Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: OT: Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard 2022 Tour
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 19, 2022 13:48

Poison - saw them only once, the intimate Tivoli Theatre in Dublin, April 1993. Quite a spectacle - such big hair and such low ceilings.

They were damn good that night though, Ritchie Kotzen was in tow so no CC.

Motley - Glasgow 2006 on the Carnival of Sins tour. Excellent show.

Leppard - many times, venues big and tiny. Met Joe Elliott briefly out and about in Dublin many a year ago. Lepp on record I liked the first 4 albums but lost interest at Adrenalize. Live though they were and remain a quality show. The new album is okay, but with Lepp we all go to hear the 80s stuff. They perform that classic material very well indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-19 13:51 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 19, 2022 14:11

I saw Motley Crue at the US festival back in '83. Their set started right after Quiet Riot early in the day, and I recall them playing Live Wire and Shout at the Devil in the 100 + degree dusty heat - a truly hellish experience ha.
I also saw Def Leppard in '86 "in the round" at the LA Forum with my younger cousin, and while I liked a few tunes of theirs - mostly their first couple of albums ("Let it Go" was a great tune)- they just weren't very good live.
Can't imagine paying to see either today - especially in a massive stadium or in a large arena, but might enjoy them if they played on a small outdoor stage at a County Fair, and tix were included w/price of fair admission..

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 19, 2022 16:07

Joan Jett is the only act on this tour I’ve seen. And I’m ok with that.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 21, 2022 20:59

Vince Neil documentary "Mötley Crüe's Vince Neil: My Story" will premiere Sunday, June 26 on Reelz.

Re: OT: Mötley Crüe 2020 Tour
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 21, 2022 21:29

RollingFreak
Its funny even just on the level of Motley Crue and Def Leppard being a stadium draw in 2020. I like and enjoy both of those bands, but I can't imagine how you drum up even an ounce of interest in that. The concert business is such a hilarious struggle these days, I'm happy to sit back with popcorn and watch it all go down.
Same here

Re: OT: Mötley Crüe 2020 Tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 22, 2022 12:15

TheGreek
RollingFreak
Its funny even just on the level of Motley Crue and Def Leppard being a stadium draw in 2020. I like and enjoy both of those bands, but I can't imagine how you drum up even an ounce of interest in that. The concert business is such a hilarious struggle these days, I'm happy to sit back with popcorn and watch it all go down.
Same here

I'm with you. After seeing a mediocre Bob Dylan show (really short & really expensive + I think I caught COVID there.) I think I've pretty much stopped buying tickets. I have some shows between now & October but I haven't bought any tickets for awhile. I'll probably go to a show here & there but radically less than I have in the past. Things have just gotten too expensive.

Date: June 28, 2022 21:16

Episodes 2 & 3 of Def Leppard's "Behind the Stadium Tour"

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 28, 2022 22:28

I have seen all the bands many times, and even Classless Act once and was planning on going if I could get a cheap seat but everything about this tour seems so terrible from Def Leppard doing "new" songs to Motley Crue being just absolutely dreadful live and a whole lot less fun without the pyro that I just don't see myself as interested after 2 1/2 months of reports from the other gigs.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: June 28, 2022 22:53

I went to over 150 concerts between 1989 - 2019. Was already slowing down in 2019, as I only took in 4 shows the entire year.

I have pretty much decided to retire from attending live concerts. I've seen pretty much everyone I needed to see, including the Stones, Dylan and Springsteen double digit times. Was lucky enough to catch John Prine, Lou Reed, Tom Waits, Jerry Garcia Band and Richard Thompson at least once each. Missed out on seeing Leonard Cohen and Warren Zevon, unforturnately.

I am more than content to listen to my records and CDs in the comfort of my own home these days. I'm satisfied that the industry has enough of my money, and I'm not into big, crowded rooms anymore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 22:54 by JimmyTheSaint.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 02:23

Jimmy-I'm kind of with you. Probably the only band I'd travel more than 2 hours to see and see in a Stadium would be AC/DC one more time. But even that is a maybe. Just smaller theater size local shows for me. And I'm just fine with that as well. Chicago 2019 will be my last ever Stones show and it was great so a perfect stopping point.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 04:31

On a side note, now I have Leonard Cohen's Everybody Knows stuck in my head!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 29, 2022 04:47

Every time I see a video of Poison or Motley Crew live I can’t stop laughing. Tacky with a does of schmaltz. Candy corn music made for playgrounds and adolescent musically challenged kids.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 29, 2022 14:11

Cooltoplady
Every time I see a video of Poison or Motley Crew live I can’t stop laughing. Tacky with a does of schmaltz. Candy corn music made for playgrounds and adolescent musically challenged kids.

Girl, don’t go away mad, just go away. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 17:37 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 29, 2022 15:12

Hanoi Rocks were far superior than Crue
Always loved hysteria by Def Leppard

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 29, 2022 22:38

stargroover
Hanoi Rocks were far superior than Crue
Always loved hysteria by Def Leppard

Completely agree with both opinions !!! Hanoi were great and early Lepp albums were fabulous.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: June 29, 2022 23:34

Agreed, loved early Lepp High n Dry my persoal fav

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 30, 2022 02:37

I hear DL is doing great on this tour, while MC is really awful.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2022 06:14

Elmo Lewis

Def Leppard is the only act of these oldies that has new material from a new album and they're playing it!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 1, 2022 03:37

GasLightStreet
Elmo Lewis

Def Leppard is the only act of these oldies that has new material from a new album and they're playing it!

Def Leppard are pros while seemingly Motley Crue are on a cash grab. Motley really need the big spectacle to cover for Vince Neil's vocals. Here in Seattle tickets were $125 (+service charges) to sit in the upper deck. I'm glad I passed. Going a bit off track, I had a problem getting ADA seating for RHCP @ T-Mobile Stadium. The process kept blowing up (& I heard from a friend the same thing was happening in Vegas). I tried to get help from Ticketmaster & they are unresponsive. They don't even list a customer service phone number. So when I went to the baseball game yesterday I talked to the Mariners guest relations & they fixed my problem immediately. They see me & they have visions of me falling down stairs & lawsuits, haha. Actually, the Mariners customer service is quite good.

Date: July 1, 2022 06:59

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Elmo Lewis

Def Leppard are pros while seemingly Motley Crue are on a cash grab. Motley really need the big spectacle to cover for Vince Neil's vocals. Here in Seattle tickets were $125 (+service charges) to sit in the upper deck. I'm glad I passed. Going a bit off track, I had a problem getting ADA seating for RHCP @ T-Mobile Stadium. The process kept blowing up (& I heard from a friend the same thing was happening in Vegas). I tried to get help from Ticketmaster & they are unresponsive. They don't even list a customer service phone number. So when I went to the baseball game yesterday I talked to the Mariners guest relations & they fixed my problem immediately. They see me & they have visions of me falling down stairs & lawsuits, haha. Actually, the Mariners customer service is quite good.

Oh wow.

What a shame. Just the IDEA. Wow.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 1, 2022 07:01

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Elmo Lewis

Have several friends up here in BC who bought tickets for Seattle but are pissed off since they announced a Vancouver show. Quite a few tickets left for that. My problem isn't the price of tickets but I don't want to watch a 6-7 hour concert! I still don't think Vince or Mick will be able to last the whole tour. Also, I see Crue don't have all the pyro that they usually have. Tons of videos on youtube to see!

Date: July 1, 2022 07:08

DGA35
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Elmo Lewis

Have several friends up here in BC who bought tickets for Seattle but are pissed off since they announced a Vancouver show. Quite a few tickets left for that. My problem isn't the price of tickets but I don't want to watch a 6-7 hour concert! I still don't think Vince or Mick will be able to last the whole tour. Also, I see Crue don't have all the pyro that they usually have. Tons of videos on youtube to see!

It appears the days of pyro are over.

Not exactly something to be bummed out about.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 1, 2022 09:05

I dated a girl who was a bit younger than me in the 90s who sort of dragged me to see the Crue and at a different time Def Leppard.
I have to admit they were both pretty damn good.

Def Leppard were like an old fashioned rock band, not on the level of The giants but they could hang with Thin Lizzy or Golden Earring, that’s saying a lot.
They played their asses off.

The Crue are more like a punk band in make up.if you’re there for some transformative musical experience you’re in the wrong building, they’re fckng nuts and a good time.

No problem with any of it,keeping rock and roll alive.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 1, 2022 10:53

Anybody remember The Quireboys ?

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 1, 2022 14:57

Even some of these shows are bottoming out at $6 on the secondary though perhaps 3 stadium shows in Florida was a bit too much.

Date: July 1, 2022 20:58

Message from Bret Michaels following Poison's last minute cancellation in Nashville last night:

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 1, 2022 21:03

powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

I remember them, they came out around the same time as the Black Crowes. Thought either band would be an great opening act for the Stones. In Canada they were called the London Quireboys though. Guess there was another band here called Quireboys. Same as Bush, they were Bush X here.

Date: July 1, 2022 21:17

powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

Seen them 3 times, great band!

Not sure why the Black Crowes made it and they didn't as I thought they were far superior. Perhaps it was the makeup.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 19:42

I saw the Stadium Tour this week in Charlotte.
It was a long show! 1980s me woulda been psyched. 2020s me was ready to go home after spending 7 hours in the venue. Fun to see the hair band fans all grown up, LOL.
I've seen all these bands previously when we were all younger.
Joan Jett and Poison were great! Motley Crue was sub-par because Vince Neil sucks.
Def Leppard were awesome, minus the few new songs we had to sit thru. Joe Elliott's wardrobe made him look like a Golden Girl.
Hard to compare this show to The Stones that I had seen days earlier in Hyde Park.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 2, 2022 19:47

I heard that Brett Michaels is ill. And won’t be singing for awhile till he gets better.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home