Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: OT: Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard 2022 Tour
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 12:17

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
For me I just find the timing of the announcement of Mars’ replacement a little callous, but who am I??

Ah.

They obviously knew way in advance.

The Stones kind of did a similar thing recently. AC/DC hired Axl Rose. The Who... well, whatever.

Big contracts are exactly those. If the band/artist doesn't come through... we may never know the truth of if something was cancelled and what the cost would be since various acts carry on.

Well for the Stones they were about to go on tour, so I can understand that. AC/DC were already on tour, again understandable. Not sure of The Who situation so I can’t comment. I believe the Crue are done til next year correct? I’d have to look up their schedule to confirm that but if so, it seemed rushed IMO. After all that Mars has given to the band I just think the remaining guys could have shown a little more respect for him. It kind of reminds me of when Vince was ousted and Corabi was brought in. If memory serves I believe there was a similar speed to the announcement. Maybe Sixx just really is that much of an ass IDK.

Date: October 31, 2022 12:24

Yeah I see no dates til next spring in Europe so they could have waited IMO.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 31, 2022 19:41

Maybe Mick Mars was aware there would be a statement and/or maybe it was his decision to release the statement.
It's not as if he was kicked out of the band, and he's seemingly still on 100% good terms with them all based on the respectful statement itself.
If he passed away and the statement was released so soon I could understand the controversy, but he's still alive so not sure what all the commotion is about.

Date: October 31, 2022 19:51

No commotion really. I was just stating my opinion that I felt the timing was off is all. You're right Hairball, Mars could have very well have greenlighted the statement - we'll never know. For me, it just rubbed me wrong is all. But hey to each their own. It has no affect on me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-19 03:45 by VoodooLounge13.

OT - Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen assaulted at hotel.
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 17, 2023 18:59

DEF LEPPARD DRUMMER Rick Allen was attacked by a 19-year-old man outside of his hotel in Florida over the weekend, according to a Fort Lauderdale Police report obtained by Rolling Stone.

Max Edward Hartley — an Ohio resident visiting the Fort Lauderdale area — was arrested and charged with two counts of battery, four counts of criminal mischief, and a count of abusing an elderly or disabled adult after lunging at the musician “at a full run” while outside of the Four Seasons hotel.

The seemingly unprompted attack caused the 59-year-old drummer — who lives with one arm due to a 1984 car accident — to “hit his head on the ground causing injury,” per the report, viewed by Rolling Stone. Hartley was allegedly watching the musician from “behind a pole” before the attack.

After striking Allen, Hartley allegedly hit another woman who had come out to help the musician. “While she is on the ground, the defendant continues to batter her by striking her. She attempts to escape by running into the hotel,” the report read. “The defendant then grabs her by her hair and drags her out of the lobby and back onto the sidewalk before fleeing the area.”

Hartley was arrested near the Conrad hotel after he damaged “numerous vehicles” in the parking garage, per the report. Allen provided a sworn statement to the police and “expressed his desire” for prosecution.

The incident occurred while Allen and the band were staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for their co-headlining show with Mötley Crüe in the city on March 12.

BY TOMÁS MIER Rolling Stone Magazine

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT - Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen assaulted at hotel.
Date: March 19, 2023 03:46

The Sicilian
DEF LEPPARD DRUMMER Rick Allen was attacked by a 19-year-old man outside of his hotel in Florida over the weekend, according to a Fort Lauderdale Police report obtained by Rolling Stone.

Max Edward Hartley — an Ohio resident visiting the Fort Lauderdale area — was arrested and charged with two counts of battery, four counts of criminal mischief, and a count of abusing an elderly or disabled adult after lunging at the musician “at a full run” while outside of the Four Seasons hotel.

The seemingly unprompted attack caused the 59-year-old drummer — who lives with one arm due to a 1984 car accident — to “hit his head on the ground causing injury,” per the report, viewed by Rolling Stone. Hartley was allegedly watching the musician from “behind a pole” before the attack.

After striking Allen, Hartley allegedly hit another woman who had come out to help the musician. “While she is on the ground, the defendant continues to batter her by striking her. She attempts to escape by running into the hotel,” the report read. “The defendant then grabs her by her hair and drags her out of the lobby and back onto the sidewalk before fleeing the area.”

Hartley was arrested near the Conrad hotel after he damaged “numerous vehicles” in the parking garage, per the report. Allen provided a sworn statement to the police and “expressed his desire” for prosecution.

The incident occurred while Allen and the band were staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for their co-headlining show with Mötley Crüe in the city on March 12.

BY TOMÁS MIER Rolling Stone Magazine

[www.rollingstone.com]

WTF?!?!?!?!

Re: OT: Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard 2022 - 2023 Tour
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 19, 2023 05:24

i'll second that response

just awfulsad smiley

OT: Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard 2022 - 2023 Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 20, 2023 16:32

EXCLUSIVE: Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen issues statement on Florida attack

Rick Allen, the drummer of Def Leppard, responded to being recently assaulted.

By ABC NEWS
March 19, 2023, 6:00 PM

Rick Allen, the drummer of Def Leppard, issued a statement exclusively to ABC News on Sunday in response to being violently assaulted in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, last week.

"Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support. Your love and prayers are truly helping. My wife Lauren [Monroe] was thankfully not with me at the time of the incident. We are together now, and working on recovering in a safe space," the statement said, adding they are focused on "healing for everyone involved."

"We ask you to join us in our effort to move from confusion and shock to compassion and empathy," the statement continued. "We understand this act of violence can be triggering for so many people. To all of the fans, veterans and first responders in our global community, we are thinking of you all. Together with love, we can all get through these difficult times.

Police arrested Ohio teenager Max Hartley, 19, after he allegedly attacked the 59-year-old drummer outside of the Four Seasons in Fort Lauderdale on March 13, a day after the band played at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, according to authorities.

Allen, who lost his arm in an accident in 1984 and has played the drums with one arm ever since, hit his head after Hartley allegedly came up from behind and threw him to the ground, according to a police report reviewed by ABC News.

A woman who reportedly tried to interfere in the incident was also allegedly attacked by Hartley, who began hitting her and dragging her by her hair, according to police.

Hartley was caught shortly after the incident and has since been charged with four counts of criminal mischief, a felony; one count of misdemeanor battery and one count of aggravated battery, according to a Fort Lauderdale police incident report.

ABC News' Luke Barr contributed to this report.

[abcnews.go.com]

Date: April 6, 2023 21:20

Mick Mars Files Lawsuit Against Motley Crue, Alleges the Band Is Attempting to ‘Gaslight’ and Fire Him

Mars alleged as part of the legal action that other group members mimed parts on the 2022 tour, while he played completely live, despite complaints about his performance he says figure into demands to have him sign a severance agreement

By Chris Willman
April 6, 2023

[variety.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 6, 2023 23:29

bye bye johnny
Mick Mars Files Lawsuit Against Motley Crue, Alleges the Band Is Attempting to ‘Gaslight’ and Fire Him

Mars alleged as part of the legal action that other group members mimed parts on the 2022 tour, while he played completely live, despite complaints about his performance he says figure into demands to have him sign a severance agreement

By Chris Willman
April 6, 2023

[variety.com]

I just read the article. What a mess. Give it up guys, you are no longer a band.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2023 01:33

The insider claims about the fake parts by most of the band are particularly damning...so many bands do that these days, Roger Waters, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, etc...a complete sham but people still go to these shows so what can you do.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: April 7, 2023 03:25

White Trash Circus.... Don't go away mad... all of you just go away

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: April 7, 2023 04:59

Mick Mars stated that Nikki Sixx didn’t “play a single note on bass” on the band’s last tour and instead used pre-recorded tracks. Pathetic.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 7, 2023 06:02

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
For me I just find the timing of the announcement of Mars’ replacement a little callous, but who am I??

Ah.

They obviously knew way in advance.

The Stones kind of did a similar thing recently. AC/DC hired Axl Rose. The Who... well, whatever.

Big contracts are exactly those. If the band/artist doesn't come through... we may never know the truth of if something was cancelled and what the cost would be since various acts carry on.

Well for the Stones they were about to go on tour, so I can understand that. AC/DC were already on tour, again understandable. Not sure of The Who situation so I can’t comment. I believe the Crue are done til next year correct? I’d have to look up their schedule to confirm that but if so, it seemed rushed IMO. After all that Mars has given to the band I just think the remaining guys could have shown a little more respect for him. It kind of reminds me of when Vince was ousted and Corabi was brought in. If memory serves I believe there was a similar speed to the announcement. Maybe Sixx just really is that much of an ass IDK.

Apparently it was known well in advance. They didn't shaft Mars.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 7, 2023 10:26

Just because Mick Mars attorneys wrote up a statement claiming all this doesn’t make it true.
We’re talking about millions of dollars at stake,People tend to go scorched earth sometimes.
I could see a sound effect or vocal track but why would they not play the Bass and Drums,guys have been playing for decades, I’m not buying it.

I’ve been watching some videos of them to see how John 5 did and they sound pretty good, didn’t look fake to me.

Date: April 7, 2023 13:41

Motley Crue Responds to Mick Mars’ Lawsuit, Contending He Quit After ‘Struggling to Remember Chords, Playing the Wrong Songs’

'Retiring from touring is resigning from the band. The band’s primary function is to tour and perform concerts,' says Motley Crue's attorney, who provided declarations from crew personnel about his performances

by Chris Willman
April 6, 2023

[variety.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2023 16:20

That’s correct. Retiring from touring is resigning from the band,” said Frid. “The band’s primary function is to tour and perform concerts. And as you saw from the amendment, if a shareholder resigns, he cannot receive any compensation from touring".

"Resigning" is a pretty official term and he was probably clever enough never to use it...bottom line is that it looks like it's going to cost them, the same way it cost Frey and Henley when they fired Felder !

Anyway didn't these clowns (including Mars) sign a "binding contract" in front of the cameras that one of their tours was the "last one" ? Yes, that's it back in 2014... [www.sandiegouniontribune.com] - pathetic.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-07 17:45 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 7, 2023 18:17

lem motlow
Just because Mick Mars attorneys wrote up a statement claiming all this doesn’t make it true.
We’re talking about millions of dollars at stake,People tend to go scorched earth sometimes.
I could see a sound effect or vocal track but why would they not play the Bass and Drums,guys have been playing for decades, I’m not buying it.

I’ve been watching some videos of them to see how John 5 did and they sound pretty good, didn’t look fake to me.

Nikki's bass parts have been pre-recorded for years and synced to the drums.

On another board I read something about his internal meter being broken or something.

They may have been doing this for years but practicing and improving their musicianship has never been part of the process.

Date: April 7, 2023 22:11

lem motlow

I don’t believe he’s talking about now. He’s talking about a few years ago. The Tommy Lee late footage is from 2019. But I don’t buy the Milli Vanilli thing in total.

OT: Mötley Crüe
Date: April 7, 2023 22:57

Mick Mars Speaks Out on Motley Crue Lawsuits: ‘I Can’t Believe They’re Pulling This Crap — I Carried Those Bastards for Years’ (EXCLUSIVE)

'Those guys have been hammering on me since ’87, trying to replace me,' says Mars, talking about his legal efforts to maintain what he claims is a rightful place in the band's business affairs, even after retiring from touring

by Chris Willman
April 6, 2023

[variety.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 7, 2023 23:20

bye bye johnny
Motley Crue Responds to Mick Mars’ Lawsuit, Contending He Quit After ‘Struggling to Remember Chords, Playing the Wrong Songs’

'Retiring from touring is resigning from the band. The band’s primary function is to tour and perform concerts,' says Motley Crue's attorney, who provided declarations from crew personnel about his performances

by Chris Willman
April 6, 2023

[variety.com]

Ha, so I guess Brian Wilson resigned from the Beach Boys in the mid 60s?

Date: April 8, 2023 06:27

I’ve read comments from folks online stating that they saw Tommy Lee walking to his drums while his track was playing and so that only added to the whole theory of them phoning, er recording, it in.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 8, 2023 10:27

I saw Charlie Watts walking toward his drums when the beat for Sympathy For The Devil was playing.
I read online that Keith Richards had a guy under the stage playing his parts.

Seriously, I’m not saying this couldn’t be true, but we’re not talking about Jaco Pastorious bass lines here.it’s almost punk level playing, it would be bizarre that someone who spent their life being a musician couldn’t play it.
It just smacks of a combination of internet nonsense, people with axes to grind and lawyer hyperbole.
Again, the recent videos of them playing with John 5 seem like a band jamming, doesn’t look fake to me but maybe over the years they’ve gone from musicians to magicians who knows.

Date: April 8, 2023 20:16

lem motlow
I saw Charlie Watts walking toward his drums when the beat for Sympathy For The Devil was playing.
I read online that Keith Richards had a guy under the stage playing his parts.

Seriously, I’m not saying this couldn’t be true, but we’re not talking about Jaco Pastorious bass lines here.it’s almost punk level playing, it would be bizarre that someone who spent their life being a musician couldn’t play it.
It just smacks of a combination of internet nonsense, people with axes to grind and lawyer hyperbole.
Again, the recent videos of them playing with John 5 seem like a band jamming, doesn’t look fake to me but maybe over the years they’ve gone from musicians to magicians who knows.

As I said again he is not talking about the John 5 Motley Crew as a mentioned before he’s talking about when he was in the band.

Date: April 12, 2023 23:41

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 13, 2023 02:50

I've seen quite a few TV spots for the Crue/Leppard/Alice Cooper gig at Ohio Stadium... mostly during local broadcasts for the NHL Blue Jackets and MLB Reds.

I figured it was a "slow-seller"...

Date: June 25, 2023 00:50

Mötley Crüe teasing a "Dögs Of War" club show in London on June 30 ahead of their July 1 show with Def Leppard at Wembley Stadium:

[twitter.com]

Date: June 25, 2023 00:55

EXCLUSIVE

Mick Mars Goes to War With Mötley Crüe

He left the band he co-founded more than 40 years ago amid a nasty legal fight. Now the 72-year-old is ready to tell his story and dish the real dirt

By Andy Greene
June 24, 2023

Photograph by Quyn Duong for Rolling Stone

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: June 25, 2023 22:56

Good on Mick. The way the rest have treated him - really Nikki because he was a similar Dk with Vince when he was fired - Mick deserves to fight back!! BS.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2023 06:57

Studio recordings for live shows:

Roger Waters
Motely Crue

Certainly loads of others.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home