Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Hank Williams
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2020 23:01

First essential release of 2020 …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: February 27, 2020 12:54

I have a ticket for the Stones in Atlanta. Before coming back home (France), I have few days to spent. Montgomery (Alabama) is not that far from Atlanta.

I plan to visit Montgomery. I would like to go to the grave of Hank Williams and the museum. I also plan to buy cowboy boots in Montgomery (a first time for me). Very nice to wear with trousers, to show or hide the decoration.

Any advice ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 27, 2020 15:26

I-85 South will get you pointed in the right direction.

Lots of American Civil Rights sites in the area too (Atlanta and Montgomery).

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 28, 2020 09:45

RiffKichards
I have a ticket for the Stones in Atlanta. Before coming back home (France), I have few days to spent. Montgomery (Alabama) is not that far from Atlanta.

I plan to visit Montgomery. I would like to go to the grave of Hank Williams and the museum. I also plan to buy cowboy boots in Montgomery (a first time for me). Very nice to wear with trousers, to show or hide the decoration.

Any advice ?

Thank you very much in advance.

The guys on this site did a great job with the Hank selections, you’ll hear a song called Honky Tonk Blues that might have a familiar chorus”I’ve got the hawwwnky tonk blues.

Speaking of blues, Alabama has a great history, not sure how far you’ll be from the WC Handy museum and I think you’re a long drive from Muscle Shoals but they’re in ol Bama if you wanna go.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 28, 2020 10:16

Many years ago I read a biography of Hank by Chet Flippo which I remember as being quite good. Flippo also wrote a good book about the Stones 78 tour.

syrel

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 28, 2020 18:28

Hey RiffKichards: If you're gonna get cowboy boots, and you can swing it, go for Lucchese or Tony Lama boots. There's also, for your Hank pilgrimage, his boyhood home in Georgiana, Alabama, heading south from Montgomery along I65, which you might wanna include on your journey. For a real southern journey, you could also journey northwest from Montgomery to Tupelo, Mississippi, and check out Elvis Presley's childhood home there and the chapel/museum next to it.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 28, 2020 18:39

Also, Macon is about 70 miles south of Atlanta and features a rich musical heritage - Allman Bros., Little Richard, Otis Redding, etc.

[thebighousemuseum.com]

Date: February 28, 2020 19:55

dmay
Hey RiffKichards: If you're gonna get cowboy boots, and you can swing it, go for Lucchese or Tony Lama boots. There's also, for your Hank pilgrimage, his boyhood home in Georgiana, Alabama, heading south from Montgomery along I65, which you might wanna include on your journey. For a real southern journey, you could also journey northwest from Montgomery to Tupelo, Mississippi, and check out Elvis Presley's childhood home there and the chapel/museum next to it.

Thank you very much dmay. That’s nice of you. smileys with beer

Date: February 28, 2020 20:00

Elmo Lewis
Also, Macon is about 70 miles south of Atlanta and features a rich musical heritage - Allman Bros., Little Richard, Otis Redding, etc.

[thebighousemuseum.com]

Thank you... it seems interesting. thumbs up

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 2, 2020 23:54

Record Store Day 2020:
Hank Williams & His Drifting Cowboys With Miss Audrey - 1951 March Of Dimes (10") BMG Complete 1951 March Of Dimes performance on 10" red vinyl.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home