Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Drive-by Truckers 2020 tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 21, 2019 11:47

1 of the better American bands, Drive-by Truckers, just announced a major tour of the US & Europe. There is even a Stones connection. 1 of the singers (Patterson Hood) dad is bass player David Hood of Muscle Shoals, Traffic & Waterboys fame. Also, during the recording of the upcoming DBT record in Memphis Mick Jagger stopped by to visit with the band. I'm not sure if he is on the record but the band was quite pleased that he came by. These guys would be perfect openers for the Stones. Check them out!

Jan 16, 2020 Boulder, CO Fox Theatre
Jan 17, 2020 Englewood, CO Gothic Theatre
Jan 18, 2020 Englewood, CO Gothic Theatre
Feb 13, 2020 Athens, GA 40 Watt The Dexateens
Feb 14, 2020 Athens, GA 40 Watt Camp Amped Band / Grand Vapids SOLD OUT
Feb 15, 2020 Athens, GA 40 Watt Jerry Joseph and the Stiff Boys SOLD OUT
Feb 18, 2020 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle
Feb 19, 2020 Charlottesville, VA Jefferson Theater
Feb 21, 2020 New York, NY Webster Hall
Feb 22, 2020 Boston, MA Somerville Theatre
Feb 23, 2020 Portland, ME State Theatre
Feb 25, 2020 New Haven, CT College Street Music Hall
Feb 27, 2020 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer
Feb 28, 2020 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
Feb 29, 2020 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
Mar 12, 2020 Indianapolis, IN The Vogue
Mar 13, 2020 Chicago, IL Metro
Mar 14, 2020 St Paul, MN Palace Theatre
Mar 17, 2020 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
Mar 18, 2020 Seattle, WA The Showbox
Mar 20, 2020 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom
Mar 21, 2020 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom
Mar 22, 2020 Arcata, CA Van Duzer Theatre
Mar 24, 2020 Petaluma, CA Mystic Theatre
Mar 26, 2020 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
Mar 27, 2020 Los Angeles, CA The Regent Theater
Mar 28, 2020 Phoenix, AZ The Van Buren
Mar 31, 2020 Albuquerque, NM El Rey Theater
Apr 2, 2020 Dallas, TX Granada Theater
Apr 3, 2020 Austin, TX Scoot Inn
Apr 4, 2020 Austin, TX Scoot Inn
Apr 16, 2020 Asheville, NC The Orange Peel
Apr 17, 2020 Asheville, NC The Orange Peel
Apr 18, 2020 Charleston, NC High Water Festival
Apr 21, 2020 Winston-Salem, NC The Ramkat
Apr 23, 2020 Lexington, KY Manchester Music Hall
Apr 24, 2020 St Louis, MO The Pageant
Apr 25, 2020 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
Apr 27, 2020 Pensacola, FL Vinyl Music Hall
Apr 28, 2020 Orlando, FL The Plaza Live
Apr 29, 2020 Ponte Vedra Beach, FL The Plaza Live
May 1, 2020 Birmingham, AL Iron City
May 2, 2020 Atlanta, GA Shaky Knees
June 1, 2020 Raalte, Netherlands Ribs & Blues
June 3, 2020 Dublin, Ireland Vicar Street
June 5, 2020 Leeds, UK Irish Centre
June 6, 2020 London, UK O2 Forum
June 7, 2020 Amsterdam, Netherlands Paradiso
June 8, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium De Roma
June 9, 2020 Koln, Germany Kantine
June 11, 2020 Berlin, Germany Kesselhaus
June 12, 2020 Copenhagen, Denmark Amager Bio
June 13, 2020 Stockholm, Sweden Sthlm Americana
June 14, 2020 Oslo, Norway Rockefeller
June 15, 2020 Aarhus, Denmark Train

Re: OT: Drive-by Truckers 2020 tour
Date: November 21, 2019 12:36

Yeah, it makes more sense to post this here. I had sent this to GasLightStreet in some other thread. Love this song; wish it went on forever.[youtu.be]

Meant to say, one time I saw them in a big place, and at the end when everyone throws up their aRm with a drink was just mind blowing.

This is the other song I was hypnotized by once. I work in a busy bar, and one night I started just stop working, and stand listening to this looong song.[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-21 12:47 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 21, 2019 15:31

Is Jason Isbell on board?

Just asking in light of the Black Crowes tour.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 21, 2019 16:04

Isbell's done quite well on his own. Doubt he'd be interested in going back.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2019 16:27

Is Jason Isbell a part of this ? Or is he completely a solo artist ?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 21, 2019 16:31

Isbell left DBT in 2007.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: November 21, 2019 18:21

The Truckers often cover Stones songs in their set. I have a recording of a Patterson Hood solo show where he covered Star Star, Loving Cup, Silver Train, BTMMR, Moonlight Mile and Shattered.

Stones fams should embrace this band.

HBK

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2019 18:35

bye bye johnny
Isbell left DBT in 2007.
That's what I thought .

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 21, 2019 19:15

HouseBoyKnows
The Truckers often cover Stones songs in their set. I have a recording of a Patterson Hood solo show where he covered Star Star, Loving Cup, Silver Train, BTMMR, Moonlight Mile and Shattered.

HBK

We have plenty of Stones cover bands here in L.A.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 21, 2019 19:22

I'm a huge DBT fan. Cooley is the man!

Date: November 21, 2019 19:40

Dan
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

they are so much more than that. any stones covers are frosting on the cake. 2 excellent writers/singers in the band. when jason isbell was in it was 3 & it got to be a too much. also, jason had some issues which he has since taken care of. he still shows up once in awhile at shows for a few songs. just an all around great band!

Date: November 21, 2019 19:40

Gaetzi
I'm a huge DBT fan. Cooley is the man!

Cooley is hilarious. I saw the Dimmer Twins a few months back & it was highly entertaining.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: November 21, 2019 21:48

crholmstrom
Dan
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

they are so much more than that. any stones covers are frosting on the cake. 2 excellent writers/singers in the band. when jason isbell was in it was 3 & it got to be a too much. also, jason had some issues which he has since taken care of. he still shows up once in awhile at shows for a few songs. just an all around great band!

Yep. They might do 1 Stones cover every few shows, often as the encore. The Hood show I mentioned is from 2006 and was meant to be a bit of Stones tribute special event. I only mentioned it to show they are in the right place musically.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 21, 2019 23:03

I don't think they're played any Stones covers in years.

Date: November 21, 2019 23:05

Gaetzi
I don't think they're played any Stones covers in years.

More likely to get Prince or Ramones. A bit of Clash once in awhile. Isbell does a superb CYHMK!

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: November 22, 2019 03:13

I have my ticket for a Patterson Hood solo show next month in Dallas and I just bought my ticket for an April DBT show as well. Good times.
Jason Isbell has a habit of showing up and playing unannounced with his wife Amanda Shires' band if he doesn't have a show the same night. You can't go wrong with any of these folks.
Back when Jason was in DBT they would frequently tour with one of my favorite local north Texas bands, Slobberbone. At one point, Slobberbone's guitar player Jess Barr had his gold top Les Paul and amp sticky fingered out of his car after a gig. Being a nice guy and fellow guitar player Jason had a brand new red top Les Paul shipped to Jess' house. I think that was a pretty cool thing to do.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 22, 2019 03:16

Palace Revolution 2000
Yeah, it makes more sense to post this here. I had sent this to GasLightStreet in some other thread. Love this song; wish it went on forever.[youtu.be]

Meant to say, one time I saw them in a big place, and at the end when everyone throws up their aRm with a drink was just mind blowing.

This is the other song I was hypnotized by once. I work in a busy bar, and one night I started just stop working, and stand listening to this looong song.[youtu.be]

I can't remember what thread that was.

Drive-By Truckers are KILLER. As in, they're a bit more of a mental aspect than just, I dunno, 25,000 knuckle draggers fist thumping in unison like Metallica.

Isbell leaving them was, it turns out, a great career move for him and DBT. Although 2 of his songs greatest DBT songs are... 1 and 2 for DBT's popular 5 songs on Spotify.

Date: November 22, 2019 03:18

crholmstrom
1 of the better American bands, Drive-by Truckers, just announced a major tour of the US & Europe. There is even a Stones connection. 1 of the singers (Patterson Hood) dad is bass player David Hood of Muscle Shoals, Traffic & Waterboys fame. Also, during the recording of the upcoming DBT record in Memphis Mick Jagger stopped by to visit with the band. I'm not sure if he is on the record but the band was quite pleased that he came by. These guys would be perfect openers for the Stones. Check them out!

Date: November 22, 2019 03:28

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

think that is the happiest i've ever seen Mike Cooley look!

Date: January 31, 2020 23:34

new record "the unraveling" out today. it is a fine, fine record & i think a lot of stones fans would enjoy it. very different sound from their last one. also, its a very political record but its politics from the heart. this is a great band that deserves a little more attention than they have received. the current lineup is excellent. check it out if you get the chance, don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 02:05

crholmstrom

think that is the happiest i've ever seen Mike Cooley look!

DBT on meeting MJ

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2020 02:17

MOJO 274 --- March 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2020 02:20

Aside from his English manners, Cooley remembers Jagger walking around with his signature onstage swagger.
“Even in that setting,” he says, “he moved around with that energetic sense of movement.

He’s always been over the top with his movements, constantly in motion, real physical.
He seems to always move around with that same sense of purpose, even at 76 years old. He’s a ball of energy. It’s pretty amazing ……….

ROCKMAN

Date: February 1, 2020 02:50

Thanks Rockman & xke38. Glad there is some interest here! I've been a fan since "Southern Rock Opera".

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 05:06

Headin' to the Rock Show in St. Louis in April. DBT are kind of an addiction after the first time you see them.

Date: February 1, 2020 11:36

TumblinDice76
Headin' to the Rock Show in St. Louis in April. DBT are kind of an addiction after the first time you see them.

I'm seeing them in a club in March, then Wilco the next night in a theater. That's a pretty damn good music week in my estimation.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: February 2, 2020 09:04

April 18 is Charleston SC, not NC....great band and yes, they would kick butt as an opener!

Date: February 3, 2020 06:30

Wow, I just looked at those dates again and am still surprised they aren't coming to New Orleans.

Oh well.

THE UNRAVELING is pretty damn good - closer to DECORATION DAY than any of the previous 4 LPs they've done!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home