thing.

Not the point.

The point is he is selling his book.
Want an autograph? Buy the book.

If he was signing anything, people would be showing up with all kinds of stones memorabilia, and everyone and their brother would want to have more than one item.
A book is an easy sign, handlers know right where to open it up to for signature and the line (and more importantly to him) and BOOKS both move very quickly.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 1, 2019 06:50

Adrian-L
it will be on the night

Was it?

'cos in an earlier thread about the book (14th Nov 2019) [iorr.org] it's described as not yet printed!

Imagine how valuable a rare signed pre-print would be!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 1, 2019 15:29

There were a limited number of copies available on the night Bill signed them all I was very fortunate to acquire two myself.

Nate

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 1, 2019 17:00

---Does anybody have an extra autographed copy they are willing to sell ?- EDIT thank you ebay...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-02 15:07 by detroitken.

Date: December 1, 2019 17:23

detroitken
Does anybody have an extra autographed copy they are willing to sell ?

I will sell you one of my copies for seven hundred million pounds alternatively there are some available on eBay.

Nate

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 2, 2019 17:56

Adrian and/or Nate,
could you post some pictures??

Date: December 2, 2019 22:24

Sorry but I have to admit I still can’t get my around how to upload photos on here.

Nate

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 3, 2019 00:21

MisterDDDD
nick

Not the point.

The point is he is selling his book.
Want an autograph? Buy the book.

If he was signing anything, people would be showing up with all kinds of stones memorabilia, and everyone and their brother would want to have more than one item.
A book is an easy sign, handlers know right where to open it up to for signature and the line (and more importantly to him) and BOOKS both move very quickly.

Well said

This is not an autograph show signing where he is expected to sign anything you put in front of him where is getting some large fee as Bill is signing to sell his books.

Why would anyone expect him to sign other stuff when his time is limited and it is a book signing?

As far as milking the Stones legacy I would say he earned the right to sell books about his life with the Stones yes?

Interesting that Amazon US has a release date of April 30, 2020.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 00:24 by oldschool.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 4, 2019 13:37

[www.amazon.com]

500 bucks is quite an amount ...

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: December 12, 2019 02:20

Captain Teague

His choice. No one is being forced to stand in the que.

Date: December 12, 2019 02:26

take a deck-chair with Stones Tongue cushion ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: December 12, 2019 05:37

You can buy the hardcover version for $54.00 on Amazon.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 12, 2019 06:35

Does anyone else think Stones should rehire Bill for bass duties? I think its the weakest link of the current band. Bill made a great rhythm section paired with Charlie Watts. The band has just not sounded the same since he quit.

jb

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 12, 2019 07:02

jbwelda
Does anyone else think Stones should rehire Bill for bass duties? I think its the weakest link of the current band. Bill made a great rhythm section paired with Charlie Watts. The band has just not sounded the same since he quit.

jb

Of course they don't sound the same. No matter who it it, it wouldn't sound the same. Just different. What were they supposed to do when he left, just retire?

plexi

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 12, 2019 10:05

>What were they supposed to do when he left, just retire?

Tough decision. Maybe ask him back?

jb

Date: December 12, 2019 10:12

What were they supposed to do when he left, just retire

surely Bill coulda gave the four of em jobs at Sticky Fingers …

doorman ... waiter… kitchen hand … dish-washer ..... house band even

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 12, 2019 11:37

Bill was great in and for The Stones but it's a tad disingenuous to Daryl to call for Bill's return (imo). Daryl's given 26 years of good service now and I'm happy with that. Anyway with or without Bill I doubt they'd get this purported new album out any quickerwinking smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 12, 2019 13:04

Nate
There were a limited number of copies available on the night Bill signed them all I was very fortunate to acquire two myself.

Nate

Well that sucks for those who just saw the last book being sold right in front of them...

Date: December 12, 2019 14:58

Koen
Nate

Nate

Well that sucks for those who just saw the last book being sold right in front of them...

I bought one for myself and one for someone else who couldn’t make the event.
There were people in line asking who the famous person was signing the book one person even asked who Bill Ryman was so yes some of those people missed out and deservedly so when they are only there because they want a photo with someone just because they are famous.

Nate

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 12, 2019 18:32

Great picture of Bill

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 12, 2019 18:54

What about the content of the book?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 12, 2019 23:52

mtaylor
Great picture of Bill

Bill looks good and happy!

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home